00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Seraph, myth creatures you like

2,268 Views | 26 Replies

Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-01 23:20:44

Its a six winged creature, if you've played FF7, Sephiroth is a Seraph with one black wing representing Lucifer. I also like Valkyrie. What about you? If
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seraph#mediaviewer/File:Seraphim_-_Petites_Heures_de_Jean_de_Berry.jpg

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-01 23:59:39

I like the idea of The Siren / The Mermaid as it represents man's mental weakness to the allure of a beautiful woman. The woman's power of manipulation over a man, or man's psychological vulnerabilities. The representation of the prize-bodied woman being skin-deep, that there's an underlying danger about her...that, as tempting as she may be, she leads weak men to their demise...and thats what can separate a foolish boy to a wise man, their ability to not be distracted by the Siren's call, or the empowering representation of self-control, or having wits about you to not fall for the trap that is a high-maintenance bitchy and miserable self-destructive relationship.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 00:06:02

At 7/2/14 12:04 AM, Xenomit wrote: Minotaur, for obvious reasons, Jackal, for obvious reasons, Angels, for obvious reasons

Maze-navigating rapists, scavengers, and manipulative agents of God's will?

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 00:07:21

Dragons are badass.........except the ones from Dragon Tails (kids show)

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 00:11:13

At 7/2/14 12:09 AM, Xenomit wrote:
Giant anthro bulls, anthro fox-dog guys, and everything about Angels are fantasy-inducingly hot

See, that wasn't so hard was it? I was tryin' to get ya to elaborate WHY you chose them... just because they're "for obvious reasons" doesn't mean posters can read your mind, silly-billy Xenomilly

BBS Signature

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 00:22:30

Dragons, of course.

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 00:56:57

I used to be horribly scared of hellhounds when I was younger. There's something about evil dogs that I find very unsettling.

BBS Signature

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 00:59:09

At 7/2/14 12:04 AM, Xenomit wrote: Minotaur, for obvious reasons, Jackal, for obvious reasons, Angels, for obvious reasons

Succubus give better sex than angels.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 01:05:26

At 7/2/14 12:59 AM, koopahermit wrote:

Aren't angels androgenous anyway?

BBS Signature

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 01:10:48

At 7/2/14 01:07 AM, Xenomit wrote:
Succubi*

Also demon servants < god servants

Just don't do one in front of the others, they might form an angry mob of sexual jealousy.

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 01:32:24

At 7/2/14 01:07 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 7/2/14 12:59 AM, koopahermit wrote:
Succubi*

Also demon servants < god servants

God isn't exist

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 01:36:42

At 7/2/14 01:34 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 7/2/14 01:32 AM, koopahermit wrote: God isn't exist
Neither do demons

Also, I prefer gods and goddesses over one god

Because what's better than an angel? A goddess

Demons exist. I had sex with one on the blood moon. I should know since I coughed up blood the next day.

delusional fantasies

STEAM

BBS Signature

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 01:37:12

At 7/2/14 01:34 AM, Xenomit wrote:
Because what's better than an angel? A goddess

would you rather be the dominant one or would you have her be the dominant one?

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 01:41:00

This topic took a sad turn that I should've seen coming.

BBS Signature

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 01:42:23

At 7/2/14 01:41 AM, Phobotech wrote: This topic took a sad turn that I should've seen coming.

Someone should draw a dragon version of you!

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 01:45:11

At 7/2/14 01:42 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Someone should draw a dragon version of you!

I did that years ago.

BBS Signature

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 01:52:53

At 7/2/14 01:42 AM, Xenomit wrote:
It's a goddess. That's like, the ultimate submissive wet dream for any guy who likes being a chick's bitch.

You mean like a rule 63 Arceus?

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 02:11:19

Do Lovecraftian monsters and Kaiju count?

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 02:42:58

At 7/1/14 11:20 PM, Reiska3 wrote: Its a six winged creature, if you've played FF7, Sephiroth is a Seraph with one black wing representing Lucifer. I also like Valkyrie. What about you? If
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seraph#mediaviewer/File:Seraphim_-_Petites_Heures_de_Jean_de_Berry.jpg

Funny you mention that.

Fallen Angel, one of the sites most popular series, has a character named Sera, which is because she's like a Fallen Angel.

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 02:57:09

Wadjet - like a snake thing. i don't remember....it's like 2 in the fucking morning.
Lotan - a 7-headed sea serpent dragon who represents oceans, floods, and winter.
Bakunawa - Philippine dragon believed to cause eclipses.
Aspidochelone - a monstrous sea creature that lures sailors into landing on it as it looks like an island and then proceeds to sink their ship. It is also seen as an allegory of Satan or something.
A Bao A Qu - a creature that lurks the staircase at The Tower Of Victory and follows anyone who attempts to climb it.as the person it follows progresses it gains a shape and progressively gets more and more colorful and emits a blue light from it's body. but the only way it can achieve it's true form is if someone reaches the top and achieves Nirvana.
Banshee - a creature with the shape of a woman. it's wails are seen as an omen of death to those who hear it.

I'd list more but I'm too lazy.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 03:02:55

Believe it or not, but a lot of Pokemon are actually based on ancient mythological Japanese legends.

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 10:21:35

At 7/2/14 10:03 AM, Shade wrote:
At 7/2/14 04:11 AM, Xenomit wrote: Remind me again tomorrow, I actually do have a book with some egyptian history in it. I'll snap a couple pictures just for you.
Here are my books by the way. I have a few more laying about somewhere but I seem to have misplaced them during the move. When I find them again, I will gladly send you pictures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anubis

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 10:51:53

At 7/2/14 10:49 AM, Shade wrote:
At 7/2/14 10:21 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anubis
I'm seeing no mention of an "Army of Anubis" on that page. I think Xenomit's making this shit up.

http://mummy.wikia.com/wiki/Army_of_Anubis

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 11:46:22

At 7/2/14 11:27 AM, Shade wrote:
Find me another source that proves that the "Army of Anubis" was in fact a real thing in Egyptian mythology.

I also don't get why you're covering for Xenomit.

I'm covering for Xenomit because not only do I think he's cool, but someone has to cover for him since he isn't online.
http://www.goldendawnpedia.com/LiteraturePages/Egyptian/Anubis.htm

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 13:09:41

Ancient Egyptian mythology was an interest of mine as a kid, and I don't remember hearing about Anubis being a species of multiple examples...just as I had not heard of the same applying to Horus. I was under the impression that they were unique hybrids (also, Gods.)

BBS Signature

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-02 14:01:56

At 7/2/14 03:02 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Believe it or not, but a lot of Pokemon are actually based on ancient mythological Japanese legends.

I know Gyarados and Magikarp are.
And I know the one in your icon isn't. It's Aztec.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Seraph, myth creatures you like 2014-07-03 08:35:33

Jörmungandr
Dragons

basically, if it's reptilian and known for fucking shit up then yeah.