00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cigarettes

5,480 Views | 84 Replies

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 23:25:11

I was an avid smoker starting out at 18, The day I turned old enough I went up and bought a pack of Marlboro red 100's, That was my cig of choice for 3-4 months, mind you, starting off slow, 2-3 a day, then half a pack at it's worse (I still don't see how people smoke more than a pack a day i mean dayuum), After a few months the 100's kept getting this gross stale like taste (even though they weren't), So I started trying Camel wides, Crush, Marlboro 72's, (and that minty kind), This went on for about 3 years switching from cig to cig never straying from Camel or Marlboro's, (smoked a carnival in a time of need, Gross). Now I'm 22, And I haven't touched a cig in months if not almost a year now, Why? Because I began breaking out in god awful hives, I'm talking about itching all night long, flaking skin, rash, burning, bleeding, I have tested the theory only twice since once smoking just 3 cigs one day and having a terrible night, And the other while partying and inhaling almost a whole pack, Which by 3 AM and being drunk as fuck, I looked like I had been stung by a thousand bees, To this day, I have no idea what caused Cigs to cause me to begin breaking out, although I have also had almost no cravings, ever, purely peer or boredom, But being around cig smoke, just from someone in the car or across a resturant booth for too long can also cause me to break out, This is a no excuse case of what smoking does to people, What smoking can do to me, I might just be the bad apple here but take my word and don't start, Because if you can't quit, Well you might die, A little background history, My mother took no care for secondhand and I lived all throughout it growing up in small places and little care for ventalation, My lungs are fucked from the beginning, Yours might not be but in 20 more years they will, Smoking doesn't make you cool, That one cig before work and after to get a head rush will completely dissapear before you know it.

In any case of curiosity, Dipping tobacco causes me no problems at all related to cigs, thought to consider, because it's not the nicotine.

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 23:28:17

At 7/22/14 11:24 PM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: yeah, smoking at night is real nice. though there's a good chance you might like it enough to smoke more than once a day, it's an easy habit to get picked up into.

not necessarily in my situation; I can only smoke in the designated areas on base, i don't like smoking in the areas near my dorm because there's usually people so basically i have to walk about a mile just to smoke, i don't like smoking during the day at all because it's too hot here in AZ, and im usually too busy during the day anyways to smoke

I might eventually add a few more cigs to my nighttime smoke though

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 23:30:37

At 7/22/14 11:25 PM, Tykwa wrote: In any case of curiosity, Dipping tobacco causes me no problems at all related to cigs, thought to consider, because it's not the nicotine.

That sounds like a pretty shitty experience. I don't even get a rush at all from smoking, not even the first night i took it up when i smoked about 7 in a row. i'd never dip, that shit grosses me out like cigarettes never did

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 23:40:10

At 7/22/14 11:02 PM, Xenomit wrote: I'm not telling people to not do it. I'm saying that it's fucking retarded to do. An incredibly dumb choice under any and every circumstance.

This guy seems to have been an avid smoker. Of course pipes and not cigarettes but still.

Cigarettes

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 23:45:44

At 7/22/14 11:42 PM, Xenomit wrote: Are you trying to tell me that it's not dumb to do something that you have to pay out the ass for, only to have it devastate your body, while also not providing any benefit to you?

Xenomit please... you get +100 coolness exp. for every cig you smoke. Who needs 10-30 extra years in their life when they have lvl 83 in coolness?

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 23:49:11

At 7/22/14 11:45 PM, koopahermit wrote:
At 7/22/14 11:42 PM, Xenomit wrote: Are you trying to tell me that it's not dumb to do something that you have to pay out the ass for, only to have it devastate your body, while also not providing any benefit to you?
Xenomit please... you get +100 coolness exp. for every cig you smoke. Who needs 10-30 extra years in their life when they have lvl 83 in coolness?

In fact, chain smokers who smoke 3-4 packs a day are just grinding for the max level of coolness before they die. I think there is supposed to be a double exp event next weekend too.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 23:52:29

At 7/22/14 11:50 PM, Xenomit wrote: Measuring your success by how many people think you're cool is generally something only the dumbest of the dumb do. As I already said, if you have to rely on cigarettes to be cool, you were pretty worthless to begin with.

You're just mad because you're only level 1 in coolness. Lrn 2 toke scrub.

STEAM

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 00:03:00

At 7/23/14 12:00 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 7/22/14 11:52 PM, koopahermit wrote: You're just mad because you're only level 1 in coolness. Lrn 2 toke scrub.
The sheer amount of times some part of me has been wrapped in pussy alone automatically makes me cooler than half of the BBS.

Cigarettes

STEAM

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 00:13:15

At 7/22/14 03:17 AM, Freaki-boy92 wrote: quit while you're ahead dude, it's a pain in the arse

having said that, camel are pretty good, and if you want to smoke for less, then buy some rolling tobacco and some papers.

marlboro reds and good and so are parliaments (they're lights but still good)

another thing, as a smoker who usually has money for cigarettes and can buy them i usually can smoke whenever. However when I'm stuck doing something and cannot smoke for hours i experience minor nicotine withdrawal which worsens depending on how much mental focus it requires. Ex: doing math for a while + not smoking for hours = lack of concentration then light headache. Its another negative of smoking, its addictive and you will go through withdrawals occasionally. To see how much it affected me, i didn't smoke for a few hours and i took an iq test i scored 114, whereas when i was able to smoke recently before i scored a 121. Nicotine can be an annoying addiction but smoking is definitely enjoyable.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 00:33:43

I don't smoke but I here people say that Marlboro is the best.

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 00:57:02

At 7/22/14 11:42 PM, Xenomit wrote: I'm not telling people to not do it. I'm saying that it's fucking retarded to do. An incredibly dumb choice under any and every circumstance.

Are you trying to tell me that it's not dumb to do something that you have to pay out the ass for, only to have it devastate your body, while also not providing any benefit to you?

No. I'm just saying there are and have been some incredibly intelligent people who were smokers is all. So if someone sees someone smoking and instantly thinks "Gee that person must be stupid" well they could easily be wrong.

It's a bad habit for sure though. But there's lots of bad habits.

Interestingly enough I just got back from eating at a 24/7 restaurant and the cook recommended I smoke some crack. I declined the offer.

I guess I'm saying there's a lot worse stuff people could get into is all.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 01:22:46

so Camel Turkish Gold seems basically like a lighter version of Marlboro Red. are all cigarettes 90% the same or is it just these two?

btw i'm not bothering to read any posts involving xenomit and his campaign against smoking, fuck that shit

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 01:25:29

At 7/23/14 01:22 AM, Tremulos wrote: so Camel Turkish Gold seems basically like a lighter version of Marlboro Red. are all cigarettes 90% the same or is it just these two?

btw i'm not bothering to read any posts involving xenomit and his campaign against smoking, fuck that shit

Xenomit is pretty dense and preachy at times to be frank. I'd say when it comes to smoking, the first thing to do is to decide whether if you're gonna go with menthols or regulars.

STEAM

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 01:30:50

At 7/23/14 01:25 AM, koopahermit wrote: Xenomit is pretty dense and preachy at times to be frank. I'd say when it comes to smoking, the first thing to do is to decide whether if you're gonna go with menthols or regulars.

yeah I need to try menthols. right now i'm holding off on buying more cigs because i already have two packs and i won't be smoking more than 1 or 2 a night. i don't necessarily want to end up with a drawer full

what about filters vs unfiltered?

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 02:50:01

At 7/23/14 01:59 AM, Xenomit wrote:
Don't talk to me if you're not gonna try harder to be slick.

I got to say that I love the fact that OP won't pay any attention to your posts.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 02:52:04

At 7/23/14 12:33 AM, RedRobinR wrote: I don't smoke but I here people say that Marlboro is the best.

Well youare 11.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 02:53:05

At 7/23/14 02:52 AM, poopmcfarts wrote:
At 7/23/14 12:33 AM, RedRobinR wrote: I don't smoke but I here people say that Marlboro is the best.
Well you are 11.

Fixed.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 02:54:33

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/05/tobacco-cancer-treatment/

the big secret the tobacoo companies dont want u know is the lead210 and polonium210 from the kind of fertilizer and the radon progeny depositing on the sticky leaves is what kills u tobacco is a great herb

C C

the trolls king of kings

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 13:22:24

You should probably take up a new habit, like crack.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 14:38:12

One of my new years resolutions was to smoke more. It's been a good year so far and I've met alot of interesting people all over the world as a result.

I recommend it if you enjoy the social benefits of smoking. If you are a little faggot that never goes outside or just sits in this bbs and tells people not to smoke then its probably not for you.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 15:25:30

At 7/23/14 02:38 PM, Luis wrote: One of my new years resolutions was to smoke more. It's been a good year so far and I've met alot of interesting people all over the world as a result.

I recommend it if you enjoy the social benefits of smoking. If you are a little faggot that never goes outside or just sits in this bbs and tells people not to smoke then its probably not for you.

That's pretty cool. I actually prefer smoking alone, but maybe I'll sit down at the popular smoke pit one of these nights and meet some people.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 15:46:37

At 7/23/14 03:41 PM, Xenomit wrote: My job actually requires me to exclusively work outside. The only faggots here would be people who insist that smoking makes you look cool to everyone, when in reality most people just look down on you like one would look down on a crack head.

Well the purpose of this thread is to inspire and motivate people who want to smoke. Not for preachers leading people on the righteous path.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 16:00:07

Drugs are bad...mmkay?

Cigarettes

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 16:31:22

At 7/23/14 04:23 PM, Xenomit wrote: Thank you for further proving my point. Paying out the ass

cigarettes only cost 12 dollars a pack.

Thats like nothing.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 16:36:07

At 7/23/14 04:23 PM, Xenomit wrote: bunch of holier than thou bullshit

holy shit are you fucking 12

let the people do whatever the fuck they want man, if it hurts them that's fine its their choice anyway, sure smoking is bad as shit for you but it ain't like it's your body he's hurting

lurk

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 16:58:00

Xenomit (and anyone else out there that thinks like you), take a deep breath and zip it before someone has to zip it for you. This thread started out somewhat (though not completely) innocently and didn't have to get nearly as contentious as it has.

This is a thread like this one where the OP explicitly states he started smoking and is asking for brand suggestions. That couldn't possibly any clearer. You, on the other hand, against the will of everyone else, decided to derail it. You decided that it somehow made sense to turn it into your own personal soapbox against smoking in general. If this thread had been called "What do you think about smoking?" then the opinions you're spouting here would have been okay. Perhaps you'd find that a lot of people would even agree with you--that the general consensus is that smoking cigarettes really isn't a good thing. However, that's just not true here. You're in the wrong place.

Similarly (and this may or may not be reflective of my political positions), if I were to post here asking everyone what gun is best suited for my personal defense needs, do I need to deal with preachy motherfuckers that are only going to tell me how bad they think guns are? Or make snarky comments about how I'm going to plan a mass shooting? No way. What I want to hear is what gun brand I should get, why it would be best for me, little tidbits of info like magazine sizes, grips, trigger pulls, and so on. I don't have time for anyone else that just wants to go off topic or raise their post count.

It's important to say it over and over again because it doesn't look like you're getting it. Contribute or perish.

And again, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: best starter brand is Camel Crush in my opinion. Lights and Ultra Lights are also good if you think you might be into those, or can't stand anything harsher.

I would also like to point out that we have gone from a society where smoking was common--even embraced--to one where smokers are now ostracized. You used to be able to smoke in hospitals, in college classrooms, in bars, in your office, and in general it used to be seen as more of a good thing than a bad thing. That's no longer the case. Bans and smoking hate have intensified over time. No one thing can be blamed for the transition from such a pro-smoking culture to such a vehemently anti-smoking culture--it was an accumulation of things over a long period of time. People continued to be heavy smokers even after then-Surgeon General Luther Terry publicly announced the causal link between cigarette smoking and many other health problems.

If you don't like smoking, then don't smoke. Just don't try to stop anyone else from smoking, or taking up any other unhealthy food, drink or drug-related habits. Cigarettes and other tobacco products are legal and will continue to be in the long-term. If, somehow, a legislative ban is enacted, there will be a major backlash and black market sellers will have it real nice, as if selling weed, crack and meth weren't profitable enough.

Smoking may be retarded, smoking may be the best thing ever, but that's not really the issue here. All that matters is what the best cigarette is if you smoke, or want to smoke. Couldn't get any simpler than that.

Grow the fuck up.

Don't forget to see a doctor too, who I hope prescribes you a pack of unfiltered Camels. After all, more doctors smoke Camels than any other cigarette.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 17:07:10

At 7/22/14 10:33 PM, Xenomit wrote: stuff

to be honest, some of us didn't really have a choice in the matter- my parents smoked, i was kinda already addicted by the time i started.
that plus stress, depression and all that stuff.... kinda... yeah

the sad fact is though, when confronted with someone being all preachy about it- like you're being in fact- it just makes us want to smoke. fucking... it irritates, it stresses and it just pisses us all off, because we have heard it 100000000000000 times before. yes we get it, smoking's bad whatever, yes we know we're killing ourselves, now shut the fuck up- i'll quit when i feel ready to and stop preachin' because it DOESN'T FUCKING WORK

now i need a smoke

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 17:12:21

I've been smoking for seven or eight years and I wouldn't ever tell anybody not to smoke. It's nice, I enjoy it a lot. I enjoy it so much that even though the doctors told me to quit because of my heart and lung problems, I won't do it.

I wish it was cheaper, considering a 20 pack here is 10.50 or so. Which isn't fun. Plus if you're a drinker, 20 bucks on a 12 case of beer, 10.50 on 20 cigarettes, and then more beer later on, and then more smokes because you're a drunk idiot and you chain smoked them all, well one night can end up costing up to 100 or more. Not fun.
Being a drug addict and all of those things is even worse, when I was using drugs a lot I would spend 300 or so in a night on cigarettes, beer, and drugs.
Not fun!

But yeah, smoking is kick ass. Bitches like it too, and I suggest you do it all the time.

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 17:22:06

At 7/23/14 05:15 PM, Xenomit wrote: I did, that's why I don't smoke.

By "grow the fuck up," I mean "stay out of this thread if you can't recommend a worthy cigarette to smoke." And you failed to do just that a long time ago. It baffles me that you're still here going on about how bad smoking is. If you want to do just that, make a new thread instead of derailing an existing one where your opinions aren't welcome because they aren't in the spirit of the original intent here.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-23 17:38:53

This whole thread, and the topic of smoking, really:

Cigarettes