00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread

9,965 Views | 145 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-10 22:22:08

At 8/10/14 10:18 PM, KatMaestro wrote:
At 8/10/14 07:30 PM, TheDoor6 wrote:
At 8/10/14 06:46 PM, KatMaestro wrote: Hey, OP, I couldn't find my name. Is there something wrong?
Ya, Kat. @Larrynachos is right. You've been accounted for. Don't worry about it. Anxiety makes you blind sometimes...I get it. ;)
Sorry, I was very tired.

No worries, man. Also, I agree with @Johnfn that there are MANY impressive pieces here, everyone! ;D Results come out in less than 24 hours. ^^

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-10 22:34:49

Damn dat 4 day deadline doe :P

Good luck to all entrants!

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-10 22:36:36

At 8/10/14 10:34 PM, Knoxius wrote: Damn dat 4 day deadline doe :P

Good luck to all entrants!

Yeah, sorry...it was rushed a bit, wasn't it? Oh well...there's always next year! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-10 22:41:49

At 8/10/14 10:36 PM, TheDoor6 wrote: Yeah, sorry...it was rushed a bit, wasn't it? Oh well...there's always next year! :)

A 4 day deadline for the tryout period is reasonable, because most people just submit an older piece.

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 06:35:49

At 8/10/14 10:41 PM, larrynachos wrote:
At 8/10/14 10:36 PM, TheDoor6 wrote: Yeah, sorry...it was rushed a bit, wasn't it? Oh well...there's always next year! :)
A 4 day deadline for the tryout period is reasonable, because most people just submit an older piece.

Some of us aren't on the site every day though... I wasn't even aware of the contest till about just now. A good reason to have a long entry list is so that people can see that a contest is going to happen... anyway... next year maybe

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 15:43:10

how late will the results come out since it is already evening here :P

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 15:49:26

All times seem to be EST so the result will come out before 11:59 pm EST.
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/est.html

Just a random idiot

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 15:51:11

At 8/11/14 03:43 PM, ForeverBound wrote: how late will the results come out since it is already evening here :P

@Ectisity is right, but we're shooting for closer to 10:00 p.m. EST, i.e. 4:00 a.m. or 5:00 a.m. in the Netherlands (I think...). Sorry, ForeverBound. ;(

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 15:54:06

But then I have to stay awake for the rest of night :(

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 16:00:50

At 8/11/14 03:51 PM, TheDoor6 wrote:
At 8/11/14 03:43 PM, ForeverBound wrote: how late will the results come out since it is already evening here :P
@Ectisity is right, but we're shooting for closer to 10:00 p.m. EST, i.e. 4:00 a.m. or 5:00 a.m. in the Netherlands (I think...). Sorry, ForeverBound. ;(

10 pm EST is 3am in the netherlands actually X3. As it's summertime it might be 2am depending if we are going by Eastern Standard Time or Eastern Daylight Time

Just a random idiot

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 17:23:45

What's going down Gordon brown.

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 19:45:46

At 8/11/14 04:00 PM, Ectisity wrote:
At 8/11/14 03:51 PM, TheDoor6 wrote:
10 pm EST is 3am in the netherlands actually X3. As it's summertime it might be 2am depending if we are going by Eastern Standard Time or Eastern Daylight Time

Dammit, my clock seems to be 2 hours off =_=. Yea it's 4am.
There I lost my chance to act smart for once :(.

Just a random idiot

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 23:12:53

Sorry, everyone. You see, there's been a bit of the hold-up. It's not that the judges haven't scored your submissions, it's that one of the judges has been kidnapped.

@Johnfn has been kidnapped by an extreme cult of his followers, and is in serious danger. We're sending @Lockyn after him in the official NGAUC private jet, as we believe the cult is trying to smuggle him into Russia.

Johnfn, according to our official reports, had written down his scores on the fancy parchment which he's trying to use up because it's a bitter reminder of his ex-girlfriend, who gave it to him for Christmas last year. Anyway, that parchment is apparently now in his back pocket as he makes his way to Russia...

:'(

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 23:24:14

The Russians can't contain me!!!

Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 23:26:06

So, I tried to recruit @Troisnyx and @PirateCrab to help with this mess, but they're really grumpy about it. Some crap about it being 5:00 a.m. in the U.K. or something...

OH MY GOD! The cult just sent us a message through Twitter! Can anyone speak their language? This is what it says:

"Nich raan dier, fukurai int aschinct GOO."

:O

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 23:27:40

At 8/11/14 11:24 PM, johnfn wrote: The Russians can't contain me!!!

AH! YOU IMPOSTER!!! HOW DARE YOU CORRUPT THIS THREAD!

I knew it...the Russians and the cult members are working together...

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 23:36:16

At 8/11/14 11:12 PM,

Johnfn, according to our official reports, had written down his scores on the fancy parchment which he's trying to use up because it's a bitter reminder of his ex-girlfriend, who gave it to him for Christmas last year. Anyway, that parchment is apparently now in his back pocket as he makes his way to Russia...

'(

Let's ask Tom if we can use the official newgrounds nukesto blow Russia to smitherens. Then get a plane and get johnfn out of there.

Just a random idiot

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 23:44:23

I guess you could say you're.......... *Puts Glasses on* Russian to get him home.....YEAAAHHHHH

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-11 23:59:55

At 8/11/14 11:44 PM, DjSkyFall wrote: I guess you could say you're.......... *Puts Glasses on* Russian to get him home.....YEAAAHHHHH

Dammit, DjSkyFall! There's no place for humor at a time like this! >_<

Fortunately, @Bosa was able to decode the message from Twitter based on some files we intercepted from the cult. It said, "Tonight, we make a sacrifice...of BLOOD!"

That can't be good...

Anyway, don't worry about it, because @Steampianist and @Camoshark have already used their top-secret C.I.A.-issued time machines to travel back in time and stop the Russians from kidnapping Johnfn. Unfortunately, they landed about 20 miles southwest of Johnfn's house, and had to steal someone's car in order to make it in time. They're currently in rush-hour traffic. :/

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-12 00:13:29

Wheres my car

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-12 00:30:01

At 8/12/14 12:13 AM, larrynachos wrote: Wheres my car

Consult Ashton Kutcher.

Latest Track: Children of Saturn

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-12 00:32:23

At 8/12/14 12:26 AM, Jurgen wrote: Is this real life

Oh, darn it! I completely lost track of time in the present with all this time travel stuff! Well, fortunately we rescued Johnfn, and it turns out his scores were on his computer after all. We should've just let the cult members take him...

Anyway, it's late so you guys should probably go to bed...

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-12 01:00:05

At 8/12/14 12:32 AM, TheDoor6 wrote:
At 8/12/14 12:26 AM, Jurgen wrote: Is this real life
Oh, darn it! I completely lost track of time in the present with all this time travel stuff! Well, fortunately we rescued Johnfn, and it turns out his scores were on his computer after all. We should've just let the cult members take him...

Anyway, it's late so you guys should probably go to bed...

So, it's come to my attention that you guys actually do want to know whether or not you made it through to the next round...for some reason.

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-12 03:34:53

At 8/11/14 11:26 PM, TheDoor6 wrote: So, I tried to recruit @Troisnyx and @PirateCrab to help with this mess, but they're really grumpy about it. Some crap about it being 5:00 a.m. in the U.K. or something...

OH MY GOD! The cult just sent us a message through Twitter! Can anyone speak their language? This is what it says:

O

Good grief, I was asleep then...
At any rate, I'm beginning to think myself the most unpopular judge of the round.

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-12 04:12:15

Good grief, I was asleep then...
At any rate, I'm beginning to think myself the most unpopular judge of the round.

Why, because of your reviews? All your reviews made sense and you came with a proper explanation to what you didn't like and did like about our tracks. We are the ones always asking for feedback, so dosen't make much sense for us to get angry after such helpful and honest reviews. As a starting out musician I really appreciate that you took the time to review my piece :). It really will help me improve :D.
In my head you and TheDoor6 are the most popular judges as you reviewed so many of the entries, though I completely understand that the others didn't have time for this :D.
Wish you good luck in further judging the contest ;).
-Ectisity

Just a random idiot

Response to Ofcl Ngaucontest Tryout Thread 2014-08-12 07:17:51

@TheDoor6 it's always 5AM in the morning for me :'(

Now that the Russians are out of the way, I will be posting a few reviews scattered about across the entries, but first I really need to finish my NGADM song. Whoops!

At 8/11/14 11:26 PM, TheDoor6 wrote: So, I tried to recruit @Troisnyx and @PirateCrab to help with this mess, but they're really grumpy about it. Some crap about it being 5:00 a.m. in the U.K. or something...

O

Gawd dammit sheesh

Pirates WILL rule one day...

HIT ME UP BITCHES. Piratecrab's Soundcloud| Piratecrab's Youtube