00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Eyes Sensitive only to Smoke?

1,421 Views | 9 Replies

Eyes Sensitive only to Smoke? 2014-07-08 20:52:10

I've noticed that whenever there's certain things cooking in the kitchen, my eyes begin to burn up. This doesn't always happen, just occasionally, but I've never really figured out why. My eyes aren't sensitive in general, long exposure to sunlight, water, or even things like dust don't really irritate them more than the average person. Yet once in a while, when I'm in the kitchen while something is cooking, my eyes start to burn and tear up relatively quickly. The weirdest part is that no one else in my household seems to be affected by this.

Any ideas why this happens to me?

Response to Eyes Sensitive only to Smoke? 2014-07-08 21:05:20

I've noticed that whenever there's certain things cooking in the kitchen, my eyes begin to burn up. This doesn't always happen, just occasionally, but I've never really figured out why. My eyes aren't sensitive in general, long exposure to sunlight, water, or even things like dust don't really irritate them more than the average person. Yet once in a while, when I'm in the kitchen while something is cooking, my eyes start to burn and tear up relatively quickly. The weirdest part is that no one else in my household seems to be affected by this.

Response to Eyes Sensitive only to Smoke? 2014-07-08 21:06:45

At 7/8/14 08:54 PM, Entice wrote: Do the "certain things" have a particular spice or ingredient in them? Maybe peppers or something else with capsaicin in it?

I suppose that's a possibility, although it happened today while we were cooking tacos, and I don't think we added anything particularly spicy to the meat or beans. I add hot sauce to my tacos, but it isn't cooked or anything. I'm still curious as to why it only seems to happen to me though.

Response to Eyes Sensitive only to Smoke? 2014-07-08 21:07:01

At 7/8/14 09:05 PM, CoolSuomiGuy wrote:

Huh, I think I know someone who feels the same as you

~squiggly~

Response to Eyes Sensitive only to Smoke? 2014-07-08 21:11:50

At 7/8/14 09:05 PM, CoolSuomiGuy wrote: Stuff

You forgot to hit enter twice.

Response to Eyes Sensitive only to Smoke? 2014-07-08 21:13:49

Smoke is hot and dry which is a bad combination for eyes

This concludes science class with Gobblemeister

Response to Eyes Sensitive only to Smoke? 2014-07-08 21:16:53

At 7/8/14 09:13 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Smoke is hot and dry which is a bad combination for eyes

This concludes science class with Gobblemeister

I'm starting to think it has something to do with whatever's in the food being cooked, because now that I think about it, other times I've been around smoke didn't seem to affect them as badly. Such as being around a campfire.

Response to Eyes Sensitive only to Smoke? 2014-07-08 21:51:46

i aint ur doctor jayplays

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Eyes Sensitive only to Smoke? 2014-07-08 22:16:50

At 7/8/14 09:34 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Quit standing so close, oil splatters.

I think I would notice if oil got in my eyes.

At 7/8/14 09:53 PM, WahyahRanger wrote: Campfire smoke absolutely destroys me dude.

Hmm, the mystery deepens.

Response to Eyes Sensitive only to Smoke? 2014-07-09 03:23:15

My eyes also get sensitive when cooking some stuff when the room gets misty from the cooking etc.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature