00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Please Help- art got deleted?

849 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Please Help- art got deleted? 2014-07-31 01:05:51

I'm new to the site and recently I tried to post some art, however, when I logged back in a few days later, I received a message saying that my submission has been removed. I looked on the posting rules and couldn't find any reason why my art had been deleted.

I understand that this painting is a little dark and macabre, but I'm wondering if maybe I made a mistake while posting or something? If I violated any rules please let me know so that I can know what I can or can't post next time.

Please Help- art got deleted?

Response to Please Help- art got deleted? 2014-07-31 01:35:01

At 7/31/14 01:05 AM, Choctopi wrote: I'm new to the site and recently I tried to post some art, however, when I logged back in a few days later, I received a message saying that my submission has been removed. I looked on the posting rules and couldn't find any reason why my art had been deleted.

I understand that this painting is a little dark and macabre, but I'm wondering if maybe I made a mistake while posting or something? If I violated any rules please let me know so that I can know what I can or can't post next time.

Maybe they assumed it wasn't really yours.

BBS Signature

Response to Please Help- art got deleted? 2014-07-31 03:22:02

At 7/31/14 01:35 AM, HandsomeCat wrote:
At 7/31/14 01:05 AM, Choctopi wrote: I'm new to the site and recently I tried to post some art, however, when I logged back in a few days later, I received a message saying that my submission has been removed. I looked on the posting rules and couldn't find any reason why my art had been deleted.

Maybe they assumed it wasn't really yours.

Hmm, can I contact someone somehow? This picture really is mine, but I've previously posted it on my Deviant art, but a friend of mine referred me to this website since the system is supposed to be better.

To clear up any misunderstandings, I'll update my deviant art page too.

Response to Please Help- art got deleted? 2014-07-31 03:40:32

As seen here. It is clear that you are the artist.

Red flags tend to fly when slight altercations are done and when a similar alias is not used. Please private message TurkeyOnAStick or ornery.

Response to Please Help- art got deleted? 2014-07-31 03:52:58

At 7/31/14 03:40 AM, Cairos wrote: As seen here. It is clear that you are the artist.

Red flags tend to fly when slight altercations are done and when a similar alias is not used. Please private message TurkeyOnAStick or ornery.

Ah, thank you, I'll contact them right away.

Response to Please Help- art got deleted? 2014-07-31 05:28:32

Hi, yeah, I deleted that because usually whenever somebody adds a signature to a painting that originally doesn't have one, usernames are very different and it's the only submission in their gallery, it's likely that the piece is stolen.

However looking at Cairo's post, it looks like I've made a mistake, so I'm sorry I took it down. I'll have a word with somebody to try and put it back up again.

BBS Signature

Response to Please Help- art got deleted? 2014-07-31 14:44:06

At 7/31/14 05:28 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Hi, yeah, I deleted that because usually whenever somebody adds a signature to a painting that originally doesn't have one, usernames are very different and it's the only submission in their gallery, it's likely that the piece is stolen.

However looking at Cairo's post, it looks like I've made a mistake, so I'm sorry I took it down. I'll have a word with somebody to try and put it back up again.

Thanks, and sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm really impressed with the system here though, it seems as if this website is working really hard to fight art theives (unlike DA).

Response to Please Help- art got deleted? 2014-07-31 15:54:16

At 7/31/14 02:44 PM, Choctopi wrote: Thanks, and sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm really impressed with the system here though, it seems as if this website is working really hard to fight art theives (unlike DA).

'cause we be lurking & hatin'.

Response to Please Help- art got deleted? 2014-07-31 16:19:56

Thanks, and sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm really impressed with the system here though, it seems as if this website is working really hard to fight art theives (unlike DA).

its all a size thing. Da is way too huge for its own good. Even if they did have a respectable theft prevention staff they'd never be able to keep up. We get as many art submissions in the portal in a day as they get in seconds.

Response to Please Help- art got deleted? 2014-08-01 00:59:32

At 7/31/14 04:19 PM, Daverom wrote:
its all a size thing. Da is way too huge for its own good. Even if they did have a respectable theft prevention staff they'd never be able to keep up. We get as many art submissions in the portal in a day as they get in seconds.

We also have a much more clear cut rule system that allows us to notice thieves easier. And we have a user base that can flag pieces making the mods jobs that much easier. DA could easily become that efficient if they got a good staff of people on board. The initial amount of work would be huge what with the backlog of rubbish they have, but once they cleared out that stuff would go rather smoothly.