00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zpredojev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why are rich people

3,185 Views | 62 Replies

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 01:27:41

They like to save money.
Saving money can help you.

Got nothing against that.

Unless of course, it's a false pretense.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 01:35:15

At 7/19/14 12:54 AM, Bill-Premo wrote: If you removed the higher ups there would be no business, there would be no organization. If you removed the workers there would be no labor. But you need both, if you got rid of the higher ups there would be no one to need workers.

Would workers magically show up to a job that doesn't exist that no one hired them to do? Or is your argument that you get people to create businesses and then remove the higher ups after they hire a whole labor force? Your wage gap argument could be more nuanced instead of simple black and white reasoning.

Higher-ups aren't strictly necessary whereas the workers are. You can have a business with just an owner and workers without any sort of upper-management. You cannot have a business composed of just an owner and management without any sort of workers. Organization is useful and desirable, but not strictly necessary.

Basically the real workers are under-valued while the "upper crust" are over-valued.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 01:39:40

At 7/18/14 04:23 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Type #1: Rich people earned it! They all saved up and worked hard to get where they are! They deserve it! They work harder than anyone else!

Type #2: Rich people got where they are by exploiting others. Cronyism helped them advance or they've been privileged from the start. Other people do all the work while they sit back and reap the benefits.

Now obviously there are some rich people who could fit either type, but if you believe most rich people are like Type #1 congratulations on completely buying into their BS.

If you believe most of the rich instead fit in Type #2 above, congratulations on actually having a brain!

Wow, you couldnt have put that in a more pathetic way ever. Congrats! You just showed me how stupid you are. What bullshit are taking?

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 02:01:37

At 7/19/14 01:35 AM, NeonSpider wrote: Basically the real workers are under-valued while the "upper crust" are over-valued.

Isn't this common knowledge by now?

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 02:09:15

At 7/19/14 01:22 AM, Entice wrote:

If your house looks something like this, you're not middle class.

Why are rich people

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 02:11:47

This is more middle-class

Why are rich people

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 02:28:16

At 7/19/14 02:01 AM, NGPulp wrote:
At 7/19/14 01:35 AM, NeonSpider wrote: Basically the real workers are under-valued while the "upper crust" are over-valued.
Isn't this common knowledge by now?

You would think so, but judging by some people's responses, nope.

Because apparently all those rich people got their money strictly from hard work according to some. (Yeah they can keep telling themselves that)

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 02:43:17

At 7/19/14 02:30 AM, Manly-Chicken wrote: Because the less you spend, the more financial secure you are no matter what social class you're in.

This is true. And there are ways to spend less without being a cheapskate about it. Instead of stiffing a waitress or delivery person on their tip, choose not to use those services or choose to purchase less expensive items so you can include a tip, or choose to use those services less frequently so you can tip. Instead of purchasing cheaper quality goods that wear out faster, choose to purchase higher quality goods which are within your price range -- initial price is higher, but long-term will probably be lower because less replacement/etc

Spending little money is fine. Being a cheapskate should be frowned upon.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 02:44:02

At 7/19/14 02:28 AM, NeonSpider wrote: Because apparently all those rich people got their money strictly from hard work according to some. (Yeah they can keep telling themselves that)

Don't be too arrogant about the issue.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 02:51:27

At 7/19/14 02:32 AM, Xenomit wrote: Not manual labor, no, but there are lots of rich people who genuinely did do a lot of mentally hard work and take a lot of risks that could have ruined them to get their money. Bill Gates and most large company founders are fine examples.

I don't have a problem with rich people as long as they aren't as greedy as they could possibly be about it. Most poor people I know are the most selfless people I know, despite them being the ones who could benefit from being selfish more than anyone else.

I agree. I don't have a problem with non-greedy rich people but those usually are people who really did work hard to become rich in the first place so they know how it is. And they usually do have considerable actual skills. Certainly there are rich people like this.

It's moreso the ones who take being rich for granted who didn't really "earn" their place I take issue with. Especially if they're incredibly rude and greedy.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 03:02:40

Although I do agree, the majority of "rich people" are greedy little chicken nuggets, not all of them are these bad people who take advantage of whoever they can. Some have put in a lot of hard work, mostly mentally, having big strong muscles isn't going to get you anywhere unless that "muscle" is your brain. There are some who actually care about pushing humanity forward and making the world a better place. Unfortunately the majority give in to the "power" and become greedy and selfish.

Not all rich people are Leonardo da Vinci either, the majority don't have these genius ideas and have plans for technology years ahead of it's time. The majority simply know how to put their money to work, they know where and how to invest, some get lucky, and some just outright take advantage of people. Do you think Bill Gates is a billionare because he's responsible for creating such an amazing software? Pft of course not and he has his team of minions do the majority of the work for him, and he knows how to invest his money wisely and not waste it.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 03:11:55

At 7/19/14 02:51 AM, NeonSpider wrote: It's moreso the ones who take being rich for granted who didn't really "earn" their place I take issue with. Especially if they're incredibly rude and greedy.

Well, don't we all hate 'em?

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 03:16:56

At 7/19/14 03:02 AM, dumbclowny wrote: Although I do agree, the majority of "rich people" are greedy little chicken nuggets, not all of them are these bad people who take advantage of whoever they can. Some have put in a lot of hard work, mostly mentally, having big strong muscles isn't going to get you anywhere unless that "muscle" is your brain. There are some who actually care about pushing humanity forward and making the world a better place. Unfortunately the majority give in to the "power" and become greedy and selfish.

Not all rich people are Leonardo da Vinci either, the majority don't have these genius ideas and have plans for technology years ahead of it's time. The majority simply know how to put their money to work, they know where and how to invest, some get lucky, and some just outright take advantage of people. Do you think Bill Gates is a billionare because he's responsible for creating such an amazing software? Pft of course not and he has his team of minions do the majority of the work for him, and he knows how to invest his money wisely and not waste it.

I agree with this. Also I agree Bill Gates (or any other corporate founder) didn't do all the work but at least he's capable of doing the work if necessary. He's not incompetent. I have much more respect for someone like that than one of these career corporate executives that just hops from business to business or similar types who have no real knowledge of how to do what it is that their business primarily does.

Stellar first post by the way!

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 03:37:38

At 7/19/14 02:11 AM, NeonSpider wrote: This is more middle-class

I'm so fucking poor.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 03:49:15

At 7/19/14 03:16 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 7/19/14 03:02 AM, dumbclowny wrote:
I agree with this. Also I agree Bill Gates (or any other corporate founder) didn't do all the work but at least he's capable of doing the work if necessary. He's not incompetent. I have much more respect for someone like that than one of these career corporate executives that just hops from business to business or similar types who have no real knowledge of how to do what it is that their business primarily does.

Of course, Bill Gates is more than capable of carrying out the tasks if he put time into it, and he is indeed a very big part in creating the company/products and especially was at first.

And thanks! aha

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 04:18:04

At 7/19/14 03:02 AM, dumbclowny wrote: .

Hey, Dumbclowny; Welcome to Newgrounds.

- Don't let Dovahkhiin1994's huge ego hit you on the way out.
- Remember to always feed the trolls, you know how hungry they are.
- Also a protip: Don't take these here forums too seriously, unless you know it's pretty damned important.
- Don't diss Yurgenburgen.
- He's one of the secret moderators.
- Never fuck around with Wade or Tom or else you're dead.
- Just abide by the rules when they need abiding (i.e, Never.)
- Don't diss the staff.
- We can't shut up about the chat.
- Viper sold his soul to the devil.
- If you ask for stuff (ex. "Ban me"), they mods sure will fulfill your requests.
- Also, there used to be a rule against "I'm new here" topics, but that's changed.
- Don't be a jerk when reviewing and rating content.
- If Vnzi asks you to wear red shades, WEAR 'EM.
- Then again, Vnzi is dead now.
- Beware of the Soup Squad.
- SubliminalVirus could teach you all about BSDM, if that's your thing.
- Makakaov can tell you all about his experiences with the idiosyncrasies of American life.
- Xenomit isn't necessarily a furry just because of his icon, dick.
- Anagrams can be fun for dyslexics.
- DigsBot is a cool animator.
- ButzboPrud, too.
- Lots of cool animators, actually.
- NeonSpider's a cool BBS poster.
- Lots of cool BBS posters, actually.
- The NG Chat and Store are gone, now shut up.
- Don't be an asshole, to yourself and to others.
- Or do, I don't give a shit.
- Rate 5.
- Asandir could interview you.
- So could a few other folks, as well.
- Radekator doesn't want to be eaten.
- Slint is a "pretty hate machine".
- WahyahRanger is the First National Bank of Joe.
- If you want to pet a kitty, ask SCET3. That is all.
- Please no /b/tards.
- Also, don't be racist!
- I miss the chat.
- Want depressing news stories? TheGameChanger could give you some of that (also Yeti spam.)
- When posting content, make sure it isn't crap.
- The reviews system for threads is still a pending suggestion.
- Make sure to pour out your heart and soul to every single piece of text in your reply.
- Egoraptor "betrayed us".
- TVTropes is fuckin' entertaining.
- If you love TVTropes, you'll hate Weeaboo. Since you'll confuse the term with this user and vice versa.
- Make sure to always wear an umbrella.
- Start with the Newgrounds classic movies and games such as Alien Hominid, Dad's Home, There she is!!!, Animator v. Animation, Pico and Telebubby Funland.
- We like hating on things because it's "edgy".
- None of us believe in the friendzone.
- FiendMachine does, though.
- Everyone misses the chat.
- Phobotech keeps on thinking about joining the army.
- Leave me alone.
- Dara6789 ought to cut herself with that knife she bought.
- Natick is actually Terezi Pyrope in disguise. Not a clever disguise at that; hates 'pity parties'.
- Koopahermit is actually a bearded man wearing a bowler hat who's in the tropics.
- Dalexj1337 still hasn't drawn your avatar just like his yet, hasn't he?
- General is secretly the Video Game forum in disguise.
- Piggler likes pigs. (Running out of ideas, here.)
- When will they bring the chat back?
- That NG BBS Fighting Game seriously needs to be made.
- Newgrounds was created for our lord and master Tom to show off his stuff, but now it's for anyone to show off their stuff.
- Lots of social networks ripped us off.
- Newgrounds used to have hentai ads.
- When in doubt; Beep-Me-Jesus!
- Monster-64 is angry 24/7.
- Go deep inside the recesses of ManDeep.
- Chronamut likes to advertise his sig in the form of shitposts.
- You can never be the king of the portal. No one can trump our lord and master.
- "The problems of the future, today!" was the best slogan ever. (Can I have it now?)
- "IF YOU JUST WANNA HAVE FUNNNNNNNNN ):" go to SukiWukiDookie.
- Please for the love of god don't resurrect the "Wazzup!" bandwagon.
- All your base are belong to horrible grammar.
- Joe is rather concerned with JohnnyUtah.
- Life sucks without the chat.
- The NSA is toadally watchin' you, man.
- Nothing is real.
- Art is a lie.
- SuperGhandi64 hurr durr.
- exudaz thought he was a somebody.
- Memes are old and stupid, we're tired of it.
- Threads, Are They Real?
- Happy Birthday to you in advance.
- PotHeadParadise is probably one of my favorite users.
- Everyone here is a wannabe comedian.
- Urban-Champion is sorry for having a sense of humor.
- SubparTony is actually just on-par. (I apologize.)
- The literature portal will come, eventually.
- Everyone just absolutely loves you. Never forget that.
- Never forget The Alamo, too.
- Newgrounds is now 75% worse because the chat's gone.
- Necrobumping can be fun.
- I didn't steal your hentai, JRob
- When will Jesus bring the pork chops?!
- Try not to get a nice shiny ban.
- Don't want to be offended? Ask Sense-Offender.
- Everyone absolutely and totally hates the new redesign.
- Don't tell me 'bout how you can't get no satisfaction.
- "Madness" can be quite violent at times, but other than that it's fine.
- Why can't I stop talking about that damn chat?
- TomFulp's upcoming game is "Captain Red-Eye and the Shitting Pig Menace".
- Now that everything's over with...
- Feel free to watch our endless collection of furry midget hentai.
- NGPulp would like to apologize for this long set of tasteless jokes.
- The BBC would, too. Unfortunately they're busy suing Tom's ass over Telebubby Fun Land.

added stuff

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 06:24:00

I like to save a lot of money, and I hate spending on stuff that should be twice the actual price.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 08:46:11

At 7/18/14 09:35 PM, NeonSpider wrote: So bossing people around is harder than actually doing the work? Right right. You know when the tables are turned most of those higher level types can't do any actual real work at all.

u r dumb

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 08:57:29

At 7/19/14 08:46 AM, Slint wrote: u r dumb

I guess I r 2 dumb 4 u. ur grammar iz just 2 gud. wow so amaze!

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 12:55:19

Thats more upper middle-class.
I'm middle-class and my house isn't half as nice as that.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 15:04:29

Some rich people just hate spending money. It's partially how they got rich.
Think of Scrooge McDuck.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 18:00:56

At 7/19/14 12:55 PM, Viper wrote:
Thats more upper middle-class.
I'm middle-class and my house isn't half as nice as that.

Which is fine. I was more trying to point out how there are people who have houses closer to that first house who consider themselves just middle class, when really they're not. Maybe not quite as nice as that first house but definitely a lot nicer than the second one. Really nice neighborhoods too. People who'll spend $20+ a day on entertainment but claim "that's not much" and they're "not rich" and their house looks something like that.

If you had that second house you'd have a nice house. Wouldn't be someone I would consider rich but they would have a nice house for sure. I mean you gotta put the cutoff somewhere.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-20 00:00:36

At 7/19/14 03:47 PM, Quorthon wrote: i wish i was rich :(

Well you won't if you just wish for it.

You get rich by working hard-- or exploiting those who work hard.
Whichever comes first.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-20 00:15:50

At 7/20/14 12:00 AM, NGPulp wrote:
Well you won't if you just wish for it.

Whichever comes first.

This is 100% correct although you've forgotten the third way, which is to be born rich.

Really though I wish more people would get there the "working hard" way rather than the exploiting people way.

Also the more you already have the easier it is to acquire even more, so there is a sort of exponential difficulty curve in place hindering newcomers and in favor of existing rich anyway.

I can respect someone who is rich because of legitimate skills. Not so much for people who are rich because of business shrewdness. Actually if someone's only skills are "business" I don't have a lot of respect for that. Rich doctor? He earned it. Rich inventor? He earned it. Rich entertainer? He earned it. Rich businessman? He probably got there via exploiting people.

So many businesses which lobby government to make laws in their favor and so forth. It's definitely not in the interests of the majority of the people.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-20 01:00:40

At 7/20/14 12:15 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 7/20/14 12:00 AM, NGPulp wrote:
Whichever comes first.
This is 100% correct although you've forgotten the third way, which is to be born rich.

Ah yes, forgot about that way.

I think most major conglomerates started with a hard-working fellow, then when they handed down the company to their children who were born rich, they started to exploit the workers under them.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-20 01:45:33

At 7/20/14 01:00 AM, NGPulp wrote: Ah yes, forgot about that way.

There's actually a fourth way, which is to get exceedingly lucky for example by winning the lottery. Most people who get rich this way end up blowing all their winnings and don't stay rich for long however.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-20 02:35:44

At 7/20/14 01:45 AM, NeonSpider wrote: There's actually a fourth way, which is to get exceedingly lucky for example by winning the lottery. Most people who get rich this way end up blowing all their winnings and don't stay rich for long however.

There are several ways to get rich, really.

- Getting lucky
- Conning others
- Exploiting others
- Working hard
- Being born rich
- Counterfeit
- Illegal businesses

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-20 17:18:24

At 7/19/14 04:18 AM, NGPulp wrote:
At 7/19/14 03:02 AM, dumbclowny wrote: .
Hey, Dumbclowny; Welcome to Newgrounds.

- stuff
- Remember to always feed the trolls, you know how hungry they are.

-Very Informitave
-I really feel welcome :D
-secret staff, interesting
-why the hell don't they add chat back
-what happened to the hentai ads I'm sure they made many of us happy and horny
-nice to meet you
-hope to get to know you better :P

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-20 19:38:42

At 7/20/14 05:18 PM, dumbclowny wrote: -Very Informitave
-I really feel welcome :D
-nice to meet you
-hope to get to know you better :P

You're welcome, man.

It's nothing really.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-20 19:54:10

At 7/20/14 07:45 PM, Voltage wrote: Other ways:

- Exploiting others

Extortion
Robbing
Mug a rich family

- Illegal businesses

Ponzi scheming
Drug dealing
Red pawning
Prostitution (exploiting oneself)

I guess this one counts as an effortless but high-paying job:

Become a photographer
Create a successful ad

I might add that becoming a successful (but talentless) YouTube partner can be considered as something of this nature.