00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Constructive Criticism??? Please :)

605 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I was just asking if you guys could tell me how I'm doing?? If there's things I could improve and such :) the first one I made in Flash, I was practicing shading and stuff, the second one was a project for English class, and as such a procrastinator that I am I did it the night before, and it came out okay I think, you know? I was rushing haha and the last one is Joel from the Last of Us, I'm trying to do good on this one, I'm taking my time :)

Response to Constructive Criticism??? Please :) 2014-07-08 17:59:23

Hello friend! I think your drawing looks decent, I can certainly see that you put your effort into making it. Although it could better if you grab the set of tools that fit most into the job, since Flash is primarily a program that is used in animations. I'm not saying that it is impossible to make great art with Flash mind you, but at the moment the capabilities that the software provides is fairly limited compared to programs like Photoshop or Paint Tool Sai.

What would make this picture great is if you manage to do some proper shading plus some blending, but doing that with Flash is a bit difficult. The colors look a bit stagnant, I think it would be great if you adjust the saturation and vibrancy a bit. You're doing a great job! Hope I keep seeing you around here. Cheers!

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Constructive Criticism??? Please :) 2014-07-08 18:07:59

At 7/8/14 05:59 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Hello friend! I think your drawing looks decent, I can certainly see that you put your effort into making it. Although it could better if you grab the set of tools that fit most into the job, since Flash is primarily a program that is used in animations. I'm not saying that it is impossible to make great art with Flash mind you, but at the moment the capabilities that the software provides is fairly limited compared to programs like Photoshop or Paint Tool Sai.

What would make this picture great is if you manage to do some proper shading plus some blending, but doing that with Flash is a bit difficult. The colors look a bit stagnant, I think it would be great if you adjust the saturation and vibrancy a bit. You're doing a great job! Hope I keep seeing you around here. Cheers!

Thank you!! :D I understand I didn't use the correct program, but I was trying to do shading for an animation, but Im not good at that lol so I'll just stick to drawing for now
This is another thing I made in Illustrator for a project