00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

does anyone know...

736 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

does anyone know... 2014-07-20 19:38:43

Hi i just wanted to ask if anyone know a good digital artist on say: youtube that makes digital art tutourial?
-Thanks.

does anyone know...

Response to does anyone know... 2014-07-20 22:17:31

At 7/20/14 07:38 PM, robbinx1 wrote: Hi i just wanted to ask if anyone know a good digital artist on say: youtube that makes digital art tutourial?
-Thanks.

Are there certain goals you're trying to achieve specifically with your digital art? There's a wide spectrum on how you can approach it. One person I'd recommend for a plethora of videos pertaining to drawing and digital art is Draw With Jazza.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrawWithJazza

I'll also plug a 90 minute walkthrough I happened to do a few months ago regarding pencil to digital work, although it's more for character design and cartoons. I suppose the same could be applied for other styles though.

http://youtu.be/Lm9UXxhFNkc

Response to does anyone know... 2014-07-20 23:01:19

Response to does anyone know... 2014-07-21 06:18:38

my gaol is just to be at the level as a pro-artist. Mostly aimed for illustration/manga.

Response to does anyone know... 2014-07-21 14:44:30

At 7/21/14 06:18 AM, robbinx1 wrote: my gaol is just to be at the level as a pro-artist. Mostly aimed for illustration/manga.

I'd recommend to avoid manga if you want to stand out. It's such a tired art form by this point. Many pro artists will tell you this.

Response to does anyone know... 2014-07-21 15:38:35

At 7/21/14 06:18 AM, robbinx1 wrote:
my gaol is just to be at the level as a pro-artist. Mostly aimed for illustration/manga.

I would not try to limit myself to manga. Trying out many different styles and tools helps alot developing an own style.
Many professional artists have experimented with styles, learned the fundamentals and so on.
My recommendation is to do the same. Try to take influence from other styles, maybe including western cartoons. Also get a foothold of the basics in art like anatomy, perspective, color etc.

A good start would be QuickPoses. Not only has it a big library of references to learn and draw from, but it invites you to redraw as many of them as possible, as quickly as possible. Doing this encourages you to try out different tools, different approaches and focus less on delivering a complete picture and more on delivering an expressive one. That alone helps alot breaking away from a confortable style while teaching you a global understanding of human proportions.

For cartoon tutorials, try these guys

The first one goes into great detail about stylizing and explains his workstepps. The videos can be long though.
Number two only has one video tutorial, but he explains his workflow pretty well, aswell as some other, more general things that may help. It's also a good idea checking out his DeviantArt Galery.

Even if you still want to draw manga, doing this will translate positively, as all the things you learned and the styles you experienced automatically influence your manga style, which may make it your very own style of manga.

Hope that wall of text helps you : )

---------| You're welcome |----------

Response to does anyone know... 2014-07-22 12:31:47

okey thank you guy alot. i will try my best!