Respond to this Topic
DarkMidknight
DarkMidknight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-07-30 01:53:16 Reply

At 7/25/05 10:03 PM, J_O_Mamma wrote: I got an idea... give everyone a ten day warning and then ban anyone with "clock" in their name.

Nah. Even though the Clock Crew showcases the worst in teenie bopper Flash, they do have a right to exist. Granted, it is pathetic.

However, they should not be able to cheat in the Portal. One possible solution would be for Newgrounds to change the policy - and give us the ability to blow the whistle on poor flash being mass-voted past judgement.

SmashingAvocados
SmashingAvocados
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-01 20:23:22 Reply

This is really, truly ridiculous. I'm not a clock or any of that shit but you people haven't even bothered looking at anything but Strawberry_Clock's work. Granted, it is shit, and i STILL haven't figured out why he's their King Of The Portal, but aside from the clock posers who pump Strawberry_Clockesque shit out, they can make really good movies just like the rest of the community!

sosjulian
sosjulian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-02 03:12:19 Reply

no1 likes clocks except clocks themselves... just make a special ip thing were only clock members can see their movies!

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-02 08:21:28 Reply

At 8/1/05 08:23 PM, SmashingAvocados wrote: This is really, truly ridiculous.

Yes. The number of people that don't realise how old the topic is and then make posts that show themselves up as cretins is shocking.

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
DarkMidknight
DarkMidknight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-04 00:38:06 Reply

At 8/2/05 08:21 AM, jonthomson wrote: Yes. The number of people that don't realise how old the topic is and then make posts that show themselves up as cretins is shocking.

The fact that the problem has persisted this long is truely sad. Its almost hard to believe that the Fulps would allow the integrity of their website to tanished by groups such as the Clock Crew.

Jet-Hanzo
Jet-Hanzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-04 12:53:59 Reply

At 7/29/05 05:58 AM, PirateClock wrote:
At 7/21/05 10:35 AM, papa_noon wrote: amen man! they suck ass!!
i never sucked an ass in my life thank you very much. and what about 21 clockstreet?? haven't seen you make 2 movies that were on frontpage yet.

I have to agree, and I really recomend watching -Let it B- or Clock Crew Rhapsody.
If people vote zero for those then they just hate clocks no matter what.

DarkMidknight
DarkMidknight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-04 19:29:53 Reply

At 8/4/05 12:53 PM, AudioClock wrote: I have to agree, and I really recomend watching -Let it B- or Clock Crew Rhapsody.
If people vote zero for those then they just hate clocks no matter what.

The point is not the fact their are a few decent Clock movies.

Often Clock Crew members post links to them in an attempt to disprove the reputation that their group has earned. I was not surprised to see "21 Clock Street", but was rather surprised that "The Void" was not pasted.

The real issue here is the Clock Crew's modus operandi to get movies past Judgment and the overall quality of the work. By far, the overwhelming majority of Clockies are amateurish in both quality and maturity.

Jet-Hanzo
Jet-Hanzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-04 22:52:30 Reply

At 8/4/05 07:29 PM, DarkMidknight wrote: The point is not the fact their are a few decent Clock movies.

Often Clock Crew members post links to them in an attempt to disprove the reputation that their group has earned. I was not surprised to see "21 Clock Street", but was rather surprised that "The Void" was not pasted.

The real issue here is the Clock Crew's modus operandi to get movies past Judgment and the overall quality of the work. By far, the overwhelming majority of Clockies are amateurish in both quality and maturity.

They are the new ones...I have to admit I'm new too and I made my flash for clock day already and I really don't think it's gonna pass with all these clock haters ready...especially since they wanna be prepared for clockday.
The void 3 is coming out clockday btw.
My flash sneak peak

DarkMidknight
DarkMidknight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-05 04:34:53 Reply

At 8/4/05 10:52 PM, AudioClock wrote: They are the new ones...I have to admit I'm new too and I made my flash for clock day already and I really don't think it's gonna pass with all these clock haters ready...especially since they wanna be prepared for clockday.

I feel that developers, who become disgusted the Clock Crew's actions, either just leave Newgrounds or never submit their work and generally become apathetic. As a result, Newgrounds loses a large number of possible artists. But, all in all, they are gone and will not vote.

If you submit your flash, it will most likely pass. It really doesn't matter what you submit. It doesn't matter how much time you spend on it.

The Clock Crew will be mass voting everything on "Clock Day" in higher percentages than usual. The anti-side, really doesn't have the manpower to compete. Also, the anti-side just doesn't have the time - clocks are generally kids or teenagers; summer vacation gives them oodles of free time.

So, don't worry. ... and don't spend too much time working on the flash. Its rather irrellevent. Just look at the War Pigs series!

My flash sneak peak

Which clocks are those?

silly-rabies
silly-rabies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-06 16:00:01 Reply

At 7/16/05 02:38 AM, MrArtist wrote: http://www.image-bou..loads/2240b274d9.swf

OH GOD!!! kill me now! it was fuckin horrible. how do you sleep at night knowing that you suck! now go fucking kill yourslef for making such crap!

Jet-Hanzo
Jet-Hanzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-07 15:18:43 Reply

At 8/6/05 04:00 PM, --i-suck-- wrote:
At 7/16/05 02:38 AM, MrArtist wrote: http://www.image-bou..loads/2240b274d9.swf

OH GOD!!! kill me now! it was fuckin horrible. how do you sleep at night knowing that you suck! now go fucking kill yourslef for making such crap!

I have to admit it's really bad but...your a real dumbass for saying "Now go fucking kill yourself for making such crap!".
It is crap but your being a fricking jerk.

halo-dudette
halo-dudette
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-07 22:37:28 Reply

I think that the ClockCrew could of had potential to be a good flash team, but their first mistake was teaming up with Strawberry Clock. 'Nuff said.

Corporal-Lock
Corporal-Lock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-08 00:34:34 Reply

i cant beleive you clock haters...I am an active member of the clock crew (injector_clock) and love them with all my heart. Sure, SBC dose crap animations on purpose, but its his sence of humour you cannot see. THEY ARE MEANT TO BE CRAP! i accept that you can vote zero on these, but look at such classics as 21 clock street and the void. They are top quality animations but you clock haters vote zero no matter what. While the clock haters hate the CC, the CC dosen't hate anything. In fact, the decline series is one of my favourite things on NG, among 21 clock street, B, the void etc. etc. and the clock crew will never be banned. Tom Fulp is behind us all the way. Also, most of the clock haters are 13 year old retards who couldn't do flash for shit. If you hate crap animations, stay away from SBC and look at authors such as strange clock, blue clock, squeezy and koala clock.

sultan-of-sabs
sultan-of-sabs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-08 19:21:06 Reply

I do think the way some newgrounds users treat the members of the clock crew by use of threat and humiliation is a bit harsh and should be treated fairly, but the clock crew should put more meaning in their flash movies if they dont want threats and hate mail out of the @$$. And i think for those who cant tolerate the clock crews movies, should stop making hateful movies about them and stop sending hate mail and threats to them.

The Clock Crew Situation

Corporal-Lock
Corporal-Lock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-13 00:55:46 Reply

also, ther's the matter of anti-clock movies...no matter how crap they are, they get into the portal...

CraisinClock
CraisinClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-13 09:46:41 Reply

The fact that this letter was taken seriously is humorous.

loser911
loser911
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-13 16:03:02 Reply

OK, I've read all of the responses to the letter and I have to say this:

Tom Fulp, I respect your decision to keep the Clock Crew on the Newgrounds site. But, please, Strawberry Clock is a bring down to Newgrounds. He submits entries that have absoultely no meaning to anything. He is a lonely child who needs attention. Now, I have personally nothing against Strawberry or the Clock Crew. But, really, if they could put some effort into their flash and not base the majority of them upon things that are opinions. I hope one day the Clock vs. NG users conflict will subside and the Clock fad will finally be put down. Until then, please put extra effort into those little projects.

P.S. Strawberry_Clock was never King of the Portal...That's Tom's gig.

DarkMidknight
DarkMidknight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-13 18:44:39 Reply

At 8/13/05 04:03 PM, loser911 wrote: He is a lonely child who needs attention. Now, I have personally nothing against Strawberry or the Clock Crew. But, really, if they could put some effort into their flash and not base the majority of them upon things that are opinions.

The Clock Crew members know that they are angering members of the Newgrounds community - and they enjoy doing it. From a psychological standpoint, they are relieving their own stresses and feelings of inadequacy by feeling "superior" to others. In this case, being able to "one up" others on Newgrounds.

They realize that they cheat in the Portal and create content either excessively poor or in bad taste. The fact that they can get away with it and, at the same time, anger people, does provide some pleasure.

The sad fact is, that the overwhelming majority of the Clock Crew (and especially the JJ) are teens or younger.They are teased, ignored, laughed at, and are basically not able to fit in with normal kids their age. This is not a feature found in "nerds" per se; members of all the different (and temporary) social groups found in High School (and below) have members with these socialogical problems.

All it all, the behavior of the CC, GG, JJ, etc... is obvious and rather sad. We must realize that the Ockies are groups consisting primarily of angry and marginalized kids. Rational discussion with them is a foolish endeavor.

olbaid1
olbaid1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-15 20:31:18 Reply

Hah, this is funny. I read the first page and all it is is a bunch of people calling the Clocks "idiots" and "worthless" when, in their taking of these stupid movies seriously, they are just as big of losers as the Clocks are. (Especially when they call them "faggots" or "gay", wich allows their idiocy to shine through just a bit more.) And then on the second page I see some of the clocks coming in and defending themselves. And I can feel sympathy for them, all though I'm definately not behind them all the way, because they get bashed alot even though some of their material can be quality. But of course, I'm not defending the authors that make the annoying flashes that spawn pop-ups or say "VotE FIFE FoR PR0N!!" But if you think about it, really, the author of this E-Mail to Tom is most likely laughing at the sheer stupidness of some of his Newgrounds peers. And so I conclude with my overall point to the rest of the community of Newgrounds.com, on both sides of the Clock Crew fence, with two simple words. Grow up. <--This coming from a 14 year old. I hope that anyone who reads this message will respond with an intelligent, unbiased oppinion. (Oh yeah, and the reason Tom doesn't ban these movies is most likely because it's intruiging to him. Like the fighting between the Clocks and bashers, as well as the conflicts within the Clock Crew's core. It's just interesting to watch and see how it all turns out.)

lewis65
lewis65
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-16 09:57:20 Reply

Who the hell cares? I don't post very much at all. And I'm kind of new. But it doesn't take anyone special to see that you are all being retards.

It doesn't bother me if someone makes some crappy movies and they get through. No one is forcing me to watch them. I watched a few out of choice, and voted on what was in the flash, not who it was by.

But it does bother me when people are closed-minded idiots. Why is it such a pain to see that a group of people have worked together or individually on something to submit to the portal? The plain fact is, there is flash way crappier and much more retarded submitted every day, and the pitiful thing is that the authors think it's GOOD.

Anyone making threats to the clock crew is way below them, no matter what they'd like to think. The fact that it bothers anyone at all earns you an inbred mark in my book.

I don't care what the clock crew do. It's up to them. If they want to make a flash out of a letter, good for them. I won't be watching it.

SatanClock
SatanClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-16 11:52:05 Reply

At 8/13/05 06:44 PM, DarkMidknight wrote:

:: The Clock Crew members know that they are angering members of the Newgrounds community - and they enjoy doing it. From a psychological standpoint, they are relieving their own stresses and feelings of inadequacy by feeling "superior" to others. In this case, being able to "one up" others on Newgrounds.

They realize that they cheat in the Portal and create content either excessively poor or in bad taste. The fact that they can get away with it and, at the same time, anger people, does provide some pleasure.

The sad fact is, that the overwhelming majority of the Clock Crew (and especially the JJ) are teens or younger.They are teased, ignored, laughed at, and are basically not able to fit in with normal kids their age. This is not a feature found in "nerds" per se; members of all the different (and temporary) social groups found in High School (and below) have members with these socialogical problems.

All it all, the behavior of the CC, GG, JJ, etc... is obvious and rather sad. We must realize that the Ockies are groups consisting primarily of angry and marginalized kids. Rational discussion with them is a foolish endeavor.

Its funny how you are trying to psychoanalyze the mind of someone who makes flash art based on fruits with clock panels on them. They have Clock day, you lose. Does newgrounds have Darkmidknight day? I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!111111111111SHIFT+1...

It is almost the same sense of Piconjo's Movies, except the clock crew came forth from a bunch of shitty flashes, and now we have some exceptionally good flash-works from the crew members. I even have some great ideas for the crew, but of course one must earn their respect before doing such works featuring the clocks...

Enjoy yourself

GreenKirton
GreenKirton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-17 19:34:02 Reply

wats your problem with the clocks i love the clocks but the thing is you dont HAVE to watch there flash's so why do u care if you dont like them dont watch them

i think i made my point

Andersson
Andersson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-18 19:33:14 Reply

At 9/8/01 11:46 AM, TomFulp wrote: So, what does everyone think of this? :)

Those who make submissions or posts that threat artists (Whether they are in the Clock Crew or not) should have the same treatment as any other artists who violated that rule should.

If the violation is too large, then account deletion should be a proper action.

itsreallyme
itsreallyme
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-20 21:52:00 Reply

long live the clock crew!!!! B is a good movie. It is artistic. It shows how much someone can be cared about by being a retard. Good flashes wouldn't seem that good if we didn't have the crap of the clockcrew to compare them too. That is what makes clock crew flashes so good and so important.

Unakau
Unakau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-21 22:12:41 Reply

All of you fuckers should be ashamed. The Crew puts a lot of hard work into a lot of their movies, and some even step up and make fun of themselves. Sure, Tom Fulp is the King of The Portal, but they have their own world, and Newgrounds is their home. Tom Fulp loves their movies, and even gave them their own day for the front page. He even took off the new huge Dad 'N' Me success off FOR THEM. And he made that. You guys must all be saying "Heil Ki10, HEIL!" BANANALOCK, SURPRISINGLY NOT LOCK CARROTCLOCK, they suck. I love the clock crew, it also adds to the Universe of Newgrounds. Hell, if I get flash, I want initiation to the CC. You guys are so uncaring of their hard work to be accepted.

Bubulle
Bubulle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-24 19:15:09 Reply

Why can you people treat the clock crew just as the same as any other authors. Geez, they're as GOOD and BAD as anybody else. They make bad movies and the make good movies like everybody else. Besides how can you make good movies if you don't start by doing bad movies just to at least know what not to do. Besides I don't believe a lot of clock haters vote low on clock movies to make newgrounds better. It gets things even worse. What makes newgrounds cool is the diversity of styles. You can't come in and say "OH we should ban this style or this style cause we don't like it and we feel we have some kind of power by doing so".

Blamming a movie someone putted effort in it is NOT COOL, IT SUCKS. You blam a movie cause the author didn't make enough effort. If you see that the movie is decent but you don't like it, don't blam, vote 2.

Bubulle
Bubulle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-24 19:20:19 Reply

And so are clock haters and a lot of other people on newgrounds.

IMy point is the clock crew is as good and bad as everybody else. Besides stop complainin about the clock crew, I've seen a lot worse on newgrounds.

sand-dragon
sand-dragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-26 01:44:09 Reply

wow well that is one thing that i didnt expect to see..nine the less i am on the clock crews side its not there fault that there being subdued to this kids of harassment i mean there good people i bet also.

dorf1
dorf1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-26 10:14:58 Reply

At 9/8/01 01:41 PM, Cowboy_From_Hell wrote: Bust out the chicken fat filled socks!!

hah fat filled sox

WUClock
WUClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Clock Crew Situation 2005-08-28 15:29:02 Reply

Most of the Clock Crew are good animators.

You should not judge an entire group based on a few bad flashes. Sure, there are some retarded clocks that bring down the Clock Crew's name by making porn and crappy flashes, but many of the CC members are good-hearted.