00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

going to be starting a webshow

513 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

going to be starting a webshow 2014-06-20 16:18:02

about video games. The script is already done. I just wanna know if you guys would watch it if it came out? It's gonna be a pretty funny review of a old, almost unheard of NES game.

Response to going to be starting a webshow 2014-06-20 17:28:55

I highly doubt you would be reviewing anything that people don't already know about.

I couldn't see this being very successful since it isn't original at all. AVGN, IrateGamer, PBG, ProJared, JonTron, ClassicGameRoom, etc.

You know, these Rocky Mountains aren't so rocky.

I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver is full of shit man.

BBS Signature

Response to going to be starting a webshow 2014-06-20 20:05:23

At 6/20/14 04:18 PM, danr1998 wrote: about video games. The script is already done. I just wanna know if you guys would watch it if it came out? It's gonna be a pretty funny review of a old, almost unheard of NES game.

No, probably not, to be quite honest. I mean, what is there to review in an unheard of NES game? It's not gonna make any layman play it, it's not gonna keep people from playing it, either. Really, reviews with jokes in them are kinda passe now, if they're not done excellently, like, say, Red Letter Media. But then they always stay on the cutting edge of things, I can already see what your review will probably be; making awkward in-jokes about other video games, lamenting on how bad the game is despite obviously being a z-grade developer's first game, lamenting on "Oh my god, why did I play this?" when you could have stopped any time, the like... I mean, if you manage to make your content somehow relevant to today, put some legitimate edge on it, good for you, but I don't think an unheard of NES game is gonna be a goldmine for comedy in this day and age, as a big part of comedy, especially in "review" comedy, is relating to something. I mean, go ahead and do it, but be prepared for no one to care.