00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games you beat on hard mode

3,684 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-02 09:50:58

I think the only one I ever beat was Smash bros. What about you got any bragging youd like to do?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-02 09:55:54

. God of War 1 & 2
. Metal Gear Solid 2 (european extreme)
. Batman Arkham Asylum, City & Origin
. Far Cry 3 (by accident, thought I was playing on normal)

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-02 10:24:50

Megaman Powered Up. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 on Proud. I think that's it.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-02 10:45:13

I play FIFA on world class (If that counts?) and I play most shooting games like COD and Battlefield on the hardest difficulty. Any other game I always try on Normal and succed :)

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-02 11:22:15

Metal Gear Solid 3 and 4, Dead Space, Human Revolution, Resident Evil 4 and 5, Devil May Cry 1 and 3, Mass Effect 2, Spec Ops The Line, Alan Wake, Bioshock, CoD4, Gears of War 1, 2 and 3, Halo, probably more.

I suppose that is quite a lot, though I don't consider myself that good at games. Most of these are games I played through at least twice. I wouldn't really count Metro 2033 since ranger mode is clearly how it's meant to be played.

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-02 11:27:05

Every game should be beaten on hard. If not, then you have not truly beaten it.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-02 15:19:51

i beat guitar hero 2 on expert.
got close with 3, but couldn't get my head around raining blood

also beat devil may cry 3 special edition on hard mode.
oh yeah and i played through true vault hunter mode on borderlands 2. that was fun.

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-02 16:30:54

Let's see. From what I remember, I beat:

Torchlight II on Normal Hardcore mode and Elite mode
Goldeneye007 on 00 agent mode and I even did a successful DLTK run on the Frigate level
Metroid Prime on Hard mode
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes on Hard mode
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within on Hard mode (not 100% sure though)
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones on Hard mode (again, not 100% sure)

That's about it I think.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-03 01:31:29

At 7/2/14 11:27 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Every game should be beaten on hard. If not, then you have not truly beaten it.

and if the choice is not available directly the challenge can be taken to yourself to make it up on spot.

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-03 02:55:32

Beat the first Gears on insane, defeating RAAM using only grenade tags.

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-03 04:13:15

I'm working on beating Rocksmith 2014 on Master Mode.

Dat Satch though...

I hope someone knows what I'm talking about...

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-04 02:33:55

Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II on Proud difficulty (the KH games don't have easy/hard modes. Instead it's Beginner, Normal, and Proud)
Bioshock (surprisingly, I thought I had beaten 2 on hard as well, but I guess I didn't. I guess I know what I"m going to do this weekend)

Oh, and I also beat Bioshock: Infinite on 1999 mode, and that was a BITCH to do. I don't even plan to ever complete the Burial at Sea: Episode 2 DLC on 1998 mode at all, especially since that DLC was hard even on normal.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-05 00:44:39

I've tried to, but almost never come back to that game. I always end up playing it on normal or normal-hard difficulties.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-05 01:10:40

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Bioshock 1,2, infinte
As of last night, Warriors Orochi 3 on Chaos mode
Crysis 2 and 3 on super soldier mode
Borderlands 2 OP 8
Dark Souls 1 and 2 NG+7
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
Modern Warfare 2

Probably quite a few others but i don't remember

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-05 01:37:59

I always play on the hardest difficulty possible when I first get a game. And then move to the unlocked difficulty if one exists. So, all of my games, I guess.

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-05 10:50:04

Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (hero mode)
The Last of us
Halo 1
Halo 2
Halo 3
Timesplitters 2
Infamous Second Son
There are probably others that I forgot as well.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-05 11:45:00

I hate playing games on hard mode because I'm scared I'll get stuck and have to restart on an easier difficulty. I usually only play games once, so I rarely feel like replaying a game on a harder difficulty. I got stuck on Snake Eater while trying out normal, and had to switch to easy. I wasn't used to the MGS style of gameplay yet, so I found myself having way too little trouble later on.

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-05 11:55:07

At 7/2/14 11:13 AM, SCTE3 wrote: Doom III on Nightmare Mode

Remembering how people say horror games are actually scary if you play them on hard.

Was it actually scary, or did it just feel like a challenge?

Oh look, nipple rings

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-05 13:59:02

I beat most of the Halo games on Heroic if you can count that as hard? I have done Legendary playthroughs but I am so much better online than on Campaign :P

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-06 01:28:35

All of the Halo's (except for Halo wars. pfffff), MW2, Gears of War 1 and 2, and Goldeneye 007 (Nintendo 64), and probably some others that I don't care to remember.

~squiggly~

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-06 02:54:58

World of Warcraft (though the term "beat" is subjective in an MMO since new content and all so I did "beat" it until the new content came out which is still being done and then I'll "beat" that too until the next lot comes out. But basically I "beat" the stuff from back when I was playing more a few years ago.)
Devil May Cry 2/3, I didn't do Dante Must Die, but I did do the other hard difficulties especially with 3.
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater, again I didn't complete European Extreme mode, but I did the earlier hard difficulties and got up to Volgin in the hardest before I lost the care to continue.

As a whole I tend to avoid the hard mode stuff as I like the general pleasure of playing the game rather than needing it to be a challenge. But with that said if I enjopy it enough I'll go for the hard mode stuff, but sometimes games just get stupid with their difficulty and think that "hard" means "making you take longer to kill stuff" which is irritating and boring. This problem can be seen with Heroes of Might and Magic 5 especially, where I ended up playing the game on easy because it cut the length of the game by half of normal mode, HALF because the combat of normal basically meant there was double the number of enemies, but the difficulty didn't increase it just meant that the fights took twice as long if not more and it was an absolute mess of programming which just made even wanting to play hard a stupid feat as it would just take even longer. A good hard mode is adding new mechanics and problems to face and generally making you be on your toes more and make it more thrilling and difficult, rather than time wasting additions.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-06 04:07:10

I fought at Aspho fields...

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-06 05:28:23

i beat starcraft 2 and the expansion heart of the swarm on brutal

BBS Signature

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-06 05:40:18

Streets of Rage 1 & 2

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-06 13:52:04

At 7/6/14 05:13 AM, 1DarkVoid wrote: 12. Pokemon Completist of every game I owned. (Pokemon X is still not done.)

What ones do you have?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-06 17:17:32

Kingdom Hearts 1.5, Proud.
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Proud.

That's about it so far.

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-06 17:32:51

kingdom hearts 1.5, proud mode

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-06 21:48:54

At 7/2/14 09:50 AM, Wegra wrote: I think the only one I ever beat was Smash bros. What about you got any bragging youd like to do?

I beat Contra III on easy mode... which may have been the hardest thing I have ever done.

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-07 04:55:37

Rocket Knight Adventure

Response to Games you beat on hard mode 2014-07-07 10:39:54

At 7/2/14 11:27 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Every game should be beaten on hard. If not, then you have not truly beaten it.

Truths. I never play a game on normal or easy, even if it's my first time around. I find that 90% of games geared for the American audience are already dumbed down as it is.

With that said the only one I'm proud of beating on "hard" is the highest difficulty of Devil May Cry 3.

(>'-')>