00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I need critiquing

483 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I need critiquing 2014-07-22 15:05:52

Could everyone please check out my animation, I made it in 3 days and I don't really know what people think about it.

Response to I need critiquing 2014-07-22 16:16:23

You need to get a better mic.

I got the joke, but it took me a second. I think you needed to make it more clear that the knight dood used the latter to kill that other guy. The time it took me to sort of figure out the joke made it less funny.

Other than that it's not too bad, make more!

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Response to I need critiquing 2014-07-22 17:24:18

Meh, I didn't really get it would've been better if you animated how the ladder was used. And what was said above that mic is like echo-ish and stuff. I like the drawing style and all, but more animation would've improved it.

BBS Signature

Response to I need critiquing 2014-07-23 14:57:45

At 7/22/14 04:16 PM, Celshaded wrote: You need to get a better mic.

I got the joke, but it took me a second. I think you needed to make it more clear that the knight dood used the latter to kill that other guy. The time it took me to sort of figure out the joke made it less funny.

Other than that it's not too bad, make more!

Thx for responding, i'll take your tips into consideration, and I will make more, right now I'm working on an animated series so yeh.

Response to I need critiquing 2014-07-23 14:59:19

At 7/22/14 05:24 PM, dumbclowny wrote: Meh, I didn't really get it would've been better if you animated how the ladder was used. And what was said above that mic is like echo-ish and stuff. I like the drawing style and all, but more animation would've improved it.

Yes, I agree I do need a new mic, I will try and implement these tips in my next animation.

Response to I need critiquing 2014-07-24 01:45:55

Here are mine. (besides the audio & writing)
==========BIG issues==============
1.The style
I'm aware of that you credited ed's world... but why?
2. The colors
the colors are super boring/bad and I feel you pulled them off of flashes default pallets.
3. Line art
The line art was terribly inconsistent and lacked any animation really. Meaning the only thing you actually animated were the mouths. I counted around 8 unique frames (excluding tweens and mouths)
4. anatomy of the characters
This was really off and it bothered me a bit.
5. Backgrounds
To basic for my liking, I disliked the castle- because i felt like you copied a child story book of castle.

============Nit picking=================
1. when the orc flies in there is a few frames where you can see the cut from his hips.
2. when the orc was stabbed and screaming.. that mouth was really bad.
3. at 0:05, there is a tiny sword on his hips(That outline is WAY off compared to the rest of his body.
4. I feel you cheated to much with tweens, and lacks any true animation.

Response to I need critiquing 2014-07-24 10:39:24

At 7/24/14 01:45 AM, TouchEverything wrote: Here are mine. (besides the audio & writing)
1.The style
2. The colors
the colors are super boring/bad and I feel you pulled them off of flashes default pallets.
3. Line art
The line art was terribly inconsistent and lacked any animation really. Meaning the only thing you actually animated were the mouths. I counted around 8 unique frames (excluding tweens and mouths)
5. Backgrounds
To basic for my liking, I disliked the castle- because i felt like you copied a child story book of castle.

To be honest I hardly even used tweening, I used allot of frame by frame, especially on the head turn. However thank you for your critique.

Response to I need critiquing 2014-07-24 10:59:40

At 7/24/14 10:39 AM, ikramah09 wrote:
At 7/24/14 01:45 AM, TouchEverything wrote: Here are mine. (besides the audio & writing)
1.The style
2. The colors
3. Line art
5. Backgrounds
To be honest I hardly even used tweening, I used allot of frame by frame, especially on the head turn. However thank you for your critique.

Well, the zoom on 0:03(tween), the strange motion at 0:07(tween) the orc at 0:17(tween and blur), head turn at 0:17(frame by frame), at 0:18 zoom(tween), 0:19 zoom(tween), at 0:25 for the orc(tween).

the majority is tweens, but this is beside the face(which I don't find an issue) there isn't more than 3 seconds of frame by frame(again, ignoring the face). It's just pictures with face movements, zooms and tweens.

LIke, you should always tell stories with body language not 'I M A robot, standing perfectly still, you can tell what I'm doing because I'm saying it'

It's just boring to watch.