00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ngadm 2014?

3,862 Views | 42 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ngadm 2014? 2014-06-30 09:50:27

I suppose I'd be willing to donate if necessary, but honestly I don't see the need for a cash prize. That's not what this competition is supposed to be about. Also, please add me to the mailing list @Step. ;)

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm 2014? 2014-06-30 09:56:30

At 6/29/14 09:41 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I've already offered to pitch in for the prize pool... But I could also offer my services as a super awesome otaku...

That's worth something, right?

Winner gets a..."special" photo of you.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Ngadm 2014? 2014-06-30 11:37:59

At 6/29/14 09:25 PM, samulis wrote:
Maybe ask some of the musician/vocalist type people if they would be willing to offer their services as an additional prize as well?

Hello. Finally breaking forum abstinence, since it's the end of June.

That suggestion about lending musical or vocal services sounds nifty, but if I were to chip that, I must make sure I'm not sick. Down with a nasty bug at the moment.

Response to Ngadm 2014? 2014-07-01 04:49:32

At 6/29/14 11:55 PM, stunkel wrote: I'll throw in some money too. Whether it is gear or not, but if it were gear, I think it could definitely be beneficial for whoever to get it.

Gear is always great. But shipping could be a fortune.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm 2014? 2014-07-01 19:01:37

At 7/1/14 04:49 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
At 6/29/14 11:55 PM, stunkel wrote: I'll throw in some money too. Whether it is gear or not, but if it were gear, I think it could definitely be beneficial for whoever to get it.

I live in the US, the shipping from sweetwater has been free just about every time. Is it different in other countries?

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Response to Ngadm 2014? 2014-07-02 02:06:59

At 7/1/14 07:01 PM, stunkel wrote: I live in the US, the shipping from sweetwater has been free just about every time. Is it different in other countries?

sweetwater is based in the US. shipping can be very expensive for anything bigger than a couple dvd cases. i got a small but heavy midi controller shipped a couple years ago, was about $130 to get it to australia (still ended up being $300 cheaper than buying it in a store haha)

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ngadm 2014? 2014-07-02 05:15:34

At 7/1/14 07:01 PM, stunkel wrote:
At 7/1/14 04:49 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
I live in the US, the shipping from sweetwater has been free just about every time. Is it different in other countries?

Yeah, to send stuff overseas it's quite expensive. The problem isn't that though tbh. It's the import tax that the inland revenue/your government take from hardware/software. Whatever the Item is they charge 20% on it here (or whatever your tax is for your country), and general practice is they keep your item until you pay that tax.

I bought Lightwave 3D from the states, Got charged £515 ($883 USD), when it was shipped, it was shipped with another £110 ($190USD) on top of that from the Inland Revenue. So even when the shipping is free, you still will be taxed on it. Still cheaper than the UK £800 ($1372 USD) asking price. That's why I like these direct download (which I get from upgrades for Lightwave, music software etc). You pay cheaper prices as most companies are US based, and then it's instant! Hardware...not so easy :( .

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm 2014? 2014-07-02 13:46:29

At 7/2/14 05:15 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
Yeah, to send stuff overseas it's quite expensive. The problem isn't that though tbh. It's the import tax that the inland revenue/your government take from hardware/software. Whatever the Item is they charge 20% on it here (or whatever your tax is for your country), and general practice is they keep your item until you pay that tax.

I bought Lightwave 3D from the states, Got charged £515 ($883 USD), when it was shipped, it was shipped with another £110 ($190USD) on top of that from the Inland Revenue. So even when the shipping is free, you still will be taxed on it. Still cheaper than the UK £800 ($1372 USD) asking price. That's why I like these direct download (which I get from upgrades for Lightwave, music software etc). You pay cheaper prices as most companies are US based, and then it's instant! Hardware...not so easy :( .

Well goodness ._.

I'm sure there will be some sort of decision in the end that everyone would be happy with. I don't think anyone will ungrateful whether they get some nice gear or some cash :p

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Response to Ngadm 2014? 2014-07-05 19:55:32

Hey, I honestly can't thank you all enough for the insanely generous sponsor offers. Tom kindly sponsored it himself in the end and while it's tempting to open up a PayPal account and accept donations to add to the prize pool, we feel that Tom's sponsor money is enough for a prize, especially for what's intended to be a friendly competition!

Check out the thread here, the NGADM has BEGUN!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm 2014? 2014-07-11 15:54:44

At 7/5/14 07:55 PM, Step wrote: Hey, I honestly can't thank you all enough for the insanely generous sponsor offers. Tom kindly sponsored it himself in the end and while it's tempting to open up a PayPal account and accept donations to add to the prize pool, we feel that Tom's sponsor money is enough for a prize, especially for what's intended to be a friendly competition!

Money is a very popular price I see, but I just wanted this up to participate for the first time. I am really happy my post took up a huge thread and very happy to see that many want to get this competition up on NGADM again. This competition is mostly for fun and I am sure that Waterflame will win this year ;) I don't think I will proceed to the later rounds but it'll be quite fun to see all the submissions this year, so much nice new content only for one competition. I am looking forward to this. Have a nice day!

Response to Ngadm 2014? 2014-07-11 16:12:44

At 7/11/14 03:54 PM, BeatsFROAMyHeart wrote:
At 7/5/14 07:55 PM, Step wrote: Hey, I honestly can't thank you all enough for the insanely generous sponsor offers. Tom kindly sponsored it himself in the end and while it's tempting to open up a PayPal account and accept donations to add to the prize pool, we feel that Tom's sponsor money is enough for a prize, especially for what's intended to be a friendly competition!

Money is a very popular price I see, but I just wanted this up to participate for the first time. I am really happy my post took up a huge thread and very happy to see that many want to get this competition up on NGADM again. This competition is mostly for fun and I am sure that Waterflame will win this year ;) I don't think I will proceed to the later rounds but it'll be quite fun to see all the submissions this year, so much nice new content only for one competition. I am looking forward to this. Have a nice day!

Which brings me to this question: this one's especially for the judges, does anyone know if Waterflame is taking part this year at all? If he has put in an audition piece?

I hate to bring back memories of 2012, but I have a score to settle with him.

And @SkyeWintrest are you judging this year? Because if you're not, I need you to pass on my message about this matter to whoever else is.

Response to Ngadm 2014? 2014-07-11 16:41:46

At 7/11/14 04:12 PM, Troisnyx wrote: And @SkyeWintrest are you judging this year? Because if you're not, I need you to pass on my message about this matter to whoever else is.

considering I put in an audition piece and I'm teaming up with camoshark, no. I am not judging. I will pass on the message

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm 2014? 2014-07-11 16:46:23

At 7/11/14 04:41 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: considering I put in an audition piece and I'm teaming up with camoshark, no. I am not judging. I will pass on the message

Thanks. Tell the story to them in full, if you feel you must.