00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

do animals practice incest

1,913 Views | 22 Replies

do animals practice incest 2014-07-05 14:20:13

or is it the sorta thing that happens just by chance.

Curious to what you know?

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-05 14:21:27

I don't think they care.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-05 14:23:00

At 7/5/14 02:21 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 7/5/14 02:21 PM, Phobotech wrote: I don't think they care.
yes they do - cats are notorious for it.

Notorious for caring, or notorious for going out of their way for some wincest?

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-05 14:26:59

At 7/5/14 02:23 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 7/5/14 02:23 PM, Phobotech wrote:
At 7/5/14 02:21 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 7/5/14 02:21 PM, Phobotech wrote: I don't think they care.
yes they do - cats are notorious for it.
Notorious for caring, or notorious for going out of their way for some wincest?
the latter. Cat's don't care about anyone. They're bitches that way.

That's kinda painting' them with a broad brush...they have the capacity for love and nurturing, and not based on absolute nihilism either...(though generally speaking, yea they're nihilistic as fuck)

BBS Signature

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-05 14:30:35

I don't know about in the wild, but white tigers in captivity have been inbred a shitload and now an awful lot of them have down's syndrome.

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-05 14:37:02

Darwin did a study and found that penguins raped their own children. Sometimes this would crush the skulls of baby penguins - killing them. Penguins also masturbate frequently

BBS Signature

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-05 14:37:16

At 7/5/14 02:33 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 7/5/14 02:30 PM, Jester wrote: I don't know about in the wild, but white tigers in captivity have been inbred a shitload and now an awful lot of them have down's syndrome.
He's not joking, you know.

I see, maybe its not so popular to do incest for animals, but if some stuff like that is in nature then that makes it a little bit natural.
Thx for the help.

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-05 15:01:43

That shit happens in the animal kingdom

...the animal kingdom sure is fucked up

BBS Signature

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-05 15:34:40

At 7/5/14 02:51 PM, SubliminalVirus wrote: Yeah... You watch the lion king? Full of incest when you think about the family trees.

Relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-10 06:52:46

They do if they need to.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-10 18:01:40

Homosexuality is an abnormality in sexual preference seen in both lesser animals and humans. I don't see why they wouldn't share in this abnormality as well, especially with their more instinct-driven behavior. Humans usually have a stupid, emotional knee-jerk reaction to incest that I don't imagine would concern animals.

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-10 22:22:45

All the time. More often than you or anyone else in this thread probably thinks.
So...yeah.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-17 12:25:37

At 7/10/14 11:16 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote:
At 7/5/14 02:37 PM, poinl wrote: Darwin did a study and found that penguins raped their own children. Sometimes this would crush the skulls of baby penguins - killing them. Penguins also masturbate frequently
Lol what the fuck, seriously. You can't make that up

Woops my bad, it wasn't done by Darwin but is still true. "For instance, Levick noted the penguins' autoerotic tendencies, and the seemingly aberrant behavior of young unpaired males and females, [included] necrophilia, sexual coercion, sexual and physical abuse of chicks, non-procreative sex and homosexual behaviors."
e
http://metro.co.uk/2012/06/10/penguins-accused-of-constant-acts-of-sexual-depravity-461593/
http://www.themarysue.com/sexually-depraved-penguins
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/06/11/penguins-explicit-sex-acts-shocked-polar-explorer/

BBS Signature

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-17 12:38:58

Animals are made to notice a specific scent from their parents to let them know not to mate with them, as many species won't see their father for example through life but the scent would help them notice this so they don't do it.

The problem with incest being the mutations caused by it, humans and certain species of animals practice recreational sex, in which case incest is fine. But since most species mate for the sole purpose of reproduction they are made to try and avoid incest as much as possible.

At 7/10/14 06:01 PM, 1916 wrote: Homosexuality is an abnormality in sexual preference seen in both lesser animals

Actually its most animals, and I definitely wouldn't class lions as a lesser animal, which are famously one of those that enjoy homosexuality. The fun thing to note is that the only species that has homophobia is humanity.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-17 15:33:46

At 7/5/14 02:37 PM, poinl wrote: Darwin did a study and found that penguins raped their own children. Sometimes this would crush the skulls of baby penguins - killing them. Penguins also masturbate frequently

Was Antarctica even discovered back then?

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-18 04:06:13

Naked mole rats only reproduce via incest!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_mole_rat

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-18 05:37:09

At 7/10/14 06:01 PM, 1916 wrote: Homosexuality is an abnormality in sexual preference seen in both lesser animals
Actually its most animals, and I definitely wouldn't class lions as a lesser animal, which are famously one of those that enjoy homosexuality. The fun thing to note is that the only species that has homophobia is humanity.

All non-human animals are lesser animals, there's no comparison to be drawn between us and them. Show me the civilizations lions have built. Show me fine examples of lion culture. Show me the depth and variety of the lion language. Show me the understandings the great lion thinkers have come to. Show me the objects lions have sent into space. Show me the magical box of electricity lions have invented to communicate their achievements. "Chimpanzees are so intelligent, look he just picked up a cup and drank from it! Wow! He used the television remote to change the channel! Amazing! He knows 40 different words! A grand linguistic accomplishment!" All such complements to animals are relative to other animals, never to humans. There is a very important reason for that.

I don't think you can state so certainly only humans are capable of homophobia.

I get the sense you disagree with something I said, would you not agree homosexuality is an abnormal behavior? Would you not agree that being abnormal is not necessarily bad?

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-18 05:52:53

Yes more than humans do.

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-18 07:55:07

At 7/10/14 06:01 PM, 1916 wrote: Homosexuality is an abnormality in sexual preference seen in both lesser animals and humans. I don't see why they wouldn't share in this abnormality as well, especially with their more instinct-driven behavior. Humans usually have a stupid, emotional knee-jerk reaction to incest that I don't imagine would concern animals.

Come to think of it...
Why is sexing up your sister such a taboo thing? Because you grew up with her?
That'd disqualify you from loving up on that cute girl down the road just because you've known each other since you were sperm.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-18 08:34:33

At 7/5/14 03:01 PM, Teddiikun wrote: That shit happens in the animal kingdom

...the animal kingdom sure is fucked up

Humans are more fucked up to be honest.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-18 23:05:14

At 7/18/14 07:55 AM, 111122223138 wrote: Come to think of it...
Why is sexing up your sister such a taboo thing? Because you grew up with her?
That'd disqualify you from loving up on that cute girl down the road just because you've known each other since you were sperm.

The stigma comes from an emotional knee-jerk "ew gross" reaction. Logically the only negative of incestual sexual relations between consenting adults is the possibility of begetting mutated blob-children, and that can be avoided on at least three fronts: male contraceptives, female contraceptives, and abortion.

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-19 01:17:17

Probably-- I ain't no rocket scientist, but I'm sure it's happened.

Response to do animals practice incest 2014-07-19 03:07:46

At 7/19/14 02:20 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 7/18/14 05:37 AM, 1916 wrote: I don't think you can state so certainly only humans are capable of homophobia.
I can. Only humans are capable of homophobia.

To say this with certainty you must have certain proof. We know humans are capable of homophobia, certainty demands we conclusively prove all other animals are incapable of homophobia. We haven't even discovered all the animals on this planet, not to mention animals which may exist elsewhere in this universe. We have to test all animals, including those yet undiscovered, throughout the universe for their capability of homophobia. This is assuming you could even devise a valid and reliable method to test whether any given animal is capable of homophobia. You have not done these things; therefore, you cannot say with certainty only humans are capable of homophobia.