00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mae6NG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara

18,310 Views | 216 Replies

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-29 17:58:08

I REALLY wanna be a jokey asshole about this, but seriously, the "See girls, this is what happens when you friendzone dudes" fucking made me SICK. It disgusts me in a way that I didn't think would, because it's like those people actually fucking believe that a man is entitled to sex from a woman. Do women hold their bodies over men, and occasionally lead them on? Probably, but they have every right to, it's their FUCKING BODY and you have NO GODDAMN right to it unless she fucking says you do. Fucking hell.

Jesus FUCKING Christ. It makes me weep, and not for the usual reasons. It make me fucking disgusted at my fellow man.

I guess none can be Denny Falcone, but Denny Falcone.

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-29 18:03:10

At 5/28/14 07:55 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: restrictions are a hassle for law abidding citizens remember the AWB? we couldn't buy new AR15s and other types of semi auto firearms because of those "Restrictions" and crimes soared during that period especially in California, New York, and Illinois.

I think this is the real disagreement between pro- and anti-guns control people, if we're willing to drop the strawmen, whether maybe lowering the possibility of a mass shooting worth a little more hassle to gun owners.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the right to bear arms.

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-30 05:04:14

Wow, this thread actually turned into a legitimate, thought provoking discussion. I really dig it.

We can't undo the deaths, and I think this is a tasteless <<EXTREME>> example of a tragedy to base a gender equality discussion....but, that stuffs real, so I'll bite for a bit. About the extent of my MRA sympathy goes to facial hair discrimination in the common workplace, and thats about it. The double-standards about hitting each other, fuck that, its situational and it needs to be a fair fight....if that woman is six foot tall with an arm as thick around as my leg, and she's attacking me? What do you expect me to do? The first hit is free.

In many regards, I sympathize with feminism, because to assume that we have no self control and "boys will be boys", paints us out to be as dumb and unstable as cavemen. The friendzone shit is stupid and childish, we're not entitled to sex, rape is rape and reprehensible. Moving along.

The real horror here is this is a new low.

...Of MANY FUCKING LOWS that we've ALL LIVED THROUGH, happening to real people...Horrors that some people actually witnessed, and some that have to pick up the pieces of a shattered home afterwards.

Before this, it was Sandy Hook...hell, thats probably lower than this, but we got a limbo line of tragedies in a very short span of years.

It will get lower in the future, and it might break some people....I mean, what the fuck am I saying, its going to be a mass-murder, OF COURSE its going to break people, but christ, guys, whats next?

Whens the next idiot loser going to obtain a weapon and say "Yeah, okay, bitches won't put out, so I guess I'll kill them" in a copy-cat killing spree? Who is going to be the next person to use mass-murder sprees to justify something fucking embarrassing and stupid?

We are failing to address something else here. It ain't gun rights/regulation, it ain't video games or sensationalist medias, it ain't gender equality...what are we missing?

Is it psychology? Does it have to do with intelligence or a lacktherof? Self destructive tendencies that go out of control, and try to take others with them when they snap (which, oops, I guess thats psychology again. How the brain works?)

Am I wrong, or is there something else there that we're not discussing is a preventable problem?

Or is this trait of blood-lust just a horrible part of human nature, rare and compulsive. Destructive and evil? ...If they, the killer, really wanted to do it, they'd find a way anyway? Its a matter of staying on your toes, and fighting it when it happens around you? Who among you fantasized killing the killer to save a few lives? You felt that heat of hatred. Who among you have yearned to kill in emotional moments, but kept it within your thoughts in privacy?

Is this just an ugly side of all of us that we try to pin on the individual that actually goes through with it?...and not unlike heredity, flips of many coins through a long period of development? So while that urge to kill might not be in you or me, someone else or a couple of people have been flipping a string of "Tails" on their coin over a course of years?

To just say that "these things happen, there's no real way of preventing it" weighs heavy on my heart....and Onion articles aside, I found myself thinking that at some point years ago...and that feels awful.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-30 05:16:57

moral of the story: dont be a beta virgin

I used to be Xyphon202. Name change, what's up?

I'm everybody's favourite!

The Xyphon202 appreciation thread(before my name change)

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-31 13:08:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL-Widy8K34

Where is the blood splatter at? There's none in the car. What the Hell? They claimed he shot himself in the car in the head, yet there's no blood splatter. How is that possible?

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-31 13:15:55

At 5/31/14 01:08 PM, TheKlown wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL-Widy8K34

Where is the blood splatter at? There's none in the car. What the Hell? They claimed he shot himself in the car in the head, yet there's no blood splatter. How is that possible?

fucking conspiracy theorists

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-31 13:31:46

At 5/31/14 01:15 PM, kazumazkan wrote:

fucking conspiracy theorists

That is what I was thinking at first until they brought this up.

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-31 13:57:43

With questions like "why don't these limited perspective photographs of his car look like the one in Pulp Fiction" and "how come the only blood in the convenience store is pooled on the floor," he has an infallible argument against the Illuminati scum.

The convenience store is easily explained; bullet didn't go through the guy and therefore didn't cause a forward spatter onto the shit behind him, he fell to the ground and bled out from the entrance wound, prompting the pool of blood. Rodger's suicide takes a bit of assumption but it's not unlikely that the back spatter stayed on Rodger and the forward spatter is either obscured in photos of the car, or nonexistent the bullet again didn't go through. But yeah nah it's a lot easier to go "THE GOVERNMENT FAKED A KILLING SPREE TO KEEP US AFRAID" because it's not as if the mentally unstable exist.

Next time you feel compelled to share a one-sided and partially thought out conspiracy theory with the rest of us, take a moment to slam your head into whatever wall in your home is the hardest.

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-31 14:21:27

Well, if you Liberaltards weren't always saying Ban Guns, than people wouldn't come up with Conspiracy Theories. You're one the ones to blame for them.

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-31 14:34:27

At 5/31/14 02:21 PM, TheKlown wrote: Well, if you Liberaltards weren't always saying Ban Guns, than people wouldn't come up with Conspiracy Theories. You're one the ones to blame for them.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-31 16:19:54

At 5/31/14 02:21 PM, TheKlown wrote: Well, if you Liberaltards weren't always saying Ban Guns, than people wouldn't come up with Conspiracy Theories. You're one the ones to blame for them.

Even if you're just trolling, that is the dumbest basis for a conspiracy that I have ever read.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-31 16:23:01

At 5/31/14 04:19 PM, Phobotech wrote:
Even if you're just trolling, that is the dumbest basis for a conspiracy that I have ever read.

I agree that is a very stupid basis

I suck at drawing and I hate the fuckin' Eagles.

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-31 16:24:11

What the fuck this sick psychopath tortures people with OCD by not finishing his last sentence what's that all about.

Also: no sympathy for ol' blue balls here. We all know a lot of friendo's here on our very own Newgrounds.com aren't quite the ladies' men either, but that doesn't make them go on killing sprees. In the majority of cases, at least.

Well. This sucks. RIP in peace victims, and fuck off Elliot Rogers.

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-31 17:14:29

I don't have a stance on gun control but I appreciate that verbally shitting yourself and making an entirely irrelevant connection is apparently your bailout tactic for when you're wrong

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-05-31 20:24:50

At 5/30/14 05:08 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
Let's be thankful that we actually live in one of the most safe and peaceful times in human history and that's it's only with the proliferation of the internet and the sensationalism of media that things seem horrible now. As much as human tragedy is terrible, things like this are statistical outliers.

That kinda goes back to "what if this is just a natural, awful, and rare side-effect of humanity?" The technology has become better to kill, the means are more prominent, and quite frankly, our population is massive. So if in the past, out of 1,000,000 people, only one person would go through with killing multiple innocent people, that ratio is applied to our current national population. Even thats extreme, and the math is pulled out of my ass just now, but its kind of the same idea?

And, what you're saying is, now that we have the means to instantly spread news to each other over an event, we are INSTANTLY informed of these tragic events. People don't get danger in their every day lives so they're sensitive to tragedy, and we knee-jerk dwell on it because we're not used to experiencing such horrors.

While I agree with your sentiment here, I disagree with you repeating the narrative of him doing it solely because women did not want to fuck him.

Elliot's manifesto aside, I was painting the hypothetical situation of a future serial killer motivated by such a flimsy and ridiculous premise...."if THIS guy flashed that card, someone is going to play that card someday" is what I was primarily saying.

I partially blame the abysmal state of how we view mental health and men reaching out for help. We live in a hyper masculine culture that shuns men who show any weakness because "real men" wouldn't have that weakness, and then we vilify the people who actually do have problems and are seeking help. Hardly the most tempting of options, I easily see why it led to a breakdown like this. He needed to prove he was an alpha, because heaven fucking forbid someone isn't a fucking alpha in this society.

I think that paranoia even goes back to war; in Vietnam they wouldn't trust anyone who would seek help from a shrink, because it told his fellow comrades would think he's untrustworthy in the battlefield. That they wouldn't be able to depend or rely on them...that left a lot of psychological issues hidden away and unchecked AS they were developing or worsening. Its only just now that people seem to be up in arms about PTSD from our Decade+ "War(s)." ....and even then, they still don't fully understand it the condition of PTSD.

We may very well achieve the stability and peace when we come to thoroughly understanding the human brain, and the solution won't come in the form of a pill. But, rather, therapy and education. Not drugs, but interaction and communicating. Maybe, finally, we can all feel a little safer....if not eliminate the problem of people going crazy and murdering a bunch of people, at least SERIOUSLY cut it down. I don't believe in all of this finger-pointing in the past couple of shootings by blaming aspergers or autism or what have you. But, shit, what do I know?

... It's up to us to try to rise above and help those who still let these base instincts cloud their thoughts. I do not think we can ever truly prevent evil from doing evil, all we can do is mitigate it and lead as many people as we can away from that path. There's no way to 100% prevent it. People will always slip through the cracks and as we fill the cracks more will arise. The best we can do is give it our all and try to fill them as fast as we can.

Even with that metaphor, I can't help but question, "Why don't we just find out whats causing the cracks? See what we can do about it."

We can start by not being such fucking pricks to those different than us and let live.

I absolutely agree.

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-01 19:57:44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQH8LcAsEvA

this guy is right in every sense of the word, instead of improving the obvious issues in american society like lack of mental health care, we completely ignore that hardcore feminists use it to promote their own extremist double-standard agenda

filler text

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-01 21:06:28

At 6/1/14 07:57 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQH8LcAsEvA

this guy is right in every sense of the word, instead of improving the obvious issues in american society like lack of mental health care, we completely ignore that hardcore feminists use it to promote their own extremist double-standard agenda

I don't think that's the correct link but I probably like this one more than whatever you were going for.

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-02 17:47:32

I see myself in his shoes minus the whole murder thing. Its tough because I for one know how tough it can be to live with Aspergers. So many people tell me that I'm bright but that doeesn't mean I can attract girls.

I think \his frustration came from guys and girls rejecting him because of his lack of social skills. He felt a sense of alienation and like members of the so called trenchcoat mafia, he adopted a stance of superiority as he drifted away. His isolation made him lack a sense of emphaty and this led him to dehumanize others and take revenge against him.

I've felt a sense of alienation since I was 12 and even though I had friends and family that cared for me, it didn't stop me from feeling like I was alone and that almost everyone, especially my immediate family was my enemy.

All I can say is that I'll never go out to kill someone but I'll always fight the urge to self destruct. I constantly think about suicide because I feel that life is too complicated for me to cope.

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-02 17:57:48

At 6/2/14 05:50 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I don't understand why this guy thinks that he deserves to have sex and the other guys who got some don't deserve to have any.

He's so isolated that he thinks the world revolves around him and hasn't put in any effort to conform to social rules (or maybe he did, and it backfired). People like this who claim to be the "perfect gentleman" are anything but. If anything, they are perfectly screwed up and need to be admitted to a mental hospital in order to get the help they so desperately need.

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-02 17:59:49

At 6/2/14 05:57 PM, supra187 wrote:
He's so isolated that he thinks the world revolves around him and hasn't put in any effort to conform to social rules (or maybe he did, and it backfired). People like this who claim to be the "perfect gentleman" are anything but. If anything, they are perfectly screwed up and need to be admitted to a mental hospital in order to get the help they so desperately need.

This. The dude obviously had severe mental impairment, he needed help and never got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-02 18:49:25

At 6/2/14 05:59 PM, Ganon-Dorf wrote:
At 6/2/14 05:57 PM, supra187 wrote:
This. The dude obviously had severe mental impairment, he needed help and never got it.

He saw two therapists and describes the experiences with each one in his manifesto (although I haven't got that far yet). The sad thing is that he needed MORE help than what he got. This right here tells you that his roomate saw the warning signs in Elliot but didn't do anything about it either because he was too lazy to do anything or didn't think that anyone would believe him. Its sad that it had to come to this but that is what happened.

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-02 19:05:14

At 6/2/14 05:56 PM, Vnzi wrote: How about we let this die before more and more people sympathise with the killer so I won't lose the small amount of hope I have in humanity.

I agree. Nobody has ever sympathized with a murderer before, so why start with this guy of all people? He's practically Hitler, maybe even worse because he was a misogynist shitlord.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-02 19:15:30

At 6/2/14 07:05 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 6/2/14 05:56 PM, Vnzi wrote: How about we let this die before more and more people sympathise with the killer so I won't lose the small amount of hope I have in humanity.

To do that would be to bury an insightful discussion. We could better understand why the sympathizers are sympathizing, and break it down to whats wrong or right about that.

Its easier to let the thread die than to talk about whats bothering about it.

...Nobody has ever sympathized with a murderer before, so why start with this guy of all people?

Christopher Dorner.

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-02 21:08:59

At 6/2/14 07:23 PM, ManDeep wrote:
We're On To You Obama, You fucking Nagger!

What does this have to do with Elliot Rodger?

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-02 21:24:45

Ban High capacity virgins!

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-02 21:42:24

His stepmom is a cunt btw.

Fuck you.

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-02 22:12:05

At 6/2/14 09:42 PM, Jon4life wrote: His stepmom is a cunt btw.

Source?

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-20 02:53:43

At 6/20/14 02:50 AM, Weeaboo wrote: Jesus christ why dont these shitlords waste their time getting /fit/ and /fa/ to get a cutie, or playing videogames instead of planning mass women killings god fucking damn.

It isn't that easy but yeah, being a misogynist doesn't get you anywhere at all.

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-20 03:07:13

At 6/20/14 02:59 AM, Vnzi wrote:
At 6/20/14 02:50 AM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: If it makes you feel any better, they'll die before they pass their genes.
Like they'll actually have a chance with a female after this shit.

well, there were women who protested the imprisonment of killers like ted bundy, richard ramirez and dzhokhar tsarnaev for shall we say, shallow reasons

never underestimate the possibility of a few people with no dignity and too much time on their hands seeing death threats as some sort of pass

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin shoots up Santa Barbara 2014-06-20 03:30:40

At 6/20/14 02:41 AM, Vnzi wrote: Keshav Bhide threatens to kill women in Washington University, claims “everything Elliot did is perfectly justified"
Yeah, this shit is still alive and well.

First of all, ugh. If that doesn't make everything I'd been trying to talk about in this thread clear as day then I don't know what does. Thank god they caught him before he did anything.

Second of all, this was at the University of Washington, not Washington University. Washington University is a completely different school in a completely different state. I know this because that's my school and you nearly gave me a heart attack haha.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature