00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zpredojev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Any progressive music fans?

942 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Any progressive music fans? 2014-08-01 19:57:42

I'm a guitarist (and writer of majority of my bands material) and I was looking for fellow musicians who might want to collab, or just talk about anything to do with music :D

Response to Any progressive music fans? 2014-08-02 21:11:08

Kor-Rune and Warhector are both great artists that have thrown out some truly amazing progressive pieces. Shout out to them!

Latest Track: Children of Saturn

BBS Signature

Response to Any progressive music fans? 2014-08-04 11:17:24

I like prog/acid rock, and I've attempted at doing one or two pieces in the genre, but I can't mix well in said genre. Just throwing it out there nonetheless.

Response to Any progressive music fans? 2014-08-04 11:30:09

I like progressive music to an extent. It depends on how it's made. Some progressive music (especially a lot of prog house) just stretch on for ages, and are meant to ease in the different elements of a track extremely gradually, which kind of bores me, as that kind of music is really only good to keep in the background for me. However, if progressive music strikes an ideal balance between being gradual and getting on with it, with satisfying climaxes to signify the end of a progression, then I absolutely love it.

I can't bring myself to making proper progressive music though.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Any progressive music fans? 2014-08-04 15:46:37

At 8/4/14 11:56 AM, lasse wrote: A great pop song will always trump everything else

I beg to differ, pop songs can get annoying really quickly, I recently listened to the praised and criticly acclaimed Dark Side of the Moon album by Pink Floyd and it blew my socks off, even though there was no catchy 4 bar phrase that got stuck in my head. Music is always best put to certain moods/emotions/situations and yeah sometimes a good pop song can really get you going when you're working out or something, but I find myself more often than not listening to some pop/radio stuff and not connecting with it. Most of it is just way to simple, stupid, cheap whatever to click with my emotional or even engineering sense of music.

Newest Track: h8ju

If you want me to Review smthn, just send me a PM ;)

Response to Any progressive music fans? 2014-08-04 18:36:09

flower kings for days

p.s. i am gay

Response to Any progressive music fans? 2014-08-05 07:19:39

At 8/5/14 05:26 AM, lasse wrote:
i said great pop, not every fucking dumb thing you hear on the radio

even then I think it's highly dependant on the Situation. no one song always tops the other imho. that is what i wanted to say.
no need to get angry ;)

Response to Any progressive music fans? 2014-08-05 10:26:37

At 8/5/14 09:21 AM, lasse wrote: dont try to come of as high and mighty saying UMAD UMAD because you wrote a vague and useless post that i reacted to

had a bad day?

Response to Any progressive music fans? 2014-08-06 19:28:02

At 8/5/14 09:21 AM, lasse wrote:
At 8/5/14 07:19 AM, Voltus wrote:
At 8/5/14 05:26 AM, lasse wrote:
i said great pop, not every fucking dumb thing you hear on the radio
even then I think it's highly dependant on the Situation. no one song always tops the other imho. that is what i wanted to say.
no need to get angry ;)
dont try to come of as high and mighty saying UMAD UMAD because you wrote a vague and useless post that i reacted to

Can we just agree that it's completely dependant on opinion? art is art. no one type of art is better then the next >.>

Response to Any progressive music fans? 2014-08-07 06:59:16

As I've matured as a composer I've found my style becoming more and more "progressive". I think I just like transitions too much. Hehe

On topic, do you actually record your stuff? Because Guitar Pro won't cut it if you're looking to really collab with folks. I'm looking for some songs to sing over maybe but not that... :)

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature