00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tale of the tape!

453 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Tale of the tape! 2014-08-03 19:56:28

I was interested in finding animation software for doing some animation work of my own but I am in a quandary as to what software package offers the best bang for the buck including the software that can produce the best results and not require a college education specifically in using a suit of rather archaic tools. I figure I would see what those who use this software have to say.

I am looking at doing 2D for right now. 3D is rather involved and really takes computing power I do not have right now. I am not looking for simplicity for the sake of simplicity. Image generation alone takes time. That is a given. I would like to be able to produce more or less professional looking results from software that does not cost no $65 Million dollars.

I more or less am interested in the following two software packages: Anime Studio Pro And Toon Boom. I am open for suggestions to other suits but I am strongly leaning towards Anime Studio Pro.

I figure I would ask those who are in the know as to what is up since some of you out there do use this software.

A tinfoil hat does not protect you from mind control. It just makes you look stupid!

Response to Tale of the tape! 2014-08-04 08:13:12

I'd suggest you to download a trial of both of them and just test them out.
See what works best in your workflow (programs do take time to get used to)
Then go for that one.

or just get tvpaint :P

Response to Tale of the tape! 2014-08-04 19:09:35

At 8/4/14 08:13 AM, Sjiht wrote: I'd suggest you to download a trial of both of them and just test them out.
See what works best in your workflow (programs do take time to get used to)
Then go for that one.

or just get tvpaint :P

I actually like to get information from people who use these suits to give me a more rounded idea of what I am looking at. Anime Studio pro seems more "Bone Head Simple" but may have limitations I am not aware of. For all I know Toon Boom is a little more expensive but may offer more well rounded features and a better (shorter) learning curve. I am grappling with getting past the hype. That is why at this point I would like to hear from actual software users.

I have not heard of TVPaint. Is this software you use and why have you chosen to work with it?

A tinfoil hat does not protect you from mind control. It just makes you look stupid!