New Topic Respond to this Topic
WrightOnTarget
WrightOnTarget
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Filmmaker
Photography is art, too! 2014-05-14 05:07:49 Reply

Yo, all. I'm a photographer, and I figured I'd start a photography thread. I'm gonna primarily use this as my own photodump, but I guess feel free to post your own.
All my stuff is visible at my website.

[img]http://wrightontarget.smugmug.com/Portfolio/LAist-Portfolio/i-MK2Sv4B/0/M/CSC_0499%20copy-M.jpg[/img]

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Photography is art, too! 2014-05-14 10:44:06 Reply

Image tags don't work in this forum, you'll need to use the include art option.

And while photography is not allowed in the art portal, it's more than welcome in the forum, and we've had personal as well as open threads for photography, so feel free to use this as a personal showcase for your pictures.

WrightOnTarget
WrightOnTarget
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Filmmaker
Response to Photography is art, too! 2014-05-14 15:05:38 Reply

Oh, man, that means I have to resize all my photos.

Photography is art, too!

ChazzTheBoss
ChazzTheBoss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Photography is art, too! 2014-05-14 16:05:49 Reply

At 5/14/14 03:05 PM, protoAuthor wrote: Oh, man, that means I have to resize all my photos.

Well done, I like your photographing! :3

BBS Signature
WrightOnTarget
WrightOnTarget
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Filmmaker
Response to Photography is art, too! 2014-05-14 17:17:19 Reply

By the way, not to whore out too much, but you can buy prints and shit off the site.

Photography is art, too!

koopahermit
koopahermit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Photography is art, too! 2014-05-15 01:22:56 Reply

Dayum. What camera do you use? The focus on the christmas light is sick.

I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say.
"Man, fuck your logic." - HomicidialFrog
"Normal people. They're so fucking weird." - Xenomit

BBS Signature
roekrScreen
roekrScreen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Photography is art, too! 2014-05-15 06:30:51 Reply

I think it is a bit sad that there isn't a photo portal. Anyway one of my photos:

Photography is art, too!

Seriousle
Seriousle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Photography is art, too! 2014-05-15 08:33:50 Reply

At 5/15/14 06:30 AM, roekrScreen wrote: I think it is a bit sad that there isn't a photo portal. Anyway one of my photos:

i think it comes down to policing photo's is a little harder, spotting plagerism and fakes in drawing is pretty easy spotting it with photos is alot harder, at least in my eyes, so its a matter of work i feel the effort out weights the result.. personally. i love photography.

but remember that all of us regulars here look at these forums even if we dont comment, there are still plenty of lurkers :D just put em in the thread and we'll see em

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Photography is art, too! 2014-05-15 09:39:54 Reply

At 5/15/14 08:33 AM, Seriousle wrote: i think it comes down to policing photo's is a little harder, spotting plagerism and fakes in drawing is pretty easy spotting it with photos is alot harder, at least in my eyes, so its a matter of work i feel the effort out weights the result.. personally. i love photography.

I think spotting theft of photos is harder, but mostly because you can't tell if they were taken by the photographer rather than their friend. If there was a huge call for photos, I'm sure you could twist Tom's arm into accepting photography into the art portal, I don't think you'll find anybody who isn't impressed by a good photo.

I would say that judging whether a portfolio of photos is worth scouting is much harder to determine. For example, I really like the textures and the colour of roekr's ball photo. But it could also be argued that he was in the right place at the right time.

I think it is also very easy to get swamped by photo submissions, and most of them aren't worth it. Countrysides, holiday snaps, photos of your friends, flowers, .... bleugh. It's a tough topic of debate.

BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Artist
Response to Photography is art, too! 2014-05-15 10:08:15 Reply

At 5/14/14 03:05 PM, protoAuthor wrote: Oh, man, that means I have to resize all my photos.

I think this one would be better if you flipped it so the Christmas light is on the right since generally western audiences read photos and images left to right the out of focus lights will lead to the focused one better. Right now (for me at least) I skipped over the focus of the picture entirely on my initial look and was wondering what was going on with the picture.

Seriousle
Seriousle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Photography is art, too! 2014-05-16 02:57:26 Reply

At 5/15/14 09:39 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I would say that judging whether a portfolio of photos is worth scouting is much harder to determine. For example, I really like the textures and the colour of roekr's ball photo. But it could also be argued that he was in the right place at the right time.

isnt that the base of photography in general :P be at the right place at the right time haha :P

WrightOnTarget
WrightOnTarget
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Filmmaker
Response to Photography is art, too! 2014-06-02 11:48:43 Reply

At 5/15/14 06:30 AM, roekrScreen wrote: I think it is a bit sad that there isn't a photo portal. Anyway one of my photos:

That's really damn good. I love the texture of it.

Anyways, I've been working on more photos.

I took some long-exposure fire shots.

Photography is art, too!

WrightOnTarget
WrightOnTarget
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Filmmaker
Response to Photography is art, too! 2014-07-19 02:09:49 Reply

Hey, been a while!

PERFECT RULE OF THIRDS

Photography is art, too!