Be a Supporter!

The Clock Crew Situation

  • 165,105 Views
  • 1,677 Replies
Respond to this Topic
BAHArts
BAHArts
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-09 16:03:35 Reply

At 9/9/01 03:24 AM, StrawberryClock wrote: Ive gotten alot of attention by posting shitty movies, is that against the rules?

Against the rules???!!! Against the rules????!!!!! OK, if you haven't break the goddamn portal rules, none of this shit would of happened. Their won't be people bitching about you subbiting "Vote 5" shit and making "Anti Strawberry Clock" movies. Hell, if you haven't piss people off, Mr Congeniality won't call you the Biggest Asshole. And hopefully those retarded Fruit Clock won't have started fucking up the Portal. Let's see what rules you have broken:

-No submitting anything pornographic (i.e. "Pokemon Uncensored", "LOT'S OF NAKED GIRLS".) Yeah, everyone breaks this rule.

-No asking for 5s (i.e. "Brittney Spears Fucks sis", "Brittney Spears *********", "Want Porno!!!!")

-No stealing other peoples work (i.e. That Welches Juice Girl shit. I know it sucks, but I know you didn't do it.)

-No imping (i.e. You imped "Eskimo Bob" creator Toma.)

Goddamn Strawberry, you are pathetic.

The Clock Crew Situation

Xenok5
Xenok5
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-09 16:35:04 Reply

this clocks are messed up in the head.like my brother.
they steal movies.(i.e.grandmaster j's movie)and other things. like sniffing coke!

thegreatsajinman
thegreatsajinman
  • Member since: Mar. 10, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-09 16:52:27 Reply

At 9/8/01 11:46 AM, TomFulp wrote: Just some quick reminders:
Disorderly launched this week and you must play it!
Disorderly Merchandise is available and it is HOT! Buy today!
Newgrounds Messenger Bags are only available until the end of the month!

Every once in a while I get the urge to post funny emails on the front page, and I don't know why I never do. Yesterday I got a real zinger, so I thought everyone would get a kick out of it. Anyone who frequents The Portal is familiar with the "Clock Crew" - a bunch of names beginning with fruits and ending with "Clock". They submit movies that tick everyone off, and I get TONS and TONS of emails asking me to ban them. Well, yesterday I got an email from the Clock Crew themselves. Have a look!

Subject: "Clock" situation

Dear Mr. Tom Fulp,
I would first like to state that going to Newgrounds.com over the past few days has been a burden rather than the fun, entertaining place it is meant to be. This is due mainly to the fact that the
so-called "Clock Crew" has been dealt a gross injustice by fellow users of the web site. Not only have numerous users of Newgrounds.com offended us several times on the BBS and in movie reviews, but they have also taken the liberty of making and submitting degrading Flash movies using our likeness to convey hatred, anger, and downright bigotry toward us. The following is a list of movies that we feel break the Newgrounds.com rules and therefore should result in account deletion or, in extreme cases, a ban to the users listed.

Provided are links to the movies in question along with the title and user whom submitted it:

anti strawberry_clock - by user "raxar"
anti strawberry_clock II - by user "raxar"
Clock Subliminal Messages - by user "GrandmasterJ"
Life of Strawberry Clock - by user "GrandmasterJ"
Kill strawberry clock - by user "kl0ne"
StrawberryClock: TheTruth - by user "kl0ne"
Madman v Strawberry_Clock - by user "ZidaneX"
Strawberry_Clock Speech - by user "ZidaneX"
Biggest Asshole Winner - by user "Mr_Congeniality"
Die Strawberry clock!!! - by user "Thepoombas"
Strawberry - Orange Clock - by user "Sir_Pizzaman"
StrawberryClock Testimony - by user "waf"
Strawberry_Clock's Fucks - by user "FUCK_YOU_ZILLA"

Not only are the movies both offensive and extremely inappropriate for the content of Newgrounds.com, but the authors make numerous threats to the so-called "Clock Crew," including death threats, threats to our family and friends, and talk of violent or homosexual
acts directed toward us. This harassment is not limited to Flash movies, however, it can also be found in the reviews for the aforementioned movies, and on the BBS chat.

If that is not shocking enough, users tend to vote "X" or "0" without even watching our movies or giving them a score that they really deserve. Several users (Pants01, Mr_Congeniality, GrandmasterJ, ChronoBasher, MrLicky, Quirion_Dryad, and VdIbV, to name a few)
search for our movies and specifically vote "X" or "0" to get them deleted so we cannot be a part of the Newgrounds.com community. These users have not been provoked by us in any way, they simply do not like us because they think the movies we make are "stupid" and
have "no effort" put into them, despite the fact that these people create movies of poor quality themselves or do not create movies at all.

This aggravation has led to a disliking of our visits to Newgrounds.com when having to face the humility of being called a "faggot," among other disheartening words, reading users' posts describing various acts of violence which they would like to act upon us, and having our quality movies deleted for no good reason day after day.

We feel that these users should be dealt with immediately seeing as they are trying to get our accounts deleted and/or banned because they believe that we are somehow violating our Newgrounds.com agreement as well. With the exception of one movie made by StrawberryClock in retaliation for the 13 or so "anti-StrawberryClock" movies, we have not crossed any lines or broken any rules set by the good folks at Newgrounds.com. All we want is fair treatment and justice served for those whom segregate the Portal.

Thank You.

So, what does everyone think of this? :)

:cry me a river

:wow you get the emmy clock guy

Lordfat
Lordfat
  • Member since: May. 30, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-09 17:17:36 Reply

At 9/9/01 03:16 PM, darkstalker357 wrote: I've never seen someone who goes through so much trouble to piss people off and exalt himself.

I still don't know why all this controversion has spread on the clock issue, this type of thing has been happening on newground for as long as I can remember. Does anyone remember that guy "Adam Gigure"? He made plenty of pointless flash movies just like Strawberry and he was flamed across the BSS boards for weeks. He also started making multiple accounts to submit more shit movies with (Adam bomb, ect). Eventually, however, fewer people continued to pay attention to him and he finally went away (either that or his 30-trail period expired). Anyways, the point is that there will always be crap on the portal. Strawberry isn't going to stop if you harrass him, and if he doesn't make more bad flash movies someone else will. If it really bothers you that much then simply stay away from the left side of the portal and you'll be fine.

BAHArts
BAHArts
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-09 18:15:53 Reply

At 9/9/01 05:17 PM, Lordfat wrote: I still don't know why all this controversion has spread on the clock issue, this type of thing has been happening on newground for as long as I can remember. Does anyone remember that guy "Adam Gigure"? He made plenty of pointless flash movies just like Strawberry and he was flamed across the BSS boards for weeks. He also started making multiple accounts to submit more shit movies with (Adam bomb, ect). Eventually, however, fewer people continued to pay attention to him and he finally went away (either that or his 30-trail period expired). Anyways, the point is that there will always be crap on the portal. Strawberry isn't going to stop if you harrass him, and if he doesn't make more bad flash movies someone else will. If it really bothers you that much then simply stay away from the left side of the portal and you'll be fine.

The NG BBSer know Adembomb. True, he made not so good movies. But at least he doesn't ask for 5s and make Crash movies. And to tell you the truth, he is not StrawberryClock.

Nonny
Nonny
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-09 18:32:09 Reply

Sounds like a problem. I, personally, have never seen any of the clock movies. (Probably because they get such low reviews)My advice is to treat every one equally. If what the clock crew says is true, than action against the other individuals needs to be taken. If that's not the case and/or the clock crew movies really do suck, the those movies need to be removed. Another solution is for the clock crew to change their user names. Temporarily or inmdefinatly. They could post movies under new names and see if people still say they suck.

Ptarmigan
Ptarmigan
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-09 18:48:30 Reply

At 9/9/01 05:17 PM, Lordfat wrote: I still don't know why all this controversion has spread on the clock issue, this type of thing has been happening on newground for as long as I can remember. Does anyone remember that guy "Adam Gigure"? He made plenty of pointless flash movies just like Strawberry and he was flamed across the BSS boards for weeks. He also started making multiple accounts to submit more shit movies with (Adam bomb, ect). Eventually, however, fewer people continued to pay attention to him and he finally went away (either that or his 30-trail period expired). Anyways, the point is that there will always be crap on the portal. Strawberry isn't going to stop if you harrass him, and if he doesn't make more bad flash movies someone else will. If it really bothers you that much then simply stay away from the left side of the portal and you'll be fine.

Adambomb is not an asshole on the NG BBS. He never begs for 5's or break any Portal Rules, like what StrawberryClock has done. Adambomb does not harass people. StrawberryClock also wrote nasty message on my guestbook.

pyro0889
pyro0889
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-09 18:49:19 Reply

i think all you bastards should leave the crock crew alone they have a freedom to do what they want in there flash work clock work crew keep doin what you want

Conorking
Conorking
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-09 19:29:34 Reply

I think that you should keep them up. I like to see wars but don't keep them up if they threaten to shut the site down. Mess around with their videos for a joke.
My site is
http://www.angelfire.com/il3/conorscrib
-Conor

The Clock Crew Situation

Conorking
Conorking
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-09 19:31:04 Reply

Just ban them.

My site is
http://www.angelfire.com/il3/conorscrib
-Conor

The Clock Crew Situation

Low-Budget-Superhero
Low-Budget-Superhero
  • Member since: Dec. 3, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-09 20:08:35 Reply

Most of their movies have no effort. I can think of one example... a perfect example...

Strawberry Clock made a little "film" called simply "B". It made the turd of the week as I recall...

Here is a link: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/frames.php?id=28240

It's just the letter B against a white backround. Size? 0k... it's not even a single "k"!!!

The Clock Crew pretty much just spams the portal, and adds on to the NG bandwith bill.

These are just the facts...

The Clock Crew Situation

CO4413
CO4413
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-09 20:22:10 Reply

At 9/9/01 08:08 PM, GameboyCC wrote: It's just the letter B against a white backround. Size? 0k... it's not even a single "k"!!!

The Clock Crew pretty much just spams the portal, and adds on to the NG bandwith bill.

Heh, if its less than one K then it doesnt add much to the bandwith bill...
Anyways... I say IP ban the Clocks!

Citron-Rochell
Citron-Rochell
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-09 20:42:58 Reply

The Clock Crew pretty much just spams the portal, and adds on to the NG bandwith bill.

Yeah, but we're doing that too...

Frankly, if I could find the brick, I'd pay to have him killed just so I could go back to watching movies. :)

Adambomb
Adambomb
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-09 21:46:13 Reply

At 9/9/01 05:17 PM, Lordfat wrote:
At 9/9/01 03:16 PM, darkstalker357 wrote: I've never seen someone who goes through so much trouble to piss people off and exalt himself.
I still don't know why all this controversion has spread on the clock issue, this type of thing has been happening on newground for as long as I can remember. Does anyone remember that guy "Adam Gigure"? He made plenty of pointless flash movies just like Strawberry and he was flamed across the BSS boards for weeks. He also started making multiple accounts to submit more shit movies with (Adam bomb, ect). Eventually, however, fewer people continued to pay attention to him and he finally went away (either that or his 30-trail period expired). Anyways, the point is that there will always be crap on the portal. Strawberry isn't going to stop if you harrass him, and if he doesn't make more bad flash movies someone else will. If it really bothers you that much then simply stay away from the left side of the portal and you'll be fine.

FUCK YOU. I only have 1 account that was coolboyman that made those other accounts back when he was an asshole. I'm not Strawberry_clock so fuck you. And what are you talking about i went away. Where the fuck have you been dumbass. OK i'm done

1DiL
1DiL
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 01:06:30 Reply

I wonder if strawberry clock has heard about freedom of speech before...

super0sonic
super0sonic
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 02:10:19 Reply

The scary thing is what if they are trying to take over the world. Or there just a bunch a fags. Um I will go with number 2 their fags

loudog888
loudog888
  • Member since: Apr. 27, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 02:38:26 Reply

At 9/8/01 11:46 AM, TomFulp wrote:
So, what does everyone think of this? :)

Obviously, this whole "Clock Crew" thing (whom we all know is one person) is someone either having us all on with a little joke, or is vastly mentally ill enough to take himself that seriously. One reason that I think that maybe Clock really is unstable is that he was actually foolish enough to post a picture of himself a the end of his board post, and that he has his actual e-mail address in his profile (BTW, if you want to fuck with him a little bit, his e-mail is strawberry_clock@yahoo.com ). People will have all sorts of fun using his picture in various Flash masterpieces.
But anyway, he doesn't seem to understand the principle that if he make shitty movies, people will roast him. If he exacerbates the problem by making movies that insult the founders of the site to which he submits, then it is he, not those who roast him, who deserves to be banned. His movies are complete ringworm-infested shit. This fact alone does not merit a banning, but going bitching and moaning to Tom about people that have basically done nothing more than wound his (baseless) pride, that might be grounds for banning. I personally think that he should be given one
last chance. Tom or Wade should send him an ultimatum, that is, he will be allowed to stay for the time being, but if he makes any more waves on the site, he will be banned. If he further harrasses or slanders any member using a Flash submission or otherwise, not only should his account be suspended but his DNS address should be blocked permanently. Part of being an adult is to learn to take criticism and in some cases outright slander. One cannot make someone like one's work, especially if it has no artistic merit.
I do not think that those who posted movies about him should be banned. There are certain pieces of legislature in most states concerning privacy laws that state that if you become famous or are in the public eye, you pretty much forfeit your right to privacy, so long as those who would threaten your privacy are not otherwise breaking the law. In the microcosm of Newgrounds, Clock has come into the public eye by creating a stir, and by producing markedly bad movies. In the same way that Britney Spears can do nothing about Evil Dave's Dirty Sanchez movie about her, which is by all accounts an assault on her character, Clock cannot do anything about the movies which he feels are an assault on his. It simply comes with the territory.
In closing, I would like to address those who would childishly call him a fag or make movies suggesting that he gets regularly assfucked by his father. Do not do this. It simply brings you down to wallow in the mire with him. You do not know anything about him, and to comment on his sexuality only exposes your inability to create an original thought. But that doesn't mean you should not give him a hard time. He certainly deserves it.

Ryu-Kage
Ryu-Kage
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 03:13:18 Reply

At 9/10/01 02:38 AM, loudog888 wrote:
At 9/8/01 11:46 AM, TomFulp wrote:
So, what does everyone think of this? :)
Obviously, this whole "Clock Crew" thing (whom we all know is one person) is someone either having us all on with a little joke, or is vastly mentally ill enough to take himself that seriously. One reason that I think that maybe Clock really is unstable is that he was actually foolish enough to post a picture of himself a the end of his board post, and that he has his actual e-mail address in his profile (BTW, if you want to fuck with him a little bit, his e-mail is strawberry_clock@yahoo.com ). People will have all sorts of fun using his picture in various Flash masterpieces.
But anyway, he doesn't seem to understand the principle that if he make shitty movies, people will roast him. If he exacerbates the problem by making movies that insult the founders of the site to which he submits, then it is he, not those who roast him, who deserves to be banned. His movies are complete ringworm-infested shit. This fact alone does not merit a banning, but going bitching and moaning to Tom about people that have basically done nothing more than wound his (baseless) pride, that might be grounds for banning. I personally think that he should be given one
last chance. Tom or Wade should send him an ultimatum, that is, he will be allowed to stay for the time being, but if he makes any more waves on the site, he will be banned. If he further harrasses or slanders any member using a Flash submission or otherwise, not only should his account be suspended but his DNS address should be blocked permanently. Part of being an adult is to learn to take criticism and in some cases outright slander. One cannot make someone like one's work, especially if it has no artistic merit.
I do not think that those who posted movies about him should be banned. There are certain pieces of legislature in most states concerning privacy laws that state that if you become famous or are in the public eye, you pretty much forfeit your right to privacy, so long as those who would threaten your privacy are not otherwise breaking the law. In the microcosm of Newgrounds, Clock has come into the public eye by creating a stir, and by producing markedly bad movies. In the same way that Britney Spears can do nothing about Evil Dave's Dirty Sanchez movie about her, which is by all accounts an assault on her character, Clock cannot do anything about the movies which he feels are an assault on his. It simply comes with the territory.
In closing, I would like to address those who would childishly call him a fag or make movies suggesting that he gets regularly assfucked by his father. Do not do this. It simply brings you down to wallow in the mire with him. You do not know anything about him, and to comment on his sexuality only exposes your inability to create an original thought. But that doesn't mean you should not give him a hard time. He certainly deserves it.

I Agree.

Citron-Rochell
Citron-Rochell
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 04:01:54 Reply

>Part of being an adult is to learn to take criticism >and in some cases outright slander. One cannot make >someone like one's work, especially if it has no >artistic merit.

And lord knows we've been lambasting his candy ass ever since this incident started.

DeadBunny
DeadBunny
  • Member since: Feb. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 06:08:06 Reply

we here at www.whatever0inc.com think their all fags and they should have small cave dwelling nema toads enter their anal cavity and do bad thing's and stuff...
ah fuck it
i dont know what im talking about
just keep pissing them off because its very entertaining

chakaflange
chakaflange
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 07:44:20 Reply

i say fuck the clock crew up the goat ass. if they didnt make so much tripe like 'B' people might stop picking on them. theyre like those arseholes at school who told the teacher when someone bullied them.

The Clock Crew Situation

Pontifex
Pontifex
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 08:56:13 Reply


So, what does everyone think of this? :)

The "Clock Crew" deserve no less than threats for polluting NG with their crappy excuses for Flash, often stolen from others.

The-Enforcer
The-Enforcer
  • Member since: May. 9, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 12:59:40 Reply

Down with clock crew!

The Clock Crew Situation

cool-286
cool-286
  • Member since: Jul. 10, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 13:35:51 Reply

I really like newgrounds

evil-stick-man
evil-stick-man
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 14:55:27 Reply

PASS OUT OF EXISTENCE the new cd comeing comeing out from CHIMAIRA 10/2/01
http://www.chimaira.com/ and http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/Chimaira/ also
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/ for more INFO on this kick ass band form Road Runner Records

im sorry if its off the topic but im in a street team and i need to posts it once again im sorry

greenspork
greenspork
  • Member since: Sep. 20, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 15:23:13 Reply

i am the ruller of the univers

Rongi
Rongi
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 15:29:55 Reply

I am SO happy right now. Thoose shit heads are gone! Whoopie! :)

martino103
martino103
  • Member since: Nov. 24, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 16:07:15 Reply

I think that all of their movies suck and they should be banned

Steve84
Steve84
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Gamer
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 16:27:26 Reply

ban them from the site tom

raygun5
raygun5
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2001-09-10 16:40:23 Reply

after reading there letters i apoligize for any things i said but i did give them one good review and all im asking is that the clock crew stop making gay movies