00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KushB just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

1 Layer per body part?

376 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

1 Layer per body part? 2014-05-18 18:54:58

I'm working on a Madness Combat animation, and by the looks of it, everyone divides each part of the body into a single layer. Is it really that necessary to make a good Madness Combat animation?

Response to 1 Layer per body part? 2014-05-18 18:57:54

At 5/18/14 06:54 PM, CyanideStaples wrote: I'm working on a Madness Combat animation, and by the looks of it, everyone divides each part of the body into a single layer. Is it really that necessary to make a good Madness Combat animation?

Yes or your tweening will get messed up.

Response to 1 Layer per body part? 2014-05-19 03:33:02

At 5/18/14 06:54 PM, CyanideStaples wrote: I'm working on a Madness Combat animation, and by the looks of it, everyone divides each part of the body into a single layer. Is it really that necessary to make a good Madness Combat animation?

Yes, each body part has to be in its own layer. To answer the 2nd part of your question, No! It is definitely not necessary if you want to make a GOOD Madness Combat Animation. I prefer Frame by frame animation. Its harder though. If you're looking for an easier solution to creating your cartoon, you're kind of fucked. Animation is very hard. No matter what the method.

Response to 1 Layer per body part? 2014-05-19 03:41:23

Yeah, to maintain the look of madness combat with tweening that's what you're gunna want to do. Make sure to use a shit load of symbols too though.