00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2

2,620 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Due to how cool Snake was in the codec on the Tanker setting. THIS IS SNAKE!

Man, thats so cool. Just such a shame that he had to go so soon, i mean this was the only good graphical snake before they went "screw it lets make him old and end it" :/. What do you think?

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-23 12:48:16

At 7/23/14 11:28 AM, Reiska3 wrote: this was the only good graphical snake before they went "screw it lets make him old and end it" :/. What do you think?

Did you forgot MGS3 then? Where Snake looks better than he did in 2, or Twin Snakes where he looked better than he did in 2?

Also you seem to be ignoring the fact people had a problem with Raiden in the western world in general and not the game itself.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-23 12:59:00

At 7/23/14 12:48 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 7/23/14 11:28 AM, Reiska3 wrote: this was the only good graphical snake before they went "screw it lets make him old and end it" :/. What do you think?
Did you forgot MGS3 then? Where Snake looks better than he did in 2, or Twin Snakes where he looked better than he did in 2?

Also you seem to be ignoring the fact people had a problem with Raiden in the western world in general and not the game itself.

the 3rd is teqnically not snake, its his dad. And MGS twin snake seems cool, but its the same as the first :/
I just wished they made some new with Solid Snake before he went to the 4th game as an old guy :O

Also. Does Solid Snake has green or blue eyes, according to this site its blue. I could swear that his eyes are green in MGS2. Big boss who is not Solid snake has blue eyes though(Aka John), but not Solid Snake, atleast from looking at it :/
Unless you count the first MG1 MSX game.

What do you think?

Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-23 13:00:00

Silly me. I forgot the site
http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Solid_Snake

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-23 14:04:19

Just like San Anderas, MGS 2 is a great game with an annoying protagonist.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-23 15:10:12

At 7/23/14 12:59 PM, Reiska3 wrote:
I just wished they made some new with Solid Snake before he went to the 4th game as an old guy :O

You can always use the Young Octocamo to make him look young. That's what I always do because I hate his old look.

Also. Does Solid Snake has green or blue eyes, according to this site its blue. I could swear that his eyes are green in MGS2. Big boss who is not Solid snake has blue eyes though(Aka John), but not Solid Snake, atleast from looking at it :/
Unless you count the first MG1 MSX game.

Both Snakes have bright blue eyes.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-23 17:44:05

Why the hell do you need a reason to like MGS2, as if it's some dirty thing. It's a good fuckin' game, no need to worry about justifying yourself.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-23 17:44:52

At 7/23/14 02:04 PM, Mismo wrote: Just like San Anderas, MGS 2 is a great game with an annoying protagonist.

So you find yourself annoying?

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-23 18:15:38

I can't really admit to liking a game I've never actually played.

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-23 18:20:40

I played Metal Gear Solid 3 first, and was on the hype train to play 2. I was so excited to play it until I realized it had locked on camera angles. Thats not cool for a stealth game, thats actually the worst thing you can do. Shit was dumb, I kept getting caught by things I couldn't see, got shot by enemies off screen, and fuck corner peaking because that was just terrible. If the controls weren't a pain in the ass as it was the enemies could still see me, even if I couldn't see them until the prefect moment.
MGS2 was stare at a radar the game. Unless it was your first time in that area, then it was run around frustrated as shit the game. Miraculously I beat it, if only for the story. If it had a free camera it would have been great, but as it stands MGS3 is great, and from such high standards, MGS2 just didn't stand a chance.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-23 22:57:40

I'd say it was a good game, not the best in the series, but still an amazing game to play.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-24 03:17:34

At 7/23/14 05:44 PM, TheMajormel wrote:
At 7/23/14 02:04 PM, Mismo wrote: Just like San Anderas, MGS 2 is a great game with an annoying protagonist.

Even though both you and me know that wasn't what I meant I must admit that yes, I do find myself annoying for time to time.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-24 19:23:16

Okay then... I liked Metal Gear Solid 2? Quite a lot, actually. And it has the highest score of the lot, I'd say a lot more do as well. I know you can't trust scores that much, hell it's definitely not my favourite of the lot, but it still means something.

BBS Signature

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-24 19:49:56

I only played a bit of the second game, I finished the first one recently and didn't really feel like playing more MGS. I played MGS3 before, but I hated it. Every 5 minutes of gameplay you get a 30 minute cut-scene with awkward animations and voice-acting.

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-24 20:01:37

I've never played any metal gear so fuck you.

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-26 13:37:34

I never really played Metal Gear Solid 2. I have Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, and 4 and haven't really played any of them. I can't even play Metal Gear Solid 3 because the game freezes a half hour in because of the scratched disc.

BBS Signature

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-26 13:39:04

At 7/26/14 01:37 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: I never really played Metal Gear Solid 2. I have Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, and 4 and haven't really played any of them. I can't even play Metal Gear Solid 3 because the game freezes a half hour in because of the scratched disc.

Aww its ok. "Hugs" I'm sure you can play them if you feel like it at times though. Aslong as it is fun ^_^

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-26 14:19:29

Naked Snake is the coolest by far, both visually and personality-wise. And even then MGS1 snake is far cooler than 2.

I don't like any of the character models in 2 at all actually, the skin colour is a bit off (with like a green tint I think) and everyone just looks too smooth or something, I can't really describe it but it looks fucking weird. It's even worse in 4 though, where everyone but snake looks like a mannequin and gave me a bad case of the uncannies, especially with the female characters. I'm surprised no one else seemed to be bothered by that.

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-26 14:21:35

Forgot to add, for some reason I don't get that vibe from MGS3 at all. I think it's because more characters have scars and facial hair and whatever, so they don't look quite so much like dolls. Either that or I was just blinded by how fucking awesome everything is in that game.

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-26 14:47:47

I loved MGS2 and it's by far my favourite entry in the series. I liked his noobish personality and I think it contrasted well with all the macho men we see in every game. He wasn't a stereotype like Snake and he had some real character development.

In-fact when he appeared in MGS4 and Rising I thought it was a real shame that he was machoified, he now had the dark past vengeance story of everyone else and all of his character depth just went down the drain.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-26 15:15:38

That Crazy Colonel near the end of the game was awesome and funny! 'I need Scissors! 61!'

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-26 15:25:39

At 7/26/14 03:15 PM, LauriAJ wrote: That Crazy Colonel near the end of the game was awesome and funny! 'I need Scissors! 61!'

Aha, indeed

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-26 16:36:11

At 7/26/14 02:47 PM, MintPaw wrote: He wasn't a stereotype like Snake and he had some real character development.

I'm wondering if you've even played MGS1. The whole conversation between him, Campbell and Naomi in the prison cell gets me errytiem, there's so much character development there as they reveal Snake's past and how he was shaped into the lonely, regretful person he is, and it was done much more elegantly than any of Raiden's story. Both the writing and acting were easily at their peak in the first game.

As for MGS2 being the best, I disagree. It has the worst gameplay to cutscene ratio out of the whole series and what gameplay is there is all very simple and straight forward. That and there's so much repetition in the dialogue and Rose is one of the most obnoxious characters I can think of. The script is also full of dumb or oddly translated lines the first game didn't seem to have ("We've managed to avoid drowning!" etc.) It's still a great game but I like it less with every playthrough, while with 1 and 3 I find myself liking them more every time.

I also feel it was severely cheapened by the mere existence of MGS4 without even going into the plot, but of course that's not MGS2's fault.

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-30 09:40:13

I admit

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-30 21:12:34

At 7/23/14 05:44 PM, TheMajormel wrote:

Ha! Nice comeback, bro! :D

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-31 04:51:37

I liked MGS2 more than I liked MGS4. THERE I SAID IT.

MGS3 is one of the best games of all-time, though, so it's hard for any of the other games in the series to compete for my love, though.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-31 18:31:38

I didn't get that far when I played it years ago, but I remember liking it until I got stuck. I got farther in MGS3 when I rented it and liked it more. Never played the others, though. Rising looks more like my kind of game. I reeeeaally wish we had more quality hack n' slash games.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-31 21:23:41

Would've been better if there were more sections to use the sword in

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-07-31 21:25:34

Yes, yes I did. It was in fact the first one I played.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to Admit you liked Metal Gear Solid 2 2014-08-01 11:16:27

I understand the hate the game gets for having Raiden as main character, but I enjoyed it for what it was. MGS3 is far better though.

BBS Signature