00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cigarettes

5,479 Views | 84 Replies

Cigarettes 2014-07-22 02:02:21

Hello smokers of Newgrounds, I just took up smoking and didn't know what type of cigs to get ; I didn't want to hold up the line so I got what the biggest sign was advertising (Marlboro Red Label) but I want to know which type of cigs I should try next. Any recs?

Also how long do you predict I will stick to only one cig a night

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 02:06:22

Yeah sure, some us here like wasting our money destroying our bodies. Someone here will be glad to help you.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 02:20:02

At 7/22/14 02:06 AM, NuclearInfected wrote: Yeah sure, some us here like wasting our money destroying our bodies. Someone here will be glad to help you.

Thanks, that's good to hear. I knew I could count on Newgrounds. How often do you exercise? What's your diet like? Your body could be decaying at a far greater rate than mine and you wouldn't even know it!

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 02:25:20

Why take up smoking? You'll waste thousands upon thousands of dollars in your lifetime by taking up this habit, not to mention that it slowly kills you. Whatever you want to do, I guess.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 02:27:25

Why'd you take up smoking?

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 02:30:14

My parents have been smoking for a looonnggg time and what it's done to their skin and teeth is pretty bad. It stunts your growth too. Why'd you take it up? I get that that it's a stress relief thing, but still

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 02:59:07

In before all the smoker haters although it seems you already have one. (I did say before *all* and not just before *any*)

Is it a good habit? No.
But are people ridiculous towards smokers these days? Very yes.

Just be polite with your habit and screw the haters. I'm a non-smoker who is A-Okay with you smoker types.

Seriously though you're probably in for a shitstorm of hate at least if this turns out anything like other smoking threads.

In before all the people with their delicate sensitive conditions which daily street pollution is far worse than occasional second-hand smoke anyway. But ssshhhh. Someone will come up with some reason why your smoking 20 feet away from them suddenly gives them emphysema whereas they constantly inhale street pollution from cars, trucks, and buses.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 03:14:39

At 7/22/14 02:59 AM, NeonSpider wrote: In before all the smoker haters although it seems you already have one. (I did say before *all* and not just before *any*)

Is it a good habit? No.
But are people ridiculous towards smokers these days? Very yes.

Relevant

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 03:17:13

quit while you're ahead dude, it's a pain in the arse

having said that, camel are pretty good, and if you want to smoke for less, then buy some rolling tobacco and some papers.

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 03:45:38

A factor that smoking haters forget is that if you smoke you are extremely cool. The risks are so insignificant when you realize how cool you will be when you smoke.

An opinion is like a fart. No one likes it but eventually it evaporates into nothing. Mike David

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 04:10:44

Eh. I don't get it. I've tried all kinds of different cigs just smoking socially with people...it just ain't my thing. I know chicks that only smoke menthols, some that only smoke Marlboro reds, hell I even know Natural Spirit and Lucky Strike bias people...people that dip, people that go for black and milds and not just use the paper for blunts, but ACTUALLY smoke the black and milds or the Phillips blunts...I know people that'll ONLY smoke cloves. I just don't get it. Don't like the smell, don't like the taste, don't like the sensation and I appreciate my air being unflavored.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 04:41:00

Fuck cigs get a weed license and start chiefing it!

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 06:07:16

I don't smoke

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 06:54:54

At 7/22/14 02:06 AM, NuclearInfected wrote: Yeah sure, some us here like wasting our money destroying our bodies. Someone here will be glad to help you.

Way to be a fucking jerk.

I smoke Winfield Blue, but to be honest unless you smoke menthol cigarettes pretty much all cigarettes are the same. Go Winfield Blue for sure though, just to be safe.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 07:20:01

Whenever a thread like this comes up, there always has to be at least one person here saying something like, "You're gonna slowly kill yourself," or "lol im not gonna pay money for cancer." I don't smoke cigarettes regularly anymore, but people that usually say those things are massive hypocrites that have other unhealthy/dangerous habits like eating junk food, alcohol abuse or texting while driving. If someone is specifically asking for a particular brand of cigarettes and you have absolutely nothing of value to offer, go the fuck away. Keep your keystrokes shut and make yourself useful somewhere else where you actually have something to offer.

Now more on topic...this is more of a matter of personal preference than anything. I started out with Marlboro menthol (although I later switched to Camel menthol). Any type of menthol cig is good if that's what you're into, but you may not be. Camel Crush starts out as a regular cig until you crush the filter (which you also may choose not to do) which will turn it into a menthol cigarette because of the capsule inside the filter. For someone like you, that would be a good first-time brand that you might choose to stick with forever. Camel unfiltereds are also good but perhaps might be a bit too harsh if you're not used to them. If you, at any point, feel what you're smoking is too harsh, then go for Lights or Ultra Lights of either Camel or any other brand if you decide to switch.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 07:33:09

At 7/22/14 02:02 AM, Tremulos wrote: Also how long do you predict I will stick to only one cig a night

Took me about a month before I was at two a night.

Either way depending on your palette you might like marlboro southern cuts or the perique american spirits. You should give those a try.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 07:35:17

Benson & Hedges smooth, all day

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 09:23:00

I'd recommend picking up something from each strength: Something like Light Blue<Gold<Silver<Light Red<Dark Blue<Dark Red, generally.

Aside from that it's all in finding a brand that you like. I'm not recommending you go out there and start smoking like a freight train to find your flavour, but it's worth trying a few different brands once you nail down what strength you enjoy.

At 7/22/14 04:01 AM, Voltage wrote: For me, I smoke Camel Crush, which is alright for a first time smoker or someone that isn't use to smoking in general. You can also take the flavor out of the cigarette butt and either chew it or use it on your fingers (as long as the cigarette isn't smoked) and it produces a slight aroma - same with Camel Menthols (Green/Silver Camel Box).

You forgot to mention the whole reason they're called "Crush" is because you can crush the little flavour disc in the cigarette butt without removing it to make you cigarette considerably stronger.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 10:21:33

At 7/22/14 06:54 AM, Sexylegs wrote:
Way to be a fucking jerk.

We'll see who's the fucking jerk when I'm not the one breathing through a hole in my throat. It sure is amazing that people are still dumb enough to start smoking in this day and age. Truly amazing.

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 10:26:10

You should totally get these!!

Cigarettes

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 10:36:19

At 7/22/14 10:26 AM, stormybutterfly wrote: You should totally get these!!

i love those~!

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 10:49:50

I've been smoking cigs for almost 10 years. Just quit while you're ahead - they're expensive as balls and they fuck up your lungs.
Also, that 1 cig-a-night trick won't last long. Everyone thinks they are the exception to the rule and they're in total control when they first start playing with that fire. You'll be firmly addicted before you even realize its happening. It doesn't take long for you to *need* a cig every couple hours just to feel okay.

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 14:25:49

At 7/22/14 10:26 AM, WahyahRanger wrote: Just get a nicotine e-cig.

They're (supposedly) better for you, you can choose the flavor of the smoke, nicotine level, etc.

So try that.

Those are for plebs, pussies, and pansies. Dont listen to him OP.if you're gonna smoke, get the real deal. Also some e-cig companies put sketchy stuff in their formula that leaves this stringy residue in your lungs that build up much faster than a regular cigarette.

STEAM

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 16:12:40

At 7/22/14 04:53 AM, Voltage wrote:
At 7/22/14 04:41 AM, DarkMatter wrote: Fuck cigs get a weed license and start chiefing it!
It's really the acceptance factor of tobacco that makes it more appealing to some people, also are you crazy? At the cheapest you can probably score pot it hardly makes up the difference

I admit I spend a shitload of money on weed, if I had a room I could grow my own stuff in that might change. ANd honestly, light up a joint and watch peoples reactions compared to a cig, sure weed may be illegal but you'll see more people smiling at the smell of burning tree than tobacco.

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 21:01:41

At 7/22/14 04:36 PM, 24901miles wrote:
At 7/22/14 04:12 PM, DarkMatter wrote: I admit I spend a shitload of money on weed, if I had a room I could grow my own stuff in that might change. ANd honestly, light up a joint and watch peoples reactions compared to a cig, sure weed may be illegal but you'll see more people smiling at the smell of burning tree than tobacco.
Weed is legal where you are? You don't need a whole room to grow weed. You can grow half an ounce of high grade in a shoebox sized container, if you use the right lighting and pruning techniques. It can be done in less than two months.

That's below the accepted quantity for personal use where I live, and I think most decriminalized states.

I have the equipment, and a license to smoke and grow it, but Im currently residing at my mothers, she's a little up tight about me growing it.

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 22:11:14

I despise cigarettes or any tobacco for that matter, the smell of it makes me feel like I'm dying. Some smokers are just ignorant shits that think it'll be so cool to smoke, all of a sudden boom they can't stop and well... you know the rest.

I say go with weed lol, doesn't have that tobacco smell and it makes you get creative and shit and think outside the box XD

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 22:18:56

At 7/22/14 09:27 PM, 24901miles wrote:
At 7/22/14 09:01 PM, DarkMatter wrote: I have the equipment, and a license to smoke and grow it, but Im currently residing at my mothers, she's a little up tight about me growing it.
Dude! Aaaaauuughh please do it! What's she gonna do, scour her electric bill to see whether you've been taking a few cents extra?

What kind of equipment do you have so far? Have you drawn up any schematics for micro grows?

I did a few failed grows at other houses, my lamp is 1000 wat so it needs lots of space and ventalation

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 22:53:06

At 7/22/14 10:33 PM, Xenomit wrote: It doesn't make me mad that people like something I don't like, it makes me mad that people are this fucking retarded.

A good amount of university professors smoke cigarettes. Would you say they are retarded? Tends to be more often professors in the mathematics and hard sciences too.

I'm not saying it's a good habit.

But also it's their bodies. I don't smoke.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 22:55:21

At 7/22/14 10:11 PM, dumbclowny wrote: I say go with weed lol, doesn't have that tobacco smell and it makes you get creative and shit and think outside the box XD

This post gave me cancer more cancer than cigs ever will

Thanks everyone else for the suggestions, I'm going to get around to trying as many as I can. Trying Camel Turkish Gold tonight, and when I work up the nerve to buy more (I'm a self-checkout kinda guy, but you have to ask the teller to get cigs for you which I don't like doing) I'll try something new!

BBS Signature

Response to Cigarettes 2014-07-22 23:16:42

At 7/22/14 11:07 PM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: ^ Djarum blacks are good

they burn slow, and are spiced with cinnamon and other things to give it a mild sweet taste.

If you're thinking about only smoking a cigarette a day, what's the point of smoking? I mean it's manageable, but you'll probably end up smoking when you want to.

I didn't see any of those at the store on base, but I wanna try them. I plan on only smoking one a day because I don't necessarily want the damage to my lungs and throat and whatnot; a big reason for taking it up is to have something to do on my 3 mile walk that I take every night. I walk right by a nice smoke pit where no one ever smokes so I just sit down and enjoy a cig with some music and it's nice, nicer than just sitting there doing nothing.

BBS Signature