00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help!! Love Situation

929 Views | 25 Replies

Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 13:52:47

So I recently met this girl at the beach, and we really (really) liked each other. Unfortunately, before I could even break the touch barrier, my family had to leave the beach to go back. We now keep in contact daily through WhatsApp, but we can only text each other so many times before the relationship goes stale. We live far away from each other, and before I can meet her again in person (which will be in a very long time), I'd like to keep making progress in the relationship. So do you guys know how to maintain a relationship from a far distance, and also keeping a certain flirtatiousness to it? Thanks a lot, guys

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 14:00:08

You may be way too invested in something that's never going to work. Is she ever the one to initiate contact?

BBS Signature

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 14:02:24

At 7/13/14 02:00 PM, DM692 wrote: You may be way too invested in something that's never going to work. Is she ever the one to initiate contact?

Yeah, she initiates conversation a lot.

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 14:04:59

There has to be trust between you guys, you have to trust her to not cheat on you and she has to trust you to not cheat on her while you're not even close to eachother.

If you're really into eachother your relationship will never go stale.

I never used WhatsApp but it sounds like just some text messaging shit, i'd suggest getting together on Skype if possible, you would be able to talk to eachother better and such.

You said it would be a very long time before you got together again, how long are we talking here? A few months? A year? And as for the progress you want to make, how far have you gone? Because being in a distant relationship there's only so much you can do.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 14:10:45

At 7/13/14 02:04 PM, Radaketor wrote: There has to be trust between you guys, you have to trust her to not cheat on you and she has to trust you to not cheat on her while you're not even close to eachother.

If you're really into eachother your relationship will never go stale.

I never used WhatsApp but it sounds like just some text messaging shit, i'd suggest getting together on Skype if possible, you would be able to talk to eachother better and such.

You said it would be a very long time before you got together again, how long are we talking here? A few months? A year? And as for the progress you want to make, how far have you gone? Because being in a distant relationship there's only so much you can do.

We do talk on Skype too, unfortunately we do it rarely as we are both quite busy, and when we do have a videocall, there's always her little sister or her protective father in the way, preventing me from flirting and similar stuff. It's likely that we'll see each other in a year since this vacation at the same beach happens only once a year, I'm trying to get to know where she lives better so that we can meet in person in maybe September. As for the relationship itself, there is a lot of attraction between us, but I wasn't even able to break the touch barrier before having to leave.

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 14:17:11

And your asking "newgrounds"................

thats funny

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 14:33:22

At 7/13/14 02:10 PM, dannywaving wrote: We do talk on Skype too, unfortunately we do it rarely as we are both quite busy, and when we do have a videocall, there's always her little sister or her protective father in the way, preventing me from flirting and similar stuff.

Does her father know that you two are together?

It's likely that we'll see each other in a year since this vacation at the same beach happens only once a year, I'm trying to get to know where she lives better so that we can meet in person in maybe September.

And do you trust her enough to wait for you that long? You may be getting your hopes up for just a fling that may be leading nowhere.

BBS Signature

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 14:41:10

At 7/13/14 02:17 PM, dara6789 wrote: And your asking "newgrounds"................
thats funny

He asked it because it's very likely that there are other people on Newgrounds that have distant relationships.

BBS Signature

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 14:48:17

At 7/13/14 02:41 PM, Radaketor wrote: He asked it because it's very likely that there are other people on Newgrounds that have distant relationships.

Well duhhhh. I was just joking. I am sure that there are several people who have very good relationships and/or has a good marriage or something. But yeah I was just joking.

huehuehue

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 14:49:21

But there are people who tend to be quite rude with there responses.

others that aren't me.

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 14:50:08

At 7/13/14 02:49 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 7/13/14 02:41 PM, Radaketor wrote:
At 7/13/14 02:17 PM, dara6789 wrote: And your asking "newgrounds"................
thats funny
He asked it because it's very likely that there are other people on Newgrounds that have distant relationships.
I have a distant relationship with your mom.

Papa?

BBS Signature

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 14:50:36

At 7/13/14 02:49 PM, Amaranthus wrote: I have a distant relationship with your mom.

niiiiiice

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 14:55:04

At 7/13/14 02:52 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 7/13/14 02:50 PM, Radaketor wrote:
At 7/13/14 02:49 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 7/13/14 02:41 PM, Radaketor wrote:
At 7/13/14 02:17 PM, dara6789 wrote:
Papa?
Let's play catch, son!

That's the one where we are both naked and chase after eachother, right?

BBS Signature

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 14:58:52

At 7/13/14 02:57 PM, Amaranthus wrote: What have I become?

A whore god.

*takes a bow to the greek god*

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 16:08:21

At 7/13/14 02:33 PM, Radaketor wrote:
At 7/13/14 02:10 PM, dannywaving wrote:

Does her father know that you two are together?

And do you trust her enough to wait for you that long? You may be getting your hopes up for just a fling that may be leading nowhere.

Well the father is aware that I'm flirting with her but we're not officially boyfriend and girlfriend yet. And I don't really know if she'll wait for me since a year is a long time. That's why I was asking for advice on how to maintain the relationship.

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 16:32:32

At 7/13/14 01:52 PM, dannywaving wrote: So I recently met this girl at the beach, and we really (really) liked each other. Unfortunately, before I could even break the touch barrier, my family had to leave the beach to go back. We now keep in contact daily through WhatsApp, but we can only text each other so many times before the relationship goes stale. We live far away from each other, and before I can meet her again in person (which will be in a very long time), I'd like to keep making progress in the relationship. So do you guys know how to maintain a relationship from a far distance, and also keeping a certain flirtatiousness to it? Thanks a lot, guys

One time, i met a girl. she was awesome. Loved everything i liked. but i forgot to ask her for her phone number. you know what i did? i went back to my computer to produce stuff for my self enjoyment. thats what.

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 21:00:33

Oh god.

Really?!

A love situation?!

Thread: 2/10
OP: 1/10

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-13 21:04:08

Personally I'd say cut her loose, but if you're really set on keeping things going you'll need to keep moving forward. You'll obviously have to keep flirting with her and keep the heat up until you can actually see her.

BBS Signature

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-14 05:02:19

At 7/13/14 04:08 PM, dannywaving wrote: Well the father is aware that I'm flirting with her but we're not officially boyfriend and girlfriend yet. And I don't really know if she'll wait for me since a year is a long time. That's why I was asking for advice on how to maintain the relationship.

Try to get to know eachother a bit more, i guess that would be the only piece of advice anyone can give you right about now. Since you don't even know if she'll wait for you yet i guess that means she's still trying to get to know you better.

BBS Signature

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-14 07:57:42

Love is when you love someone and you dont even know why
is that the situation like yours

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-14 08:06:45

At 7/14/14 07:57 AM, Indeks wrote: Love is when you love someone and you dont even know why

Yes it is

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-14 08:18:18

At 7/14/14 08:15 AM, WahyahRanger wrote:
At 7/14/14 08:06 AM, dannywaving wrote:
At 7/14/14 07:57 AM, Indeks wrote: Love is when you love someone and you dont even know why
Yes it is
That's so cheesy, I have diarrhea now.

I know i had diarrhea while i was writing it

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-14 08:19:26

step 1 get skype/facetime
step 2 flash ur dick in the camera (its what chicks dig yo)
step 3 ????
step 4 profit

!!!!

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-14 08:51:26

At 7/14/14 08:20 AM, WahyahRanger wrote: You do realize I life 100+ pound sofas at work and now I'm going to poop myself today?

This entire thread is so cheesy it gave me gonorrhea.

cheese can give you gonorrhea right?
please tell me that's how you get gonorrhea.

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-14 10:02:54

At 7/13/14 05:20 PM, Monster-64 wrote: Show her your six pack under you're penis.

I will teach the first person who catches my grammar mistake the ways of the dark side

It should be your and not you're. Also you forgot to put a dot after your second sentence.

Radaketor is my gay lil' buddy.

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Response to Help!! Love Situation 2014-07-15 22:02:14

If you both are interested, you both will make a long distance relationship to work.
You have to put in time and effort.
And really be open and honest with each other.
Talk about it, and don't be afraid to ask, even though it could go sour, it's better to know, than make it something it's not.

This coming from someone who is a long distance relationship, and been in them before.