00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need critique on a game's narrative

358 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi all!

Newbie here. Been browsing on NG for a whole now. Finally decided to become a member :P

I'm currently working on a game called "Petite", which is a narrative driven game. Link: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/641650

This is the first time I've written anything for a game, let alone a story-dependent game. I'd like to hear some critique on it. The game's still in beta, so there's still time to improve on it if possible.

Thanks for your time ^_^

Need critique on a game's narrative

Response to Need critique on a game's narrative 2014-07-07 14:49:14

First things first- wow! I never saw a story told in such a way, and I found it to be really creative. You could play through multiple times and get a different experience each time. In fact, I found the story-telling itself to be more interesting than the story. The mechanic to tell the same story in two different ways is definitely something I was intrigued by, and I applaud your team for coming up with such a unique idea.

Response to Need critique on a game's narrative 2014-07-08 15:52:49

Thanks a lot! Appreciate the feedback :)

As you can see, we're trying to experiment with methods of storytelling with Petite. And we've tried to create a calm and soothing atmosphere within the game, so the players can sorta relax and go through the game at a leisurely pace.

This is also my first time writing for a "published" project so to speak ^^;

I'm trying to get as much feedback from the community as I can right now. Hopefully, we'll be able to launch a completed product soon enough.

Do rate the game and drop a comment if you can. And share the game around a little maybe? :P