00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crakie20 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Decent Gaming Channels

1,084 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Decent Gaming Channels 2014-07-28 13:14:18

I feel like PlutoTV does a good job of making it seem like you're still watching TV - but it's internet content so no commercials. For some strange reason, I really like the concept of channels and shows, even if it is, ultimately, internet content. Basically just free curation, I suppose - and there's also an app so you can watch it on the go. I'm enjoying that there are like 5 channels of gaming content, (Minecraft, GTA all get their own channel. I'm watching FPS Arena on the FPS Gaming channel: http://pluto.tv/#!&channel=fpsgaming) plus you can't go wrong with the Guns & Explosions Channel and the Gadget Reviews.

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-07-28 13:18:12

Almost all of them are garbage. I only find time to watch tbfp friday night fisticuffs and amazing adventures of gootecks and mike

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-07-28 17:16:41

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-07-28 20:02:58

Richard Lowtax kyanka and some of the other guys that are known on Something awful.

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-07-30 07:07:41

At 7/30/14 02:50 AM, n00bman wrote: Do any of you guys remember this? I think no one liked that series except me... http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/347303
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/351456

I remember Awesome Video Games, that show was great. I also remember Little Buzzers. It's too bad that they don't make either of them anymore.

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-07-30 07:38:48

At 7/28/14 01:18 PM, TheMajormel wrote: Almost all of them are garbage. I only find time to watch tbfp friday night fisticuffs and amazing adventures of gootecks and mike

Why do y'all think there's so much crappy gaming content? I think it's the formula. Not so much interested in watching other people playing games endlessly...

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-07-30 07:47:29

At 7/28/14 01:14 PM, ViolentChick wrote: I feel like PlutoTV does a good job of making it seem like you're still watching TV - but it's internet content so no commercials. For some strange reason, I really like the concept of channels and shows, even if it is, ultimately, internet content. Basically just free curation, I suppose - and there's also an app so you can watch it on the go. I'm enjoying that there are like 5 channels of gaming content, (Minecraft, GTA all get their own channel. I'm watching FPS Arena on the FPS Gaming channel: http://pluto.tv/#!&channel=fpsgaming) plus you can't go wrong with the Guns & Explosions Channel and the Gadget Reviews.

The Polaris channel on this site is actually pretty decent, have you watched it? It's not all video games though - it's other kinds of gaming too.

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-07-30 09:39:17

On youtube i watch LGR

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-07-30 10:03:16

At 7/28/14 08:02 PM, argile wrote: Richard Lowtax kyanka and some of the other guys that are known on Something awful.

YES. I was gonna mention Rich and Shmorky, they're incredible

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-07-30 13:42:07

Eh I don't really want to toot my own horn here but people tend to enjoy the content on my channel. I always let them choose what games I play so I pretty much have a community driven channel where I play what the viewer wants to see.

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-07-31 08:05:25

At 7/30/14 01:42 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Eh I don't really want to toot my own horn here but people tend to enjoy the content on my channel. I always let them choose what games I play so I pretty much have a community driven channel where I play what the viewer wants to see.

Right on. How many people do you have voting on what you play? Like, is there a real chance of my vote counting?

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-07-31 08:07:50

At 7/30/14 07:47 AM, Diabolita23 wrote:
At 7/28/14 01:14 PM, ViolentChick wrote: I'm watching FPS Arena on the FPS Gaming channel: http://pluto.tv/#!&channel=fpsgaming) plus you can't go wrong with the Guns & Explosions Channel and the Gadget Reviews.
The Polaris channel on this site is actually pretty decent, have you watched it? It's not all video games though - it's other kinds of gaming too.

Yeah, it's not really my scene. ScrewAttack is where its at, that at the World of GTA are my favorites of the gaming channels.

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-07-31 09:16:33

At 7/31/14 08:05 AM, ViolentChick wrote:
At 7/30/14 01:42 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Eh I don't really want to toot my own horn here but people tend to enjoy the content on my channel. I always let them choose what games I play so I pretty much have a community driven channel where I play what the viewer wants to see.
Right on. How many people do you have voting on what you play? Like, is there a real chance of my vote counting?

My channel is still pretty small right now at around 400 subscribers so there is definitely a good chance for your vote to have a meaning. Even if you don't vote though you can always make a suggestion too and if the other viewers like it enough they'll definitely vote for that too. To make it fair though I only allow one suggestion per person.

The last poll I did saw a tie with both games getting 8 votes so the polls are very winnable. (There was 8 games suggested)

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-07-31 16:15:18

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-08-04 11:43:04

At 7/31/14 02:48 PM, Monster-64 wrote: I wonder why there's so much hate for gaming channels? It's free entertainment.

Anyways, back on topic, Killer Karrit has a decent griefing and prank calling channel, if that's your thing. :P

I think it's because there are a lot of really bad gaming channels out there. I like free entertainment, but not when it's annoying.

Thanks for that! That's always fun, yeah, prank calling is funny. I like free entertainment. I'm watching "MotoX GoPro" right now...

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-08-04 11:52:27

There are gaming channels like Penguinz0, TobyGames, Game Grumps, and MetalJesusRocks.

That's basically all i can think of.

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-08-04 11:59:38

At 7/30/14 10:03 AM, WrightOnTarget wrote:
At 7/28/14 08:02 PM, argile wrote: Richard Lowtax kyanka and some of the other guys that are known on Something awful.
YES. I was gonna mention Rich and Shmorky, they're incredible
At 7/30/14 12:06 PM, SCTE3 wrote: GamingGarbage

Pretty much this, I find the most enjoyment now from watching Retsupurae and individuals from Something Awful namely Diabetus, Slowbeef, Lowtax, PsychedelicEyeball, Ragny, Voiceofdog, Mr.DJB and then the occasional other people I check on like Smite and the others who tend to stream alongside the aforementioned lot. But with that said some of the people who join streams with others can be a bit irritating and sometimes I exit out due to them, but for the most part they tend to keep good enjoyable company.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-08-06 16:16:06

Anyone know a channel that does good reviews? Angry Joe sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-08-06 16:18:41

At 8/6/14 04:16 PM, Witch wrote: Anyone know a channel that does good reviews? Angry Joe sucks.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation
Yahtzee is by far my favourite reviewer. Funny, interesting, insightful and generally fun to listen to. He tends to find the flaws rather than praise games and even when I don't know the game myself or like the game I find his views to always be great. Would recommend watching them all and he does a new one each wednesday.

BBS Signature

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-08-06 17:23:57

At 8/6/14 04:18 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 8/6/14 04:16 PM, Witch wrote: Anyone know a channel that does good reviews? Angry Joe sucks.
Yahtzee is by far my favourite reviewer. Funny, interesting, insightful and generally fun to listen to. He tends to find the flaws rather than praise games and even when I don't know the game myself or like the game I find his views to always be great. Would recommend watching them all and he does a new one each wednesday.

Thanks, but I remember watching his review of The Witcher and he didn't like it whereas it's one of my favourite games, so I probably wouldn't find his reviews that useful. I'll check them out anyway though.

BBS Signature

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-08-06 18:01:45

Since this has long since strayed from OP's definition of "channel" in the 24/7 TV-style programming sense, here's the shit I like.

ChuckieDregs
The closest thing to the greatest video games show of all time, Consolevania (RIP), still going. Continues the TV show style format established in Consolevania and videoGaiden and it's just as effective now as it was back then. Being able to work in running gags and to control the pacing of the show elevates it above the single subject videos most people put out now.

MechaGamezilla
A contributor to ChuckieDregs. Many uploads are just his segments from that show, but has a lot of original content too.

Fitzthistlewits
As much a series of sketches about the Fitzthistlewits character as it is a video games show. Definitely not just MechaGamezilla doing a voice.

Gamewank
Primarily a podcast with increasingly frequent video content. Recently added Ryan MacLeod of ChuckieDregs and Consolevania to its lineup.

Matthewmatosis/
In depth video game analysis from someone who actually sounds like they know what they're talking about. Think Extra Credits if it weren't run by total fuckwits.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-08-06 21:08:47

At 8/6/14 05:23 PM, Witch wrote:
At 8/6/14 04:18 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
Thanks, but I remember watching his review of The Witcher and he didn't like it whereas it's one of my favourite games, so I probably wouldn't find his reviews that useful. I'll check them out anyway though.

They are more entertaining than useful, like with Diablo 3 I loved that game and at the same time I completely loved the review he made of it as all the points stood up and was both entertaining and funny. A problem many people have is that they take offense to people who don't share their views (like the review he made of all the hatemail he got after reviewing Super Smash Brothers Brawl) rather than taking the review for what it is, both for the entertainment as well as being able to pick on the negative aspects that tend to get overlooked or ignored by others, but still doing so in a fun way to those who may love the games.

BBS Signature

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-08-07 04:43:03

The only gaming channel I watch is Markiplier. Has he changed a little bit over the years? Sure, but he really cares about his fanbase and he tries to entertain the best he can. He'll release videos telling his fans to believe in themselves and to thank his fans for supporting him, so I respect the guy. He'll even express gratitude towards his fans in his gaming videos every now and then. He's definitely a gamer to at least check out.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Decent Gaming Channels 2014-08-07 12:32:11

At 8/6/14 09:08 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: They are more entertaining than useful, like with Diablo 3 I loved that game and at the same time I completely loved the review he made of it as all the points stood up and was both entertaining and funny.

I understand what you mean now, I watched a few of them and they are pretty hilarious.

BBS Signature