00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is it hard to do work if you read

442 Views | 6 Replies

Is it hard to do work if you read 2014-07-29 05:29:07

Like physical stuff, i mean if your mentality are into books and mind relaxation. I find that its the only way i can think and read, or to get into that kinda stuff. But then one has to sacrifice physical awe of just doing stuff. What about you, do you feel the same way or is it trouble some for people who can't manage to find a mixture :)

Response to Is it hard to do work if you read 2014-07-29 05:57:07

At 7/29/14 05:41 AM, Cabbster wrote: Well there's sayings like "mind over matter" or "there is no spoon"

It's all in the mentality. If you have a strong mind, you may as well have a stronger physical ability. Don't look at Stephen Hawking, but most physically fit people have to have intelligence to mantain their strength and at the same time being physically healthy builds a physically healthy mind so they pretty much work hand in hand with each other. So to say that If you read alot, it may actually help you in some way or another in your approach to doing a new physical task.

Oh, i didn't mean in looking for books or information to help you in some stuff. I was more meaning when it comes to the typical roles between physical people who just do visual stuff or are more easy going, than the bookworm who reads books all day and if that handicaps the real world if one are too much into books.

Response to Is it hard to do work if you read 2014-07-29 06:16:57

I am good at both, but really, I enjoy physical work more than sendentary work, if I correctly understand your post.

While I can generally stay focused to finish my work, I hate sitting at the same place and concentrating on my work for long period of time. It is much more draining than spending hours outdoors doing labor.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Is it hard to do work if you read 2014-07-29 06:17:18

At 7/29/14 05:34 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: I'm better at mental stuff than physical stuff when it comes to 'capability' but if I'm doing a job I don't particularly want to do I would prefer to not have to think much while doing it.

I think I'm like that too, I don't really think about all of this stuff much

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Is it hard to do work if you read 2014-07-29 06:24:55

Its hard really hard

Response to Is it hard to do work if you read 2014-07-29 06:37:02

You can do both effectively, but one at a time...I'd be mighty impressed if someone were pinching a page down while they were actively working out or performing physical labor, though. Thats some superhuman multi-tasking.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Is it hard to do work if you read 2014-07-29 07:12:18

At 7/29/14 07:09 AM, Cabbster wrote:
At 7/29/14 05:57 AM, Reiska3 wrote:
Oh, i didn't mean in looking for books or information to help you in some stuff. I was more meaning when it comes to the typical roles between physical people who just do visual stuff or are more easy going, than the bookworm who reads books all day and if that handicaps the real world if one are too much into books.
I had to read that sentence over about 10 times just to slightly understand what you're going on about. Now I regret it, because I pretty much already gave my answer. Obviously leaning towards any kind of fiction can be an addiction like anything else but not to the point of delusion unless you're losing sleep over it. I think it really enhances your perception after any type of reading, if anything.

I'm not the expert in trying to explain, but thanks for the answer. I think the idea that using too much time theoritcally can be more time consuming than all the other stuff. But thanks :D