00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Be careful being charitable.

1,195 Views | 16 Replies

Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-04 00:00:02

Hey fags, let me tell you about my 9 days of toil, so I was bitching on youtube in the comments section about art related bullshit when this kid comes up and asks: can you draw my profile image? I was going to say no because I'm not into anthro crap but I felt charitable so I threw the dog a bone and began work, half way through I took a breather and had a look on his deviantart and I noticed something:

Look, saying that i'm a art thief is like saying that i'm not a art thief... I'M NOT STEALING ART! I'm borrowing the art so that if i get a new Wacom Tablet, i can make my own versions of Shadow Dash. And i created Shadow Dash in the first place at the wrong time because my other Tablet broke. So quit spamming me with hate mail that doesn't have to do anything with my profile. Also, what's interesting is that a guy made Shadow Dash also with the same name as me (My name is Ryan aswell). And if you are reading this, Ryan... I wanna say that you're trying to exceed your stupidity levels trying to complain with me like that. So much bullshit that my meter is going crazy when you talk bullshit like that.

I had fallen into a barrel full of shit, this little queer was all up in someone else's OC and stealing other people's artwork, so I messaged him about it and oh boy was that 9 days of turmoil, have a look: (start from the bottom)

----------
Uraku said the following:

them's is the brakes kid, you want to be a man about this that's what you gotta do, like I don't really care, I got other shit to do man, get back to me when you're done, I'm off to watch Evangelion 3.0, Mari is best girl.

----------
ShadowDash389 said the following:

I don't trust you one bit. Not even the minimal.

----------

If it were anybody else, they would've just walked by now, but I actually want to help you fix this situation, and you're not making it easy for me man, so heres the final offer:

Take responsibility of the situation and make amends with the other party and you get the image and another commission.

Have a lovely summer and stay out of trouble.

----------

Ah ha! I see. You are one of his supporters! Well fuck off! You don't know how much i hate shadowdash1823... He's been spamming me that same fucking message over and over again and you're one of my haters. So fuck you once again!

----------

Then finish up what i came here for and quit talking about the same fucking topic!

----------

Now why you gotta be like that man? I'm your friend, I'm trying to help you here, we had something good here man, you were my bro, but if I'm going to scrach your back I'd like to get my back scratched too and not get marked by the DA community as a co-conspirator, just say sorry to the bro, you don't have to mean it man, make amends so he'll get off your back.

----------

Yeah, like keep on telling me to "Control it" would do any good on one army like me. You're one of EffectsRyan's supporters? So be it, because i can't stand the worthless haters like you in my territory... i can already tell that i can't tell a professial artist to do my dirty work because then this happens, i hope you understand. I'm blocking you

----------

Fuck it. Fuck the request. I shouldn't have talked to such a ignorant person like you. The line work was good and i was looking forward to it, but no. You had to. Go fuck yourself

----------

that's not controlling the situation man, that's shutting yourself away from it, and what about me? whose to say they won't jump on me if I release the image, you've got to take responsibility and be an adult about this, it's no good ignoring your problems, it's still going to be there no matter what.

----------

I already controlled it. I'm no longer getting hate mail

----------

I told you man, work your situation out, I've got a reputation to uphold I can't publicly get involved with something with this much heat, too much risk, I don't wan't to be thrown into the middle of this silliness.

----------

Are you done?

----------

They're his friends, they believe that blood sucking bastard

----------

how'd he trick em?

----------

I appreciate those words but he tricked so much people to sarcastically thinging that

----------

verbally lose? conversation isn't a competition, it's an exchange of information, just work it out, I know you're man enough to get it done.

----------

I blocked all the haters to avoid contact with them so i don't have to verbally lose by some mistake of a misjudgment

----------

yo bro, I'm all for fighting your battles and being hot shit and all but when you lose the physicality of a conflict all you've got is negotiation and dick thrusting doesn't work in them situations, sit down, have a chat with that other guy you mentioned and really try to work this out.

----------

Haters think i'm cold hearted but to nice people, i open up to the most pure heart ever. But to those haters, they have to face me (And my grammar)

----------

sure okay, but man, I got a reputation to upkeep, and I don't want to jump into the deep end of whatever it is that's going on here, you dig?, sort it out man, play nice your aggressors, hippies like me don't chant peace and love because we like the sound of those words, it also works as a negotiation strategy.

----------

It's my stuff

----------

So what about that stuff people say is stolen, you asked permission to use that stuff right?

----------

No. EffectsRyan thinks that i stole his OC but i'm the first one to come up with it, hes just jealous

----------

Why are they doing that? did you do something to them?

----------

They keep spamming me to leave devaintart. Fucking idiots

----------

nah, it's the droves of people that came to your profile that keep saying it and junk, I'm just wondering what's up with that, and why theres alll these hidden messages and stuff, it's a bit weird don't ya think?

----------

What? I'm not stealing. I'm the original shadow dash. Did EffectsRyan told you this, he's just a asshole, he stole my OC

----------

Hey, like I was looking through your page and I heard some crazy stuff about you stealing other people's OC's and artwork and junk, you mind explaining that to me? I'm not so clear on the details.

So in conclusion, I'm never doing that again and fags on deviant art are fuckin' retarded.

Be careful being charitable.

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-04 00:33:19

Maybe post this in the art lounge next time? There are an uncountable amount of stories like this

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-05 13:13:09

I think you're both just tits making mountains out of molehills. There's no valuable lesson to be learned here at all, you just wanted to say "look how mature and level-headed I was in this spat with a thirteen year old and his allegedly plagiarized ORIGINAL CHARACTER". I can't imagine what possessed you to try and patch up an adolescent conflict on the internet anyway, much less on fucking deviantart. "Be a man" and "reason with the other party"? Piss off. What he did was the sensible option, he didn't even entertain the argument and blocked them. The method you suggested he employ was the very method you tried yourself, and look how far it got you. It's not "be careful being charitable" (which is a real fuckin condescending way of addressing your 'generosity' anyway, totally contrasting your tryhard liberalism) so much as "don't waste your time with internet arguments". Which despite being common sense, took you nine days to work out. Nice.

And with regards to your "reputation", I really don't think anyone's going to be all that concerned about the pissing contest a guy you drew a picture for is or ain't presently entertaining. It's hardly the fucking match of the century.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-05 13:53:19

Anyone who has an " Original character" called "Shadow Dash" should be avoided like the dark plague.

My tumblr yo.

My art thread.

If anyone wanna be drawing pals, add me on discord fam "daker#3361"

BBS Signature

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-05 15:20:33

At 8/5/14 01:13 PM, JoeTheToucan wrote: stuff

nice shit-post.

At 8/5/14 01:53 PM, Daker777NG wrote: Anyone who has an " Original character" called "Shadow Dash" should be avoided like the dark plague.

Ain't that the truth.

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-05 16:04:11

At 8/5/14 01:13 PM, JoeTheToucan wrote: It's hardly the fucking match of the century.

I love you Joe

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-05 16:04:59

I was hesitant to even pop into this thread, but I'm just going to say it. This is an absolutely absurd amount of drama and immaturity over freaking MLP OC's and young adolescent idiots. I want my 5 minutes back.

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-05 16:22:24

At 8/5/14 04:04 PM, fxscreamer wrote: his is an absolutely absurd amount of drama and immaturity over freaking MLP OC's

HA! I honestly thought it was a Sonic OC. Should have checked the links in the opening post right away.

Now after seeing them, I got to say, it's just two kids who came up with the same unoriginal name for their own """"original"""" characters. I believe you should not have asked him to get things straight with the other kid, when it's not clear, if there is something he did wrong to begin with. Also if you are being charitable, don't expect gratitude. It's nice when it happens, but many times, it does not.

BBS Signature

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-05 16:59:00

At 8/5/14 04:22 PM, Luwano wrote: Also if you are being charitable, don't expect gratitude. It's nice when it happens, but many times, it does not.

the origional title was gonna be "Deviant art is fucking retarded" but I thought people would get bitchy about it.

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-05 18:03:53

That exchange was like watching an eight year old pull age rank on a seven year old. Come on, Maher.

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-05 18:43:55

the origional title was gonna be "Deviant art is fucking retarded" but I thought people would get bitchy about it.

When I read the title, I thought you were going to talk about how you donated money to a breast cancer charity or something, but then I thought 'wait, this is an art forum...' Lol.

This was a fun read, sort of. The bickering is very elementary, but amusing nonetheless. Nice drawing too for someone who doesn't like anthros.

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-05 18:57:59

At 8/5/14 03:20 PM, M-Maher wrote: nice shit-post.

Nice buzzword

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-05 19:19:04

At 8/5/14 06:57 PM, JoeTheToucan wrote:
Nice buzzword

Just remember if you use buzzwords that you beeeeeeee yourself.

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-05 20:50:56

At 8/5/14 06:57 PM, JoeTheToucan wrote:
Nice buzzword

<3

At 8/5/14 06:03 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: That exchange was like watching an eight year old pull age rank on a seven year old. Come on, Maher.

yeah, I'm not really on this end of the situation too often, wanted to play it zen 'cus he seemed like the sensative type, if I didn't give a shit it'd be business as usual, just tell the kid to fuck off the edge of my dick and be done with it, but eh, wanted to see what could be done about this, you know, as my one good deed of the year.

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-06 03:59:02

At 8/4/14 12:00 AM, M-Maher wrote: Hey fags,

this little queer
----------

fags on deviant art are fuckin' retarded.

Hey, how about we don't use anti-gay slurs? I don't know how to explain it to you if you don't understand- maybe Louis CK can do the trick.

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-06 08:56:17

At 8/6/14 03:59 AM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 8/4/14 12:00 AM, M-Maher wrote: Hey fags,

this little queer
----------

fags on deviant art are fuckin' retarded.
Hey, how about we don't use anti-gay slurs? I don't know how to explain it to you if you don't understand- maybe Louis CK can do the trick.

eh, it's an ironic self deprecating use, I can make fun of myself right? anyway a fag is a cigorette, a steamed faggot is a meatball and the word queer means strange and odd, if you're a fan of the man you now never have to care about slurs again.

Response to Be careful being charitable. 2014-08-06 11:11:22

A thread about a giant conversation that appears to be between two people with the maturity of a 12 year old. Yeah this is worth while...