00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Tv-series "sagittarius" - Art

1,165 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

New Tv-series "sagittarius" - Art 2014-07-21 16:02:29

Hi,

I am developing a TV-Series created by me. This will consist in a after zombie apocalypse that kill almost all humans in earth and allow new species such as giants, orcs, goblins, etc.. to grow up. What i'm here asking you is to you do some art for the series such as designing characters and places and some main happenings.

We are not including money. I hope you can join us.

Rui Guerreiro

Response to New Tv-series "sagittarius" - Art 2014-07-21 21:48:02

At 7/21/14 04:02 PM, rui1234 wrote: Hi,

I am developing a TV-Series created by me. This will consist in a after zombie apocalypse that kill almost all humans in earth and allow new species such as giants, orcs, goblins, etc.. to grow up. What i'm here asking you is to you do some art for the series such as designing characters and places and some main happenings.

We are not including money. I hope you can join us.

Rui Guerreiro

TV Series + no money to pay your crew = FAILED PROJECT

Your boat has sunk before you even undocked. You want character art, concept art, and some story writing for free.....on a tv series. You've already been laughed out of the room. You're going to need to offer a LOT more incentive to any artist in order to consider joining your project.

Do you have any more details? How far along are you? Have you already been funded? Do you have a producer? How's the artist being credited? Are there residuals? Are YOU getting paid? If so, why should everyone else work for free? These questions are important.

Response to New Tv-series "sagittarius" - Art 2014-07-22 15:55:57

Artist don't just look for money, we already have artists working for us for free. The script for the first episode is already done and we have 2 Hollywood producers interested. So this ship is not sinking, we already have the actor Mitch Hewer working For free with us as you see not everyone looks for money there are some that do things because they like to. We will only receive money when we find a production company and a network tv. All money will be given to those who work in the job and depending on the progress they made the more money they will receive. But only after the producers find any production company after that we will no longer receive anyone in the project.

Look for "Sagittarius" on IMDB.

I hope that i had answer your questions, Thanks.

Response to New Tv-series "sagittarius" - Art 2014-07-23 11:32:39

Look for "Sagittarius" on IMDB.

Well, I did. What I found puzzled me just more.
I looked at some of your bios and only Mitch Hewer and Shamik seem more or less legit.
"Souvik" returns a bunch of different people, one of them being a dialogue writer in bengali.
"Shamik", according to his bio, is" a vocalist and producer based in Vancouver. As a beatboxer and MC, he toured extensively across 15 countries from 2007-2011"

Nontheless, going from your IMDb page, you only have 4 PEOPLE in your crew.No additional writers, no more actors, no sound designers, no concept artists,no nothing. Comparing your page to some random show (Arrow, in this case), they got 4 cinematographers, 3 costume designers, 15 conceptual artists with an own art director, a huge electrical staff, 5 musicians and much more. That is not even taking THEIR ~200 ACTORS AND STUNT DOUBLES INTO ACCOUNT!
Taking the premise you have in mind into account, you will need just as much, IF NOT MORE!

You will only find so many people that are willing to work for free. Many of those may not even be able to deliver what you need and those that surely could need to GET PAID because they are propably doing it for a living. You cannot start any production without the budget neccesary to sustain it. As it seems right now, you do not even have the money to pay your crew. How do you plan to pay for material costs, logistics, hospitality etc. ? Even IF you found professional artists here that would be willing to work for you for free, you would still face the questions above.
You need a financial plan. Do it to figure out how much money you need to even get started and how much you need to keep up a continuous production. Once you did that, you can go to your producers, present your ideas and plans for the show and perhaps they are going to fund its production.

---------| You're welcome |----------

Response to New Tv-series "sagittarius" - Art 2014-07-23 12:22:03

We have 25 people working in this project. The IMDB page was necessary to actor Mitch Hewer so that it could be in his imdb projects. If you don't wanna help please don't comment anything.
Wiliam E Bales is our producer
David Arkon is our scriptwriter
and the rest of the crew is doing 3D works
https://www.facebook.com/SagittariusTVSeries?ref_type=bookmark
follow our page it's still in progress.
your art will be credit like any art in this page.

Response to New Tv-series "sagittarius" - Art 2014-07-23 18:02:18

not wanting to help =/= asking questions dude.
get yourself together.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to New Tv-series "sagittarius" - Art 2014-07-23 20:49:06

We have 25 people working in this project. The IMDB page was necessary to actor Mitch Hewer so that it could be in his
imdb projects. If you don't wanna help please don't comment anything.

Consider the following: Given you are a legit talent seeker looking to build a crew for your next TV production, would you not try to keep such misunderstandings from happening? You've shown us your IMDb and facebook, but other than that, we, the artists YOU want to hire, have no information of the project and its scale outside of the fact that we will be doing it for free. You need more to win us over. Maybe a legit project webpage with more details about your crew and the project as a whole? A wage plan?

Wiliam E Bales is our producer

Who? This Bales?
HES DEAD!

Or this one?
HE IS A CEO OF A SOFTWARE COMPANY, NOT A HOLLYWOOD PRODUCER! (granted, his InkedIn lists him as a agent at Stars of Hollywood, but judging by its facebook, it's dubious at best)

Maybe link us to the right person?

David Arkon is our scriptwriter

This guy?. I've taken a look into this "Silver shock" thing he worked on and I'm not inpressed.

If it was a typo and you ment to say David Arkin, HE COMMITED SUICIDE!

and the rest of the crew is doing 3D works

Consisting out of....who exactly. Some examples? Some portfolios of some of the artists involved? Nothing?

https://www.facebook.com/SagittariusTVSeries?ref_type=bookmark

I reverse image seared your crown and found this.

Didn't know you collaborate with HBO. That would have been good to know.

Proof: Screenshot from Game of Thrones with that twat that everyone wanted dead with the crown on his inbreed head.

your art will be credit like any art in this page.

Credit does not feed me, nor does it feed anyone else.

By the way, you dodged the question about the budget.

---------| You're welcome |----------

Response to New Tv-series "sagittarius" - Art 2014-07-23 23:02:07

I think as a whole what people are trying to say is that you should be more prepared. Your proposal is very obscure and frankly doesn't feel very planned out. It's like you're getting starry eyed and going straight for dessert before you eat your meal. A tv series is serious business (and paid), but posting a 3-4 sentence paragraph with grammar issues on a Newgrounds forum doesn't come across as professional. If you aren't good at job postings, you could at least get a PR person or someone that is.

We want details, links, sources, what your future road map is, how agreements will be done, and perhaps a website or things you've done officially to establish your idea, etc. Also, you bet your ASS there better be legal contracts on something like this. We need some legitimacy. Again...we need details, and what you're trying to achieve with the pre-production art (to pitch the show perhaps?). Also, why is this unpaid?

For the record, one of my best friends has worked as a contractor on numerous primetime tv shows and have heard many of his stories on how things work and go down. Let me just say that your angle needs to improve, especially if you want a quality product and a quality team.

Response to New Tv-series "sagittarius" - Art 2014-07-24 02:00:38

i would also point out given the current age, hasnt the zombie hype almost ran out of steam now days? few years ago it was all the rage, movies tv shows games everything everywhere zombies.. now.. barely anything people are sick of it, so when you combine
-no pay
-lacking information
-a deceased producer?
-and an overused idea..
amoungst other things...
this seems like a poor investment of time