00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Breakfast-Crow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash is dead! Will it affect NG?

2,325 Views | 36 Replies

Response to Flash is dead! Will it affect NG? 2014-07-29 16:31:08

At 7/29/14 03:49 AM, Cabbster wrote:
Guess I'll have to do my part and make some seriously deranged/evil music to help this new *trend*. Hell, that's about as underground as I can fathom...so underground, that I'm making content for ideas not even fully established yet.

That's the spirit!

Response to Flash is dead! Will it affect NG? 2014-07-29 16:42:01

People can submit HTML5 and Unity games if they don't want to use Flash. It sounds like submitting Unity games will get easier in the near future.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Flash is dead! Will it affect NG? 2014-07-29 16:52:58

At 7/29/14 04:42 PM, WadeFulp wrote: People can submit HTML5 and Unity games if they don't want to use Flash. It sounds like submitting Unity games will get easier in the near future.

I have recently started targeting HTML5 myself, and I'm glad to see it is supported. I think Unity3D is a great engine also, and people are making some great stuff with it. The only problem I hear Unity3D developers are having is people don't wanna download the Unity plugin to play their games and often rate them 0 because of it.

Hopefully the players will realize they're missing out by not having the Unity plugin.

Response to Flash is dead! Will it affect NG? 2014-07-29 17:10:33

At 7/29/14 04:52 PM, bumblefish wrote: I have recently started targeting HTML5 myself, and I'm glad to see it is supported. I think Unity3D is a great engine also, and people are making some great stuff with it. The only problem I hear Unity3D developers are having is people don't wanna download the Unity plugin to play their games and often rate them 0 because of it.

Hopefully the players will realize they're missing out by not having the Unity plugin.

We don't let you vote or review Unity content if you don't have the plugin installed, unless the dev doesn't check the "Unity" box when they upload. Once we allow direct Unity upload vs the ZIP method, that will be less of an issue.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash is dead! Will it affect NG? 2014-07-29 17:13:08

Interesting note... We're actually doing our biggest sponsorship in well over a year and it's for a really cool Flash game. Expect it around the second week of August!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash is dead! Will it affect NG? 2014-07-29 17:13:36

At 7/28/14 06:26 PM, Bullion wrote:
Ten years ago NG was still one of the biggest sites on the net. and now it's barely anything.

it was ok.....

Response to Flash is dead! Will it affect NG? 2014-07-29 17:33:34

At 7/29/14 05:13 PM, TomFulp wrote: Interesting note... We're actually doing our biggest sponsorship in well over a year and it's for a really cool Flash game. Expect it around the second week of August!

Thanks for the information! I'm looking forward to checking it out!

As far as Unity goes, it sounds like a lot of people don't know exactly how the rating system works (myself included).