00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Y do people complain about hunting?

900 Views | 10 Replies

If you've ever eaten meat or a meat product you are an accessory and beneficiary to an animals slaughter.

Wear a leather belt?

Someone killed an animal for that.

Leather shoes?

Same thing dumbass.

Nice leather trim interior in your car?

Get the picture.

Natural oils or products with natural non plant based oils in them?

C'mon....

Unless people are growing veggies and eating grass they're just insanely hypocritical and bellicose for no damn reason. You have no principals. You just are emotionally reacting to something without even using your frontal lobe. You are also insanely detached from the real natural world.

Why not go down and protest your local meat packing plant and local butcher and deli? It's the same exact retardation.

Response to Y do people complain about hunting? 2014-07-06 19:03:07

At 7/6/14 06:58 PM, WahyahRanger wrote: I've said this three times but I'll say it again to contribute.

I don't might hunting, as long as it's not for sport.

i.e. killing a deer to cut off its antlers and head and leave the carcass there just because you needed something to hang over your fireplace.

This is what I mean when I say ignorance. Sport hunting does feed people. I believe there's even a VICE documentary on it that came out a while ago. There are villages in africa that depend on sport hunters because they eat whatever is killed and the money that hunters pay to hunt the animals go into conservation of the rest of species and to the local economy.

Also it helps stabilize animal populations because hunters don't just shoot any old animal. They shoot ones that are sick, that are a threat to to the herd and have been marked.

If you are talking about poaching then that is a totally different thing. Which is what it sounds like you're talking about

Response to Y do people complain about hunting? 2014-07-06 19:05:41

At 7/6/14 07:00 PM, MrPercie wrote: Well, if no one gives us the option of non leather cars seats, belts and non-meat products, then how the fuck are we supposed to just rid everything from our daily lifes if theres no decent alternative because apparently bits of dead animal are the best thing to make other things out of.

There's plastics and synthetic fabrics.

But so what? Do you like hamburgers or are you a full on vegetarian? It's fine if you're against animal slaughter but atleast be 100% consistent with your principles.

If you are against animal slaughter don't use animal products. Don't eat meat and don't abide by other people who do- which means if you really believe what you're saying then start a petition to close down all meat processing plants where they shoot cows in the head with shock rods or bash their heads in with sledgehammers.

Response to Y do people complain about hunting? 2014-07-06 19:07:32

At 7/6/14 07:03 PM, Satan wrote:
Not necessarily. I do not have any problem with people killing animals for food, but when they are killing them for nothing more than the fur, or "sport", that's when I have a problem with it. If they kill them, eat the meat, and keep the fur as well, I do not have a problem with that either, as it's a side product.

Then you do not understand anything about sport hunting. You are equating sport hunting with poaching which is illegal.

Response to Y do people complain about hunting? 2014-07-06 19:38:45

At 7/6/14 07:11 PM, WahyahRanger wrote:
Yes, I'm talking like 'Murica hunting where it's like "hold ma beer and watch this". Sorry i should have said poaching, but I often called it sport hunting or trophy hunting. If you're killing with cause it's sustainable hunting.

Still, I'm sorry you think otherwise, but if you're going to use the sick animal, go for it. But if you're going to shoot it dead and leave it what's the point, it's natural selection.

So, yes, choose the sick one to kill and then use it for something. Food, leather, whatever. But I'm just saying I can't stand people that kill animal because they want to.

And I do realize this next point is kind of hypocritical but I think but I feel like animals shouldn't be hunted for fur, generally speaking. We have synthetic furs now and killing the animal just for the fur is also counter-intuitive. Unless they also use it for meat, but again, some hunters don't and it's sad. Same goes for leather, use every part of the animal. Be more like McDonald's.

Not the obesity part, the usability part.

I understand this but poaching and sport hunting are not synonymous. Geez I should make a thread about modern sport hunting because what you are describing is NOT what is taking place. Some hunter that just kills something to kill it is a poacher. This is why there are Game Wardens and things like this to arrest those types of people

What people more have a visceral reaction to is killing animals. Or killing in general. Which is still hypocritical because of other reasons that I won't start up now.

Response to Y do people complain about hunting? 2014-07-06 20:00:42

Animals are people too!

Y do people complain about hunting?

BBS Signature

Response to Y do people complain about hunting? 2014-07-06 20:50:44

At 7/6/14 08:48 PM, KatMaestro wrote:
Eat XL burger with beef, tell other to not kill animal.

ROFL

at times I wish the world was much smaller so people could see the direct result of what exactly they're talking about.

Response to Y do people complain about hunting? 2014-07-06 21:08:50

At 7/6/14 08:59 PM, WahyahRanger wrote: Even if it is just an animal I find it gross to take a life out of pleasure. Fucking Elliot Rodgers over here.

Cmon' that's pretty silly and disingenuous.

Even killing for pleasure is silly. Guess what -FPS games are a multi-billion dollar industry. Yes it is virtual killing but there have been plenty of studies that show it activates the same parts of the brain that witnessing an actual death does. The amygdala and fight or flight response is activated playing shooter games. It's only the neo-frontal cortex that realizes you're playing a fake game versus a real thing. Same thing goes for movies and TV. The brain processes the witnessing of death in the same way and triggers the same endorphins. Only the front realizes that it is fake.

The instinct however is primitive and is the reason mankind is on top of the food chain and we're not being eaten/killed by other things save the occasional shark.

Response to Y do people complain about hunting? 2014-07-06 21:25:46

Yeah, except video game enemies can't go extinct. He said he thought taking a life (of an animal) out of pleasure IN REAL LIFE, did not sit well with him, and you tried to compare it to video games.

Holy shit

You again do not understand how nature preserves work.

Okay its simple.

Older males past breeding age can no longer breed with the herd. They become violent to the new alpha males and will either kill the alpha males or kill the females. Either one of these things lead to herd collapse and it is how a stable population can collapse in a short period. If the old male is unsucessful it will get driven out of the herd and sometimes attacks villages or other populations of wildlife.

Big game hunters pay alot of money to hunt these marked animals that would otherwise just be killed at any rate. The Conservation preserve gets paid money to hunt the old animal and uses that money to continue the nature preserve.
When the animal is killed, the meat from it goes to feel local villages . The hunter takes the head of his/her trophy. The nature preserve is paid. And the cycle continues

Ding!

The bell just rang.

School is out for the summer. Have a nice day

Response to Y do people complain about hunting? 2014-07-06 21:50:23

At 7/6/14 09:30 PM, Zachary wrote:
You didn't even respond to me calling you out on your bullshit video game example lol... I never said what you are saying is wrong (I know about angry males who are no longer breeding, if you look at my post history you will see I brought it up in the thread about the cheerleader hunting).

Why are you acting so cunty? You didn't "school" me because I already knew that. Now answer how your stupid video game post had anything to do with what he was saying, otherwise shut the fuck up damn.

The videogame thing was apt. I explained it in that post. The brain sees and interprets the act of killing whether virtual or not in the exact same way. This is described more in the book:

On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society
Book by Dave Grossman

Its a very enlightening read if you want to understand the deep roots of these things.

But a question for you is why my post triggered such an abrasive reaction. I mean I did poke fun with the school bit but I don't think that's enough to call me a cunt. SMH

We don't have to get mad at eachother - this is just an opinion forum.

Response to Y do people complain about hunting? 2014-07-06 22:39:51

At 7/6/14 06:58 PM, WahyahRanger wrote: I don't mind hunting, as long as it's not for sport.

i.e. killing a deer to cut off its antlers and head and leave the carcass there just because you needed something to hang over your fireplace.

Indeed.

Hunting for sport is fuckin' retarded.

Fuck the people who do this shit.