00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Adobe Flash 14 is satans friend!

717 Views | 10 Replies

Adobe Flash 14 is satans friend! 2014-07-17 00:21:43

I am having a playback issue on videos ONLY on Newgrounds using Adobe Flash 14. I have tried EVERYTHING including resetting my BIOS, Video Card Drivers, disabling Hardware Acceleration and I still get choppy and a lot of times desynchronized playback (sound is leading the video by seconds) and it only happens on this site ever since I was forced to update to Adobe Flash 14. I did temporarily solve this by reinstalling my Omega Drivers which work better than the legacy ATI drivers but the devil came right back after I reinstalled my Omega Drivers. I have a 3.4 Ghz P4 Hyper Thread CPU (Which for a ll intents and purposes is a Dual Core processor). My Omega Drivers are the latest build for my Radeon 9600 pro which by all rights should still work just fine, and my motherboard as an Asrock 775V88+ which still works perfectly on all other sites. I can watch 1080p movies fine on other sites for crying out loud. On top of that I have 4 GB of RAM and the graphics card has 128 GB on board. I seriously have tried EVERYTHING and this is driving me BUG NUTZ, no, this has me standing on the edge of a bridge and I want to try flying! Why is it THIS IS THE ONLY SITE I AM HAVING THESE ISSUES WITH? And I can safely say Adobe's support of this issue is as worthless as teats on a boar!

What gives? Am I the only one to be feeling the pain right now? Is Adobe trying to reinvent frustration? Is there a glitch on the Newgrounds site itself I am unaware of? Come on,, I cannot even watch Magnet Dog without the playback being so bad I want to kick my computer wearing my steel toe work boots!

A tinfoil hat does not protect you from mind control. It just makes you look stupid!

Response to Adobe Flash 14 is satans friend! 2014-07-17 00:27:44

1. Your CPU is single-core, period. HT does not perform like a full core.

2. Your GPU is old as hell. I highly doubt anyone even supports it anymore. I mean come on, its not even Radeon HD!

3. And yeah... Adobe Crash player is wonderful isnt it?

Steam username: Deutschgeck

BBS Signature

Response to Adobe Flash 14 is satans friend! 2014-07-17 00:38:44

Oh my god. Upgrade your fucking computer!

At 7/17/14 12:21 AM, UrMonsta wrote: the graphics card has 128 GB on board.

I wish my graphics card had 128 GB of memory. It only has 2 GB...

BBS Signature

Response to Adobe Flash 14 is satans friend! 2014-07-17 00:49:45

At 7/17/14 12:38 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Oh my god. Upgrade your fucking computer!

At 7/17/14 12:21 AM, UrMonsta wrote: the graphics card has 128 GB on board.
I wish my graphics card had 128 GB of memory. It only has 2 GB...

A) Sorry about the double post. The site locked up on me and I thought my computer barfed again.
B) Right now I don't have the money to upgrade.
C) If this was a singe core computer Task manager would not show TWO CORES, CPU Threads, whateves!
D) I can stream fine on other sites.
E) I am waiting to actually choke up the money to upgrade to a FAR better build than what I have now but coming up with the $800 is a little thought right now with Rent, having to do the brakes on my truck, and paying off my insurance for the year and still being able to eat.

I mean I would happily accept donations towards a new computer considering I already bought a copy of Windows 8.1 to upgrade but have hesitated doing so for a number of reasons. But as they say, "shit in one hand and wish in another and see which one fills up first." So I doubt I will get any Charity my way any time soon.

I cannot see buying a new computer right now when I am only having issues on this one site! And Newgrounds is one of my favorites.

A tinfoil hat does not protect you from mind control. It just makes you look stupid!

Response to Adobe Flash 14 is satans friend! 2014-07-17 00:50:57

"Nermal is a piece of shit." Darthdenim

BBS Signature

Response to Adobe Flash 14 is satans friend! 2014-07-17 01:52:30

At 7/17/14 12:50 AM, Omega wrote: @Satan

Dammit you beat me.

OP, have you tried disabling hardware acceleration?

Response to Adobe Flash 14 is satans friend! 2014-07-17 10:33:00

At 7/17/14 01:52 AM, NGPulp wrote:
Dammit you beat me.

OP, have you tried disabling hardware acceleration?

As I said i tried everything INCLUDING DISABLING HARDWARE ACCELERATION, turning off write combining, going through every last troubleshooting step available through MS (like that is any help at all) Adobe (which was about as worth while as coating myself in shaving cream in an attempt to get a sun tan at night time) and a few online through other sites including the Mozilla and Ubuntu sites (Since I have a computer that uses Ubuntu I thought it was worth a shot). This has got me perplexted to no end.

Response to Adobe Flash 14 is satans friend! 2014-07-17 10:34:01

At 7/17/14 10:16 AM, Satan wrote:
I have been summoned.

OP, you can't go around making accusations like that.

Praise Satan!

BTW, you are known for torment. I was sure you might have had something to do with this...

Response to Adobe Flash 14 is satans friend! 2014-07-17 11:46:25

>new software doesn't perform on 12 year old hardware

Gee fucking wizz, captain your computer sucks shit.

life can be real fuckin crazy

BBS Signature

Response to Adobe Flash 14 is satans friend! 2014-07-20 18:29:40

At 7/17/14 11:46 AM, Kogey wrote: >new software doesn't perform on 12 year old hardware

Gee fucking wizz, captain your computer sucks shit.

I agree. two days ago my computer completely barfed and died. The motherboard went bad and almost took out the hard drive completely. I managed to repair the hard drive enough to retrieve the data on it (PRAISE SATAN!) so I didn't loose any of my work on it but I had to resort to an older computer to do the data save. I am now forced into upgrading but the good news is I have found a new core duo bundle that would get me a couple of years at least until I can really upgrade to the monster build I want to do.

Still, the dead motherboard did me no favors. It almost completely killed my hard drive and that would have been a disaster for me. Thankfully I can back everything up to stick drives (usb) and take a hammer to the almost dead drive. Chkdsk had to be run five times just to get into the damn drive but I succeed. Honestly though, the fact I got so many years out of my machine says a lot considering it was built in the era of the Capacitor Plague. If I can squeeze up $300 I can upgrade sufficiently to go another 10 years. Till then though...

I hate it when money is so damn tight.

Response to Adobe Flash 14 is satans friend! 2014-07-20 18:43:13

Did you try rebooting?

nah j/k bruv

Which browser are you using? Flash lags for me on Firefox but not Chrome/IE.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature