00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

iiRainbowPoptartzii just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why are rich people

3,172 Views | 62 Replies

Why are rich people 2014-07-16 19:12:00

Why are rich people always complaining about money and about how much stuff costs? And also not necessarily rich people but people who are well-enough off who do the same thing.

Oh woe is you. You live in a nice house, have nice things, have an easy job (Yes easy. If jobs were paid based on their difficulty most of the lower-end workers would be making a hell of a lot more money than the higher-up "management" folks and above). And they complain if something is like a couple dollars more than they're accustomed to. Even go out of their way to buy cheap crap rather than better stuff just because it was a little less expensive.

Basically the worst cheapskates I've ever seen have all been people who had enough money. And it's usually these people too who won't tip their waitress/pizza guy/etc... and just tell them to "get a real job" as their "tip" while sitting back smugly in some easy high-paying job they were more-than-likely just lucky to get anyway. Or had the right connections to begin with. And really if you don't "support" a tip-based system then don't use those services because by using the services you are supporting such a system. Stiffing the waitress won't improve her standing and won't teach her any "important job lesson" other than you're a douche.

Also lol all these "not rich" people who have expensive as hell nice houses but just consider themselves "middle class".

And I know for fact there are millionaires who frequent thrift stores just so they don't have to spend extra money. And not as donators but for the savings as customers, and to try to "score deals".

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-16 19:14:48

I guess you can consider me to be in the middle class.

im not going to deal with this stupid nonsense.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 00:48:09

I have a friend who very wealthy that lives relatively close to me. He's an awesome guy who is always willing to help out a friend in need (or want ;D). However I have made a promise to him.

If he decides to make a turn for the worst by acting like a douchey rich kid anytime in his life to anyone, I will probably hunt him down and unleash a pack of rabid wolverines on his ass.

Ever since I've told him that he seems so much nicer than usual. :)

Thought you'd always be mine...

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 03:20:36

It's probably why they're rich. They know how to conserve money.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 04:10:16

At 7/16/14 07:12 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Words.

You have air in your lungs and an internet connection and you spend this wealth by bitching about others who are in turn complaining themselves?

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 06:30:31

Greed; they have a selfish need to accumulate more so that they can convince themselves, and hopefully others, of their own worth as a human. They are short-sighted and ignorant, seeing only their issues, and petty issues at that, avoiding the more pressing concerns of the world so that they do not have to face their true motivations.

Fear; they know that, in spite of what Mitt Romney would have us believe, wealth is largely determined by chance. They are able to hold on to the illusion of self-grandeur and superiority but deep inside the terror of the truth haunts them. The worry that the wealth could disappear as quickly as it appeared, and so they take every opportunity to keep it in sight and conserve as much of it as possible.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 06:41:52

Becouse they are rich

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 07:25:18

At 7/16/14 07:12 PM, NeonSpider wrote: stuff

What a horrid sound plebs make when they are upset.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 08:13:05

The second hander rambles on success.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 10:23:25

Humans are weird creatures. The more you give them, the more they want.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 11:19:15

My dad is surprised when the big water bottles cost 2 more dollars then they were a week ago. My dad complains when the gasoline costs 2 more dollars than the last time he came, he complains of such small raises in products, like seriously, I have no problem in paying 2 more dollars.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 11:55:43

At 7/16/14 07:12 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
Oh woe is you. You live in a nice house, have nice things, have an easy job (Yes easy. If jobs were paid based on their difficulty most of the lower-end workers would be making a hell of a lot more money than the higher-up "management" folks and above). And they complain if something is like a couple dollars more than they're accustomed to. Even go out of their way to buy cheap crap rather than better stuff just because it was a little less expensive.

I wouldn't say management is easier than manual labor. You have to oversee operations to make sure each employee is doing their job properly and troubleshoot any problems your employees come across, which sometimes will be a complete pain in the ass and could be a setback in your operations. get higher up in the chain and you have to constantly travel to find new clients to use your product(s) and or service(s) which can be both mentally and physically draining after doing it long enough.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 11:59:06

I'm Middle Class.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 12:02:33

Money is power.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 12:08:54

At 7/16/14 07:14 PM, dara6789 wrote: I guess you can consider me to be in the middle class.

im not going to deal with this stupid nonsense.

So are you one of those "not rich" people who have expensive as hell nice houses but just consider themselves "middle class"?

At 7/18/14 11:19 AM, Aknoay wrote: My dad complains when the gasoline costs 2 more dollars than the last time he came, I have no problem in paying 2 more dollars.

Gasoline is by the gallon though so if each gallon costs two dollars more, it ends up amounting to a pretty high number.
A car doesn't get filled with only one gallon so if you did pay those two dollars you'd only pay ONE gallon which is almost nothing.

at least i think it's nothing, i have no idea how much liters a gallon is.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 12:15:30

At 7/18/14 12:08 PM, Radaketor wrote: So are you one of those "not rich" people who have expensive as hell nice houses but just consider themselves "middle class"?

Um, well I wouldn't consider myself as "not rich", but at the same time I also wouldn't consider myself as "poor". I make good money and pretty much self sufficient. What about you?

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 12:20:15

At 7/18/14 12:15 PM, dara6789 wrote: What about you?

By my country's standards, poor.
By Africa's standards, GOLDEN GOD OF MONEY.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 12:21:25

At 7/18/14 12:20 PM, Radaketor wrote:
At 7/18/14 12:15 PM, dara6789 wrote: What about you?
By my country's standards, poor.
By Africa's standards, GOLDEN GOD OF MONEY.

Well, that's sad but good to hear.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 12:53:14

At 7/18/14 12:50 PM, Voltage wrote:
At 7/18/14 12:20 PM, Radaketor wrote: By Africa's standards, GOLDEN GOD OF MONEY.
no radaketor, food. that paper ain't nothing, you'd look much better roasting over a camp fire to them

Well i am pretty delicious.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 13:14:42

At 7/16/14 07:12 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Why are rich people always complaining about money and about how much stuff costs? And also not necessarily rich people but people who are well-enough off who do the same thing.

That's odd, most rich people don't complain about the price of things unless they are a Scrooge-like miser. Even rich people have to work with a budget, even if it is bigger than most others, financial responsibility is the same in whatever class you are in, something that a lot of people don't comprehend.

I see that a mix of jealousy and absurdity is flowing through you and your argument now, telling people how to spend their money and railing against those who have a shred of financial sense. Seriously, you have no leg to honestly stand on that isn't based on jealousy and stereotyping (which for you is a ridiculously common flaw in your arguments) that even if it has some degree of validity, it's hard to actually to believe in you without a grain of salt, a big grain.

Basically the worst cheapskates I've ever seen have all been people who had enough money. And it's usually these people too who won't tip their waitress/pizza guy/etc... and just tell them to "get a real job" as their "tip" while sitting back smugly in some easy high-paying job they were more-than-likely just lucky to get anyway.

Yes, because all rich people are like this, how dare they conform to your stereotype of being miserly and elitist. Once again, jealousy and sour grapes is clouding your judgement.

Or had the right connections to begin with. And really if you don't "support" a tip-based system then don't use those services because by using the services you are supporting such a system. Stiffing the waitress won't improve her standing and won't teach her any "important job lesson" other than you're a douche.

I'm sorry, it's not your goddamn money, telling them how to spend their money is more irresponsible then them being miserly with their money just because they can. Please don't tell me that you're one of those hipster, bourgeoise-hating, freaks who have nothing better to do but piss and moan about how rich people act and how you're not one of them.

I'll bet you're the kind of person who'll throw a fucking rock at a rich guy's Hummer because you percieve that he "doesn't deserve it" for being in a family of wealth.

Also lol all these "not rich" people who have expensive as hell nice houses but just consider themselves "middle class".

And that makes a difference why?

And I know for fact there are millionaires who frequent thrift stores just so they don't have to spend extra money. And not as donators but for the savings as customers, and to try to "score deals".

Yeah, just keep digging that proverbial hole you're already in with your argument. You're more likely to find someone buy Star Trek condoms before you find a millionaire shop and get their clothes at a thrift store.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 15:25:02

I have a friend named Steve.
He thinks he's a millionaire, but he's not.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 16:07:58

At 7/18/14 01:14 PM, orangebomb wrote: unless they are a Scrooge-like miser.

Believe it or not, these people exist.

jealousy

Nope. Just don't like cheapskates. Not "jealous" that some douche doesn't tip their waitress. I still think he's a douche.

I'll bet you're the kind of person who'll throw a fucking rock at a rich guy's Hummer because you percieve that he "doesn't deserve it" for being in a family of wealth.

Groundless accusation.

And that makes a difference why?

Because there's such a thing as rich in denial. An actual middle class person would have a middle class home, not a rich person's home.

Yeah, just keep digging that proverbial hole you're already in with your argument. You're more likely to find someone buy Star Trek condoms before you find a millionaire shop and get their clothes at a thrift store.

If I had a dollar for every time you were wrong, I'd be rich.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 16:23:08

Also it seems there are two kinds of people in this thread.

Type #1: Rich people earned it! They all saved up and worked hard to get where they are! They deserve it! They work harder than anyone else!

Type #2: Rich people got where they are by exploiting others. Cronyism helped them advance or they've been privileged from the start. Other people do all the work while they sit back and reap the benefits.

Now obviously there are some rich people who could fit either type, but if you believe most rich people are like Type #1 congratulations on completely buying into their BS.

If you believe most of the rich instead fit in Type #2 above, congratulations on actually having a brain!

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 17:54:45

At 7/18/14 04:07 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Believe it or not, these people exist.

I never said that they didn't exist, I'm saying that you're making it bigger deal than what it really is. You're in no position to tell them how they should be spending their money, complaining about it is sour grapes.

Nope. Just don't like cheapskates. Not "jealous" that some douche doesn't tip their waitress. I still think he's a douche.

Regardless of how you feel, it's not your place to bitch about how said douchebag spends his money. Cheapskates are everywhere in all social classes, and a lot of them know common financial sense. If you hate them so much for doing something that doesn't affect you, then just ignore it.

Because there's such a thing as rich in denial. An actual middle class person would have a middle class home, not a rich person's home.

Oh, I'm sorry, I don't ever recall that being a requirement for being rich was having a fucking mansion or very nice home. Using that logic, every rich person must buy a house that may be beyond their own means a la MC Hammer. Either way, you're not going to feel good about it, but then again what do you care?

If I had a dollar for every time you were wrong, I'd be rich.

Considering that your knowledge on most things are questionable at best and Klown-like at worst, you ain't exactly raking in the dough here. But, let's assume that you're right here, that'll make you no different than the rich folks you bitch about through this thread, and you would have even less of a leg to stand on than you do now. Jealousy and hypocrisy, it is strong in you, young one.

Please go play with the highway traffic.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 19:32:00

Isn't that probably why they are rich in the first place, because they know how to properly manage their money?

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 19:41:35

At 7/18/14 07:32 PM, dx5231 wrote: Isn't that probably why they are rich in the first place, because they know how to properly manage their money?

It's not all about money management though. Being a cheapskate isn't having good money management -- it's just being cheapskate. You can spend the same amount of money or less without being a cheapskate.

For example, instead of stiffing someone out of a tip (cheapskate move) someone could instead opt simply not to use those services (costs less money and isn't cheapskate).

Also assuming someone got rich because of good money management is assuming they legitimately got to where they are which, more often than not, is not the case. The more likely case is they got to where they are by stepping on everyone else along the way and crony capitalism *or* they inherited wealth.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 21:13:24

At 7/16/14 07:12 PM, NeonSpider wrote: If jobs were paid based on their difficulty most of the lower-end workers would be making a hell of a lot more money than the higher-up "management" folks and above

r u dumb

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-18 21:35:49

At 7/18/14 09:13 PM, Slint wrote:
At 7/16/14 07:12 PM, NeonSpider wrote: If jobs were paid based on their difficulty most of the lower-end workers would be making a hell of a lot more money than the higher-up "management" folks and above
r u dumb

So bossing people around is harder than actually doing the work? Right right. You know when the tables are turned most of those higher level types can't do any actual real work at all.

If you were to remove the higher-ups you would still have a business, albeit perhaps less organized.
If you were to remove all the workers you wouldn't have a business at all.
So which of the two is more important hmm?

And are you suggesting the wage gaps in America aren't ludicrous? Because they are.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 00:54:36

At 7/18/14 09:35 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 7/18/14 09:13 PM, Slint wrote:
r u dumb
So bossing people around is harder than actually doing the work? Right right. You know when the tables are turned most of those higher level types can't do any actual real work at all.

If you were to remove the higher-ups you would still have a business, albeit perhaps less organized.
If you were to remove all the workers you wouldn't have a business at all.
So which of the two is more important hmm?

And are you suggesting the wage gaps in America aren't ludicrous? Because they are.

If you removed the higher ups there would be no business, there would be no organization. If you removed the workers there would be no labor. But you need both, if you got rid of the higher ups there would be no one to need workers.

Would workers magically show up to a job that doesn't exist that no one hired them to do? Or is your argument that you get people to create businesses and then remove the higher ups after they hire a whole labor force? Your wage gap argument could be more nuanced instead of simple black and white reasoning.

Response to Why are rich people 2014-07-19 01:26:08

I hate it when rich teens say stuff like: "I hate my dad! He got me a Lamborghini and I asked for a Ferrari!!" Be happy that you got a car, you spoilt cunt

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature