00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErinJA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lets Talk Mac Vsts/aus

846 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Lets Talk Mac Vsts/aus 2014-07-22 01:33:39

We all know that theres a bunch of crazy stuff out there for PCs.. But dont be discouraged! There are plenty of awesome tools out there for Mac producers : ) I would love to talk about about great VSTs for Mac users!

Click image to obtain audio.

BBS Signature

Response to Lets Talk Mac Vsts/aus 2014-07-22 05:06:05

I am a mac user and always was able tu use everything - besides of vocaloid which is windows only. So i dont really understand the thread :D Logic and AU are supported well in my opinion.

Great VSTi you find here: EWQL, 8Dio, Eduardo Tarilonte, Ilya Efimov, Native Instruments, embertone, hauptwerk, Plogue, sonokinetik, Soundiron

BBS Signature

Response to Lets Talk Mac Vsts/aus 2014-07-22 06:41:13

At 7/22/14 05:06 AM, SoundChris wrote: Logic and AU are supported well in my opinion.

Agreed. My first sequencing experience was on an iMac (university computers), and they had Logic Pro 8 at a time when Logic Pro 9 was already out. Regardless, I found that nothing was missing: sound banks didn't load off VSTs the way it would normally do on PC, but they loaded off the actual Logic interface. I don't know if VSTs are even a thing on Logic... SoundChris, you may want to consider correcting me because I'm a relative dinosaur when it comes to Macs...

That being said though -- coming from the point of view of an FL Studio user: Image-Line released FL Studio (a beta version) for Mac last year, around August/September, and I gave it a test run -- and while it was otherwise workable, it was a direct-from-PC-port to the Mac. There was no Ctrl+Click function for what would otherwise be triggered by the PC right click; the text in a lot of dialogue boxes and menus was just missing... If Image-Line have already rectified the errors I don't doubt they will have by now; it's nearly a year and Mac users would be moaning and groaning a lot by now if the problems still persisted.