00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Poor reptile

774 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Poor reptile 2014-07-14 10:59:29

has anyone noticed that reptile has been getting craped on ever since mk4. its like nrs was thinking "hey lets this proud reptilian warrior with a cool backstory into a useless, mute, dumbass, punching bag who contributes nothing to the story what so ever...oh yeah and lets keep giving him terrible designs too.(Mk9 reptile=walking green pigeon)

Poor reptile

BBS Signature

Response to Poor reptile 2014-07-14 14:40:17

Nah, I prefer Reptile actually looking like a lizard man instead of another color swapped ninja like in MK3. The designs of Scorpion and the rest are better now, too, actually having things that differentiate them beyond the colors, especially Ermac and Reptile. But I do miss cyborg Smoke. I'm happy with Netherrealm Studios. MK9 is by far the best MK since UMK3.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Poor reptile 2014-07-14 16:24:48

I've got nothing but love for reptile. He has two of the coolest theme songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI-Takf76RY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULS27Wak6-8

BBS Signature

Response to Poor reptile 2014-07-14 21:06:09

At 7/14/14 02:40 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Nah, I prefer Reptile actually looking like a lizard man instead of another color swapped ninja like in MK3. The designs of Scorpion and the rest are better now, too, actually having things that differentiate them beyond the colors, especially Ermac and Reptile. But I do miss cyborg Smoke. I'm happy with Netherrealm Studios. MK9 is by far the best MK since UMK3.

to me they only got the lizard look right on mksm(though the rags on his face wasn't needed) and his alternate in mk9.in my opinion I think mk4 was his worst design. metal diaper wtf

Poor reptile

BBS Signature

Response to Poor reptile 2014-07-14 21:34:41

unrelated am I the only one who thinks mk3 was a rip off of killer instinct

BBS Signature

Response to Poor reptile 2014-07-14 22:13:29

At 7/14/14 09:34 PM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote: unrelated am I the only one who thinks mk3 was a rip off of killer instinct

I never noticed similarities between being that it was made a year later but what is it the Robust Combo system?

Response to Poor reptile 2014-07-15 05:19:23

At 7/14/14 10:13 PM, argile wrote:
At 7/14/14 09:34 PM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote: unrelated am I the only one who thinks mk3 was a rip off of killer instinct
I never noticed similarities between being that it was made a year later but what is it the Robust Combo system?

the combos, the urban theme, and half ki's characters

Poor reptile

BBS Signature

Response to Poor reptile 2014-07-15 20:41:20

At 7/15/14 05:19 AM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote:
At 7/14/14 10:13 PM, argile wrote:
the combos, the urban theme, and half ki's characters

I think both Fulgore and the cyborg Lin Kuei characters owe a bit to Predator. The last one next to Motaro, I don't even recognize, but that doesn't look much like a centaur/minotaur hybrid to me beyond having what appear to be hoofs. And apparently, the creators of Killer Instinct actually based Combo on John Parrish, the guy who played Jax in the MK games. Plus, they probably got the idea of finishers from MK 1 and 2's fatalities. Not to say MK3 couldn't have gotten ideas from them in return, but calling it a ripoff of a game that probably had considerable inspiration from its own previous installments doesn't seem right.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Poor reptile 2014-07-15 23:19:28

I don't really like the way they decided to go full reptile with him later, I preferred the human with a reptile head under its mask type of thing like a lizard in a human skin rather than just going right to the edge and making him an bipeddled anthropomorphic lizard. But I guess as long as they are going to make female characters wearing literally just a few bandages as their entire costume which barely covers the genitals they may as well make some cheesecake for the furries also.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Poor reptile 2014-07-16 07:29:41

Look like Lizzard Man

Response to Poor reptile 2014-07-17 13:06:27

They should show more love to Reptile.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Poor reptile 2014-07-17 13:22:31

I miss the good ol' days of Reptile's retro look:

Poor reptile