00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why are famous people allowed to ..

965 Views | 22 Replies

Smoke weed and we're not allowed to?

BBS Signature

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-24 17:57:46

They arnt... But they have money.
And with more plasticity means more money

BBS Signature

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-24 17:59:24

Because they're famous. Famous people get away with doing stupid stuff all the time, like drug abuse, traffic violations, murder.

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-24 18:00:19

Everyone should be a celebrity!

BBS Signature

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-24 18:10:50

At 7/24/14 06:01 PM, fieldertiger wrote:
At 7/24/14 05:57 PM, tox wrote: They arnt... But they have money.
And with more plasticity means more money
How does that even make them vulnerable of having them smoke weed? Everyone who is obviously are CEOs or multi-billionaires can be rich as much as celebrities.

Yeah but do ceo's want to be seen as idiots when their companies hang in the difference... While celebs entire company is themselves...

Little difference but with a single identity a buisness will thrive... A devided buisness will fail

BBS Signature

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-24 19:41:16

Because the double standards in society suck huge amounts of everything possible.

It's because there are different standards in society and different laws and rules. Oh sure there are the official laws of the land and all but that's not really what the upper sleaze abide by.

The entire government and society is basically one huge network of old-boy cronyism systems. At the normal levels people have to obey the law. At the higher levels people break the law all the time and receive no penalty or light penalty. Even if they do go to jail they're catered to much nicer than others and typically receive more lenient sentences. It's because the entire framework is corrupt and the people are corrupt too.

There's also the government as we see it and as it presents itself, and the government as it really is, and they're two very very different things.

If you're high enough up in these old buddy networks you can effectively murder anyone, take any drugs, rape anyone, whatever ... and you could be a most horrible person and they'll do everything to hide it or give you the lightest sentence possible unless there's immense pressure to do otherwise -- like if it'd be a politically bad idea *not* to punish this person.

Some call it Illuminati. But really whatever you want to call it it doesn't take much to see there are entrenched "buddy" systems at play. It's even possible there are several competing "buddy" networks. It's just good old fashioned government corruption really.

It's the same way the Catholic church tries to hide the molesting priests and move them around and denies everything unless and until it becomes impossible to deny.

That's a buddy network, governments have buddy networks, and rich folks have buddy networks, and there's much crossover.

And I'm 100% sure Mark Zuckerberg has data about all of these networks as well and is a part of them.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-24 20:13:02

At 7/24/14 07:24 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 7/24/14 05:59 PM, 1916 wrote: Because they're famous. Famous people get away with doing stupid stuff all the time, like drug abuse, traffic violations, murder.
I don't think it's because of fame. I think it's because they have money which equals power which equals buying judges and people off.

They're both important aspects, I was only mentioning fame for the aesthetic harmony.

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-24 20:22:38

You don't necessarily have to famous to get away with smoking weed, you just can't be a fucking idiot when you do so. Also, if you're a celebrity, you tend to get away with a lot more things than most others. That's a double standard that most people just accept unless you're a classist or a religious fundamentalist who needs a scapegoat for society's ills.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-25 01:07:18

Because if they'd get arrested, all the celebrity bullshit would go bankrupt.

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-25 01:43:13

Screw drugs, I want to murder people and get off with a $175 fine too.

Why are famous people allowed to ..

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-25 01:48:32

because you're just a slave like the rest of us working the corporate machine.

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-25 01:51:05

They hardly stand around blowing pot smoke in cops' faces; it's not a crime to state that you've done drugs in the past. If Seth Rogen went on a talk show tomorrow and told the host he was currently blazed out of his mind, then that'd be a problem, but if he told a story about a time he was high, it'd be fine.

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-25 07:25:19

Becouse........MONEY!

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-25 11:41:21

I prefer to sniff then smoke.

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-25 12:30:27

At 7/24/14 05:57 PM, fieldertiger wrote: They do that because they are under the law and they bow down to their weed king, Snoop Dogg. Hey, don't beat the living shit out of me just because Snoop Dogg lets celebrities smoke weed with him. He's the one who made marijuana popular with celebrities.

Smoking weed was popular among celebs way before 1992 so no.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-25 14:24:54

DOYOU want to be the guy that locks up Justin Beiber and has to deal with those whiny ass Belibers? Shoot, if I were a cop I'd rather just toke up with him there and risk getting fired. Ain't nobody got time for death threats.

I loves teh intranet

Checks my Youtubes! Current Let's play- Earthbound

BBS Signature

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-25 16:54:16

Been smoking weed since 1965 or so, nobody is ever stopped me. Do we live on the same planet, OP?

BBS Signature

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-25 17:20:31

At 7/24/14 05:49 PM, Avery wrote: Smoke weed and we're not allowed to?

They feel the more money they have the more powerful they are.
Which thanks to modern politics that is the reality/

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-25 19:05:04

They buy off the police.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-25 20:07:55

At 7/24/14 05:49 PM, Avery wrote: Smoke weed and we're not allowed to?

Because you're neither rich, profitable, nor living in a state where it's legal.

Just wait a few years, you'll get all the weed you want, and by then you won't even want it anymore.

All kids want toys they never wanted before when they either can't have them or see other kids having fun with them...

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-25 20:59:55

At 7/25/14 11:41 AM, wolfe wrote: I prefer to sniff then smoke.

I perfer to pop then sniff and smoke.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-25 23:08:39

Because cops don't want to deal with shitty fans that will defend (celebrity) to the ends of the earth, they have lots of bail money at hand and weed isn't that dangerous to begin with.

Response to Why are famous people allowed to .. 2014-07-26 15:29:16

If I smoke weed do I become a celebrity?