00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RunicPixels just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Should I quit my job?

1,117 Views | 23 Replies

Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 00:43:01

So I worked as a pizza delivery driver from July of last year until this May, when my boss got rid of me because I had to take off a day and he didn't have any replacements.

So last week, it turns out the kid he replaced me with sucked, so he called me back and asked me if I wanted my hours back. Of course I accepted, because I hated being broke all summer and the other jobs I worked didn't work out too well.

I was kinda happy when they got rid of me the first time though, mostly because I hated my schedule. Tuesday nights,Thursday nights, Friday nights and all day Saturday (12pm-11pm). Now naturally that I got my job back, I'm having so many schedule conflicts with stuff that I really want to be doing with my summer. I don't need money that bad, especially how when I'm employed my parents take most of it anyway.

What the fuck should I do NG waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaa :( :( :'( :'''((((((( </3

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 00:50:29

In this economy i'd say you're lucky to have a job.

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 02:08:43

Don't ask me.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 02:25:11

My parents always told me it's easier to get a better job when you have a job than when you don't. Keep your job now, deal with schedule conflicts, and search for a job with better hours and maybe even better pay.

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 02:50:10

It's hard to answer these kinds of questions without knowing the value of each aspect to you. Example: you say you don't need the money "that" bad. Which is unclear, how bad exactly is it that you do need, or desire, the money? You jumped at the opportunity to take your job back, which certainly says something.

Only you can really weigh your choices. I would only advise you adequately consider your future while making your decisions.

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 03:00:14

At 7/14/14 12:50 AM, Patcoola wrote: In this economy i'd say you're lucky to have a job.

So damn true

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 03:13:20

I fuckin hate you guys

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 03:17:58

At 7/14/14 03:13 AM, mothballs wrote: I fuckin hate you guys

I guess the answer you are hunting for is yes, you should quit your job.

BBS Signature

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 03:18:31

I think you should. There are better jobs out there

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 07:52:01

your lucky to have a damn job

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 08:18:07

Man you still visit this site mothballs, that's awesome.

And about your job...Well, you should follow your dreams!

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 08:57:25

Don't-- or do, I don't know with you.

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 09:05:07

At 7/14/14 08:13 AM, WahyahRanger wrote: the First National Bank of Joe.

Holy fuck.

I'd go to a bank like that.
Fuckin' every day.

Take pictures of the place, hang out with the tellers.
Sounds like a cool joint to loiter around in.

Probably has sweet air-conditioning and smiling Mexican janitors sweeping the floors. Flowers hang from the ceiling and the tellers are all beautiful scantily-clad women. Everyone has a blunt on their hands and they're all happy. The whole place is white and clean from top to bottom, the floor is shiny and the walls are made of solid marble. Naked statues of WahyahRanger are on both sides of the entrance for decoration. His mother gets money there every day because it's nice in The First National Bank of Joe.

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 12:11:18

At 7/14/14 03:13 AM, mothballs wrote: I fuckin hate you guys

Why?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 12:17:50

At 7/14/14 12:50 AM, Patcoola wrote: In this economy i'd say you're lucky to have a job.

What the... is it 2008?

I can't believe people actually believe this or use it as an excuse in the year 2014. Christ, it isn't the 90s, but the economy isn't bad enough for you to not be able to pick and choose entry level work.

I say quit, OP, but only because delivery driving is a shitty line of work used to exploit young kids (one of my friends was one when we were teens, said it was a terrible job). The fact that you got fired for missing A DAY is downright ridiculous, and just shows that you won't have any job security.

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 13:13:02

Sure do what ever you want to do. Its your life. Why not?

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 15:45:30

At 7/14/14 12:17 PM, Rallard wrote:
What the... is it 2008?

I can't believe people actually believe this or use it as an excuse in the year 2014. Christ, it isn't the 90s, but the economy isn't bad enough for you to not be able to pick and choose entry level work.

Im not going to argue with you, every-bodies environment and situation is different.

For me, a lot of local jobs have been out sourced or given to temporary foreign works and with the high number of unemployment brings an employers market. Employers are allowed to be picky, an entry level position requires a minimum 2 years previous work experience in the field thous creating a catch 22 for people who hasn't worked in the field before.

I can go on and on about this stuff, but it really comes down to who you know not what you know.

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 17:23:52

Yes you should quit your job. That way someone who actually needs the job can have the job.

By quitting you are in fact helping to employ one other person and affording them an employment opportunity they may not otherwise have.

If you don't like or want the job, why should you be hired over someone who may actually need the money more?

Reminds me of a crappy roommate who was always talking about how he should quit his job at Walmart when he was lucky they'd even hire his dumb ass. If it was up to me I would never hire the guy for anything. About as stupid as they come and actually genuinely lucky Walmart would even hire him. An average ten year old would have more competence than this guy. Dumbass extraordinaire.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 17:44:26

At 7/14/14 05:23 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Yes you should quit your job. That way someone who actually needs the job can have the job.

This.

If you have all the money you need and having a job is hurting your quality of life, quit that shit. That's why it's called "fuck you money" brah.

BBS Signature

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 21:00:14

You knew all along you're not getting serious answers.

Well, you've brought this upon yourself.

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 21:01:50

If you aren't happy, find something else. There are tons of jobs out there.

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 22:27:16

At 7/14/14 09:00 PM, NGPulp wrote: You knew all along you're not getting serious answers.

Well, you've brought this upon yourself.

Actually my answer was completely serious. If he honestly feels that way and isn't hurting for money and hates the job, then he's honestly not as deserving to have that job as someone else who may need the money more and might appreciate it more.

Then I brought up an old roommate story. Still completely serious and topical but as related to a different person.

Obviously everyone's situation is different and etc but if OP has enough money and doesn't need the job, there are people out there who do need it.

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 22:42:19

At 7/14/14 10:27 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Actually my answer was completely serious.

Well, you know; the majority will just be trying to fuck OP over.

Response to Should I quit my job? 2014-07-14 22:46:13

At 7/14/14 10:42 PM, NGPulp wrote:
At 7/14/14 10:27 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Actually my answer was completely serious.
Well, you know; the majority will just be trying to fuck OP over.

Yeah, I get that. I still think someone else deserves the job more if OP is that unenthused about it and doesn't really need it (He claims he's good money-wise).

I'd rather the person who needs the job more and who might appreciate it more have the job. Nothing against OP. Just the way it is though.