00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What's your stance on Gay Marriage

5,413 Views | 55 Replies

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-08 18:03:38

I honestly can't think of a rational argument against gay marriage. The fact that two same-sex adults who love each other can't get married is just mind boggling. Land of the free my ass.

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-08 18:32:11

It's such a sad scenario when people want to control how others live their lives because they can't tolerate something they are doing. In no way does gay marriage take away straight couples right to marry and marriage wasn't even a religious concept to begin with. The argument that gay people need to have children to get married holds no water because the definition of marriage changes with the times. Sooner or later the definition will change again.

The reason why the 'gay agenda' may seem to be 'in your face' is simply because gay people can still be bullied or even killed for being who they are. Transgendered people are included in this. Until a gay or transgendered person can co-exist with everyone without feeling threatened or discriminated against, that's when the 'gay agenda' won't be 'in your face'. Sorry if bringing up transgendered people made me go off-topic. They are one of the many groups of people that get mistreated along with gay people.

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-08 21:19:53

At 6/8/14 08:11 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Not at all. As a trans person I feel this relatable. People often seem to forget the T in LGBTQ rights sadly. Trans people are more likely to be out of a job than a gay person because the employer will most likely deem us mentally unfit for no logical reason. That's why most of us who have fully transitioned (outside of the entertainment industry and adult entertainment industry) tend to keep our mouths shut usually when getting a job. Can you imagine being denied a job just for admitting you were born in the wrong body?

I can understand how infuriating that can be. Being denied something because of who you are. It's mainly because the common person in society lack knowledge behind why transgendered people exist. Every fetus starts off as female until the presence of the y chromosome determines if that fetus will develop into a male. Since human birth isn't perfect (which is why genetic mutations exists), who's to say the body develops into a male body but the brain rejects such developments leaving the brain to keep developing into a female brain. Never to realize they are both out of sync. Not everything gets copied from parent to child and this is why scenarios like this happen. Which is why gay people can be born from straight couples and transgendered people exist despite the parents forcing them into gender roles that society have at the time.

People like to imagine the world black and white but its simply not like that. This world is filled with gradients and colors and people have to accept that everyone is different and they have their own life to live.

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-08 23:28:41

I support all divorces. Gay marriage leads to gay divorce.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-08 23:46:28

Homosexuality and the need for this unholy union only leds to SIIIIIN! which will cause yo SOUL TO ETERNAL DAMNATION!

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-09 00:07:08

At 6/8/14 04:59 PM, SCTE3 wrote: 1. If anyone is taking InspectorGadget seriously then that's just sad...

2. If you're counter-argument for why marriage equality should be illegal is "my religious book says it is wrong" then your argument is flawed and you pretty much forfeit the argument. Saying it's against your religion is cherry-picking and pretty much equal to saying someone else can't eat a cake because the cake offends you.

3. Trying to use slippery slope bullshit arguments such as "it will lead to beastiality and zoophilia" being legal makes you look really stupid.

4, It's 2014, and people still think sexual orientation is a choice? Pretty stupid given gays, lesbians, asexuals, and bisexuals existed long before most religions existed.

5. As for teens having sex, Spooky said it best, some are mature enough and ready and others aren't.

Hoping someday more people of the South will see some of these points and learn to show tolerance so I won't feel so alone whenever I say that I fully support gay marriage and equality.

Latest Track: Children of Saturn

BBS Signature

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-09 17:51:20

I'm against gay marriage because I do not want them to experience the soul crushing pain that follows a long time committed relationship, just for 99% of them to fail. All that hard work and energy, cast away within a short time, a powerful partnership obliterated often by corrupt avarice.

If gay people had to suffer the romance us straight people live, then they wouldn't be happy anymore, and I cannot let that happen. They are too precious.

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-09 18:09:40

At 6/9/14 05:51 PM, MrApophis wrote: If gay people had to suffer the romance us straight people live, then they wouldn't be happy anymore, and I cannot let that happen. They are too precious.

If only this joke wasn't 40 years past being original...

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-10 13:34:08

At 6/10/14 07:43 AM, InsectGadget wrote:
At 6/8/14 10:36 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Gay marriage is immoral all it will lead to is gay divorce, adoption of children turning them gay furthering the homosexual agenda and the ruining of perfectly designed rooms!
I agree with that,

Let's not forget the fact that Children need a Biological Mother.

lol I was joking.

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-10 18:10:39

Have you gotten over your sexual attraction to cartoon anthropomorphic animals yet?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-10 19:30:20

At 6/10/14 06:35 PM, InsectGadget wrote:
At 6/10/14 06:10 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Have you gotten over your sexual attraction to cartoon anthropomorphic animals yet?
If you mean drawings, no.

I'd be gay if I did.

You need to stop this perversion and talk to a confessor. I'll pray for you.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-10 19:36:19

At 6/10/14 05:11 AM, Light wrote:
At 6/9/14 06:09 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 6/9/14 05:51 PM, MrApophis wrote: If gay people had to suffer the romance us straight people live, then they wouldn't be happy anymore, and I cannot let that happen. They are too precious.
If only this joke wasn't 40 years past being original...
herp derp if gay people want to be as miserable as straight married couples are, that's fine by me!!!1111"

I also don't want them to have to experience the horrors of war. I love them too much.. To know that just one of them lost their lives in such brutal, senseless ways; it would break my heart.

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-11 10:57:37

At 5/25/14 04:58 AM, Repsi wrote: I have struggling views.

My opinion says against because they cant have babies naturally like heterosexuals can.
But there's people pure in spirit which are for it.

What about you?

100% for it. Love is Love.

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-12 22:35:20

Keep it legal, and without any sexual orientation pride parades to not fuel stereotypes.

Drug free is how life is meant to be.

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-14 10:03:12

I think Doug Walker said it best (got this from the IMDb).

I try not to get into too many political issues, but I have no problem stating I am very pro Gay Marriage. Going to such lengths to fight for love in the face of such discrimination, especially when the divorce rate for straight people is as high as it is, personally, I say these people are saving the sanctity of marriage, not destroying it.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-15 19:43:54

*Shrugs

Any good reasons why not yet?
People still care about this shit?

Skynet is upon us.

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-17 20:23:24

I'm against it. I find homosexuality demented and disgusting. Possibly, it could be phased out if our culture stopped embracing everything weak.

You'll notice that all the empowering, civil rights, uplifting, accepting parts of our culture are designed to hoist up the weak. It's never the strong or smart that are empowered. Because they don't need to be. Because they are able to find their own motivation and drive and contribute to society in a meaningful way.

Allowing gay marriage just further supports something I think should be removed from our culture.

It is, imo, a byproduct of how the stupid breed more than the smart. A component of the overall dumbing down of our species.

Also why do gays insist on marriage in the first place? What's wrong with another union that grants the same pros and cons of marriage, without calling it marriage? The only reason it *has* to be marriage is so it will piss off the religious folk.

And that has always been the tried and true formula for being an accepted liberal: use gratuitous profanity and make fun of religion. Apply a veneer of thinly veiled anti-intellectualism; specifically pseudo-intellectualism. And wallah you have your modern liberal, who loves gays.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-17 20:24:55

At 6/14/14 10:03 AM, Ericho wrote: I think Doug Walker said it best (got this from the IMDb).

I try not to get into too many political issues, but I have no problem stating I am very pro Gay Marriage. Going to such lengths to fight for love in the face of such discrimination, especially when the divorce rate for straight people is as high as it is, personally, I say these people are saving the sanctity of marriage, not destroying it.

That's predicated on the notion that their primary motivation is a fight for love. (which isn't even a real thing. it was manufactured to sell valentine's day cards. but I digress) I posit that their primary motivation is anti-anti-gay legislation. Not pro-love.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-17 20:28:18

At 6/7/14 01:58 PM, InsectGadget wrote: Ignorant social justice warriors

I shall remember this turn of phrase. It sums up how I see the vast majority of these communities quite well.

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-18 02:50:02

At 6/17/14 09:10 PM, Vnzi wrote:
At 6/17/14 08:23 PM, sharpnova wrote: I'm against it. I find homosexuality demented and disgusting.
Yeah well I find straight sex pretty disgusting too but you don't see me trying to boycott you. Just because you dislike something doesn't mean you can push back human rights.

I don't see marriage as a human right. We obviously don't share a definition of what a human right is. And yes. Disliking something is sufficient motivation to push against it.

Possibly, it could be phased out if our culture stopped embracing everything weak.
It sounds like you are actually offended by equality than gay marriage, and that's just sad.

Well I won't lie. I do think equality/tolerance/acceptance aren't necessarily good things. I don't particularly care to tolerate things that I find inferior or disgusting. I'd rather they cease to exist to be honest. As a young, good looking, healthy, reasonably well-to-do white American male, you can imagine that I, rightly, see a lot of people as inferior. But I don't want them to cease to exist. It really does have to do with the specific and demented nature of homosexuality. Not just inferiority or a desire for inequality.

But on that same note, since I am so advantaged, I see equality as nothing but a bunch of handicaps I'm supposed to abide because others can't keep up with me or feel disadvantaged by comparison. This is detrimental to the human race. Are you, on any level, able to see that? Or are you completely blinded by emotion?

You'll notice that all the empowering, civil rights, uplifting, accepting parts of our culture are designed to hoist up the weak.
Because equality is a bad thing, by your logic.

Yep. Well forced equality anyway. I'm not a fan of dragging down the strong and propping up the weak. But I'm not an anarchist either.

It's never the strong or smart that are empowered. Because they don't need to be. Because they are able to find their own motivation and drive and contribute to society in a meaningful way.
You basically answered yourself, the so called "weak" need support to actually help out society in any good way.

If you need support to help out society then you're a drag on society and I don't want your help and society doesn't need it. It never has. Civil rights with blacks. The femnazi regime. And all this pro-gay stuff. None of these groups ever contributed anything real to the human race. The vast majority of discovery/creation has been done by heterosexual white males.

Allowing gay marriage just further supports something I think should be removed from our culture.
I actually want to hear how you want us gays removed, just to see if you go too far or are some religious zealot.

By the media ceasing to acknowledge you way out of proportion to your presence. I'm not saying eugenics are out of the question either, but I actually think eugenics is a messy solution to a problem that can be solved with simple education and possibly some genetic science.

It's never been an issue of whether homosexuality is a real genetic thing for me. I could conceive of a dozen different reason why a species might evolve and exhibit a homosexual trait. Problem is, the way it expresses itself now in a civilized world precludes any usefulness. But it results in a big drag on society. I see innovation, intellectual curiosity, discovery, etc. as things that suffer from having to abide this type of nonsense. Men and women have their roles. They are worlds apart in attitude, intelligence, motivations, not to mention physically. But they both serve crucial roles. In the long run, I don't see the species having much of a need for gender differentiation though.

As for religious zealotry.. it should be obvious to you that I'm not religious. Unless you're so blinded by your dogma that you assume I'm much dumber than you just because of my opinions. I assure you I'm the most genetically intelligent person you have ever encountered.

It is, imo, a byproduct of how the stupid breed more than the smart. A component of the overall dumbing down of our species.
There are a lot of dumb straight people out there and a lot of smart gay people, saying us gays dumb down our species lacks solid footing and need proper evidence that isn't from a KKK manual.

You're treading in Ad hominem waters here. Disappointing.

Also why do gays insist on marriage in the first place? What's wrong with another union that grants the same pros and cons of marriage, without calling it marriage? The only reason it *has* to be marriage is so it will piss off the religious folk.
Hahaha no, the reason why gays want full marriage is so they don't feel like second class citizens, again it's a method of equality.

Still doesn't answer my question. Why does it need to be marriage? They are only second class citizens in the eyes of the religious people who invented the institution they are trying to invade. That will never change. Forcing this on them is bullying. It's called tolerance bullying. It's what you do. It's what people do who have a really emotional opinion that is rooted on nothing, yet is continually reinforced by the stupidity of the people you tend to be arguing against. Then tempered like heated steel in water when you come up against someone like me who has all that logic and argument you lack, defeating pretty much every point you care to raise.

And the points are so easy to defeat because they are rooted in nothing but impassioned, childish, practically pubescent emotion. Tolerance bully. Social justice warrior. Little white knights.

And that has always been the tried and true formula for being an accepted liberal: use gratuitous profanity and make fun of religion. Apply a veneer of thinly veiled anti-intellectualism; specifically pseudo-intellectualism. And wallah you have your modern liberal, who loves gays.
I actually believe religion is a perfect way for others to de-stress and enjoy their life, because people always need some form of guidance, either from themselves, others, or a divine god that they believe in. Taking away that from them is very wrong, as is telling gays that they cannot marry because of religious values in a country that should have divided church and state a long time ago.

You think believing in fairy tales and taking the interesting questions about our existence and the universe and stamping a quick answer from a thousands of years old book written by semi-sentient shepherds (or whatever) that conflict with almost everything we've ever observed every time it ever makes a statement about the natural world is a perfect way for people to "enjoy" their lives?

Sorry. No. Religion is another example of something where blind tolerance and acceptance is the wrong answer. It's just like parents who don't raise their kid one way or the other, allowing them to "find their own way."

It's an irresponsible way to raise a child. And as a species, it's an irresponsible way to allow the masses to live their lives. Far from perfect. Close to the opposite in fact.

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-18 11:49:45

At 6/18/14 02:50 AM, sharpnova wrote: As a young, good looking, healthy, reasonably well-to-do white American male, you can imagine that I, rightly, see a lot of people as inferior.

Wow, Elliot Rodgers is back from the dead and is posting here on the NGBBS. How cool.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-06-19 04:02:56

mfw lgbt movement keeps comparing themselves to the black movements

pls stop

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-07-01 19:14:15

At 5/25/14 10:35 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: Just legalize it already. There's really no rational argument against it, at all.

Would be nice wouldn't it? The problem is religion - it gets in the way. And unfortunately marriage is traditionally a religious service owned by the Church - and you guessed it - it has a lot of power. Of course, nowadays you can get married without a Church, depending on which country you live in (I'm in the UK and my parent and step-father didn't get married in a Church). Not sure what the situation is in America.

However, denying a persons' rights like Christianity and Muslims do is stupid. I'm not saying that's every single last member of the religion, but mostly those who just want to take control of everything, such as their leaders. If we want freedom of speech and peace, we shouldn't have to vote for anyone.

Ignorance will become the death of us.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-07-01 19:21:52

However, though. While laws are of course different in the US when it comes to property ownership, in the UK there really is no point in a marriage anymore, mostly for equal rights. If a person who has spent a great deal of time with their partner in the same household as each other, they will have the same rights as a married couple in the sense that the couple will still have 50% of the household, even if they separate - it applies to both married and non-married couples. This is mostly otherwise because it would be unfair for the other person who is not the legal owner of the property to have been paying their fair share of the property and then having to leave because of a relationship dispute.

So, consequently, in my opinion, why the hell would you want to spend £500 (or whatever the price maybe in your country) on a marriage when you can use that money wisely for survival, for example? I swear that according to recent statistics, divorce is higher than marriage... I wonder why. Money, no doubt.

Ignorance will become the death of us.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-07-01 23:29:16

At 7/1/14 07:14 PM, brutalexcess wrote: And unfortunately marriage is traditionally a religious service owned by the Church

Actually this is flat out wrong. Marriage has traditionally been an economic and social fixture, largely facilitated by the state.

Response to What's your stance on Gay Marriage 2014-07-06 10:27:31

I have nothing against gay marriages. I don't even have anything against gay people in general, since they're still people like anyone else

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature