Be a Supporter!

Guess Who's Back?!

  • 7,478 Views
  • 181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-13 23:31:34 Reply

At 5/13/14 11:08 PM, Kinsei wrote:
At 5/13/14 11:04 PM, theclassybutler wrote: Made a real quick change.
your starting to lose your contrast with the black and white making it hard to read in the middle of the word angel.
If you do it like you did death, then it will be a little more clear/

Okay.

theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-13 23:46:55 Reply

I'm gonna call it quits tonight, guys. See ya tomorrow. :)

theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-14 18:43:15 Reply

See? No problems whatsoever uploading this pic! What gives, Newgrounds uploader? And, here's the best part: It was at 400 dpi! I wonder why it decided NOW to work? Anyway, three headed monster which will be Lilica's transformation for when she goes berserk.

Guess Who's Back?!

Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-14 22:07:54 Reply

At 5/14/14 06:43 PM, theclassybutler wrote: See? No problems whatsoever uploading this pic! What gives, Newgrounds uploader? And, here's the best part: It was at 400 dpi! I wonder why it decided NOW to work?

I assume you saying it was 400 dpi means that it was a very high resolution. When you upload something that is more than 720 pixels wide or 700 pixels tall, Newgrounds resizes your picture and tends to lower the quality a lot to lower the filesize. That is probably the reason.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-15 02:25:55 Reply

At 5/14/14 10:07 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 5/14/14 06:43 PM, theclassybutler wrote: See? No problems whatsoever uploading this pic! What gives, Newgrounds uploader? And, here's the best part: It was at 400 dpi! I wonder why it decided NOW to work?
I assume you saying it was 400 dpi means that it was a very high resolution. When you upload something that is more than 720 pixels wide or 700 pixels tall, Newgrounds resizes your picture and tends to lower the quality a lot to lower the filesize. That is probably the reason.

Ah... Okay then. That makes a whole lot of sense (not really). So, why can't they just up the file size limit?

Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-15 02:32:48 Reply

At 5/15/14 02:25 AM, theclassybutler wrote: Ah... Okay then. That makes a whole lot of sense (not really). So, why can't they just up the file size limit?

If everyone uploaded gigantic files, NG would have problems storing everything on their servers.

Uploading a large file with thousands of pixels in each direection won't do any good to the viewer since the width of the forum is only 720 px wide anyway.


BBS Signature
theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-15 02:33:47 Reply

For shits and giggles. And because I love Kaneko Kazuma's art style. That, and I am a HUGE Megaten nut.

Guess Who's Back?!

Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-15 02:44:54 Reply

At 5/15/14 02:33 AM, theclassybutler wrote: For shits and giggles. And because I love Kaneko Kazuma's art style. That, and I am a HUGE Megaten nut.

Doesn't really look any different from your usual stuff.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-15 02:52:04 Reply

At 5/15/14 02:44 AM, Aigis wrote:
At 5/15/14 02:33 AM, theclassybutler wrote: For shits and giggles. And because I love Kaneko Kazuma's art style. That, and I am a HUGE Megaten nut.
Doesn't really look any different from your usual stuff.

Eh, I tried. Perhaps I should have done it from the front view, or made her eyes a little thinner. It was a good joke attempt, at least in my opinion. Maybe I will try again sometime.

theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-21 18:49:26 Reply

GOOD LORD! It's been SIX DAYS since my last post on here?!! Hot Jesus!!! I am so sorry, that is WAY too long!

Anyway, here's a bit of fan art of a game or rather, game series I have been playing lately. It's wicked challenging and a lot of fun. I have been having a ball with Shin Megami Tensei IV, and plan on getting Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and the Devil Survivor games at some point. I'm starting with Strange Journey, though. Anyway, here's a sketch of my project to be.

Guess Who's Back?!

theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-21 23:52:52 Reply

Well... I'll try to finish my Shin Megami Tensei painting tomorrow.

theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-22 02:36:12 Reply

For anyone who CARES, here's a preview of my next painting. I got one of the characters depicted NEARLY completed, and will move onto the next one tomorrow.

I love how Hua Po turned out, though... Such cuteness!

Guess Who's Back?!

theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-22 02:48:35 Reply

This is something that would be fun. This should involve not just me. The thread, I mean. I think you guys should be able to join in for a spell while I work on a couple of projects for Shin Megami Tensei.

Guess Who's Back?!

rendibsivad
rendibsivad
  • Member since: Apr. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-22 02:57:02 Reply

At 5/21/14 06:49 PM, theclassybutler wrote: GOOD LORD! It's been SIX DAYS since my last post on here?!! Hot Jesus!!! I am so sorry, that is WAY too long!

Anyway, here's a bit of fan art of a game or rather, game series I have been playing lately. It's wicked challenging and a lot of fun. I have been having a ball with Shin Megami Tensei IV, and plan on getting Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and the Devil Survivor games at some point. I'm starting with Strange Journey, though. Anyway, here's a sketch of my project to be.

I don't know.. The pictures seem to be a bit unfinished.. It is sort of like the rough rough stage.. Perhaps you could use something like flash or something to make it look finished!! Or maybe you could use a pen or something to make the lines darker!! Other than that! It looks really good.. Looking forward for something that looks.. finishy...


the lord of our savior. el christio

BBS Signature
theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-22 02:59:06 Reply

At 5/22/14 02:57 AM, rendibsivad wrote:
At 5/21/14 06:49 PM, theclassybutler wrote: GOOD LORD! It's been SIX DAYS since my last post on here?!! Hot Jesus!!! I am so sorry, that is WAY too long!

Anyway, here's a bit of fan art of a game or rather, game series I have been playing lately. It's wicked challenging and a lot of fun. I have been having a ball with Shin Megami Tensei IV, and plan on getting Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and the Devil Survivor games at some point. I'm starting with Strange Journey, though. Anyway, here's a sketch of my project to be.
I don't know.. The pictures seem to be a bit unfinished.. It is sort of like the rough rough stage.. Perhaps you could use something like flash or something to make it look finished!! Or maybe you could use a pen or something to make the lines darker!! Other than that! It looks really good.. Looking forward for something that looks.. finishy...

Dude... That's kinda the point. I'm showing people how much progress I make with every picture I post, showing rough sketch to finished product. It's a step by step process and I want to show people how things turn out. :)

rendibsivad
rendibsivad
  • Member since: Apr. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-22 03:50:52 Reply


Dude... That's kinda the point. I'm showing people how much progress I make with every picture I post, showing rough sketch to finished product. It's a step by step process and I want to show people how things turn out. :)

oh ok.. I understanddddddddd.. good luk wit it then.. :)


the lord of our savior. el christio

BBS Signature
theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-22 18:57:02 Reply

Oh! About that logo... Well... I have a little game I wish to play with you. Here is the concept. I want YOU GUYS to draw a demon from Shin Megami Tensei. However, it can ONLY LOOK SIMILAR to the demon in question. I want you to basically put your own spin on a demon design from the series! It can be ANY DEMON, God, Goddess, Angel, etc you want, so long as it is included in Shin Megami Tensei, and yes, that means from the entire series' 500+ roster! It can be a new version of Mara drawn silly, a Jack Frost with a huge boner, Pyro Jack fucking Jack Frost, but on one condition: They have altered designs. I will post an example soon enough, but please, feel free to post your demon designs. I want this thread to be about you guys as much as it is about me, so let's all have some fun with it, okay? ^U^

theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-26 03:48:07 Reply

These are a couple of characters I haven't done anything with since I drew them. They were supposed to be for this thing called "Knockout" I was writing a story for, but forgot about a while ago... I might do some fight scene practice with these two before working on Death Angel or any other project I have in the ol' noggin.

Woman: Roselle De' Beaumont
Man: Marconi Accardo

Guess Who's Back?!

theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-26 03:50:50 Reply

First off, I know I can do much better than this. I know I have, but I am just getting back into digital painting, and may start doing it on a regular basis. Probably once a week.

  • Busy Playing SMT IV
    Busy Playing SMT IV by theclassybutler

    This is a painting of me playing Shin Megami Tensei IV. There's Pixie and Hua Po, as well as me!

    Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    13 Views
    Rated
    Everyone

theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-27 01:18:25 Reply

Improved on the logo.

Guess Who's Back?!

theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-28 17:42:54 Reply

I'm really starting to wonder what the fucking point of this thread is if no one's going to comment on it. Seriously... What the fuck is the point?

Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-28 17:50:05 Reply

At 5/28/14 05:42 PM, theclassybutler wrote: I'm really starting to wonder what the fucking point of this thread is if no one's going to comment on it. Seriously... What the fuck is the point?

Totally.


BBS Signature
theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-28 17:54:55 Reply

At 5/28/14 05:50 PM, Sockembop wrote:
At 5/28/14 05:42 PM, theclassybutler wrote: I'm really starting to wonder what the fucking point of this thread is if no one's going to comment on it. Seriously... What the fuck is the point?
Totally.

Why would you say that? Are you trying to maybe piss me off by being a smartass, or do you genuinely agree with me?

theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-28 18:54:00 Reply

If you give a shit, here's me trying out a new technique where the sketch layer is placed under the "Multiply blend mode. This would be a new way of doing lineless painting, but using the sketch's lines as a guide for where certain strokes for shading should go. I'm going to try this new technique for my next piece. If anyone has anything better, PLEASE let me know. More importantly, PLEASE help a fellow artist out. PLEASE?

Guess Who's Back?!

Template88
Template88
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-28 19:03:51 Reply

welcome to art,

where people generally dont give a shit about you

draw some porn or something if you want instant attention, sheesh.

also come on compare your art threads to other peoples art threads here, why do YOU expect special treatment, nobody comments on a thread unless its worth commenting on, most of the time a thread isnt worth commenting on unless the artist did something exceptional or different, which is nothing here, im not trying to be a dick, just telling you how reality is.

stop having unrealistic expectations


Thoughts in chaos...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
Daker777NG
Daker777NG
  • Member since: Sep. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-28 21:56:36 Reply

I very rarely get any comments in my art thread but i don't care, i just see it as a record of my progress.

theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-29 04:09:55 Reply

At 5/28/14 09:56 PM, Daker777NG wrote: I very rarely get any comments in my art thread but i don't care, i just see it as a record of my progress.

I agree somewhat, but I'd rather have people give me constructive feedback as well. That makes progress more meaningful knowing someone, or a group of people were pushing you along as you went.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-29 21:59:38 Reply

At 5/29/14 04:09 AM, theclassybutler wrote: I agree somewhat, but I'd rather have people give me constructive feedback as well. That makes progress more meaningful knowing someone, or a group of people were pushing you along as you went.

You could always go back and look at your past threads, there's enough pushing in those to get you to the moon and back a few times. But really though if I remember correctly a lot of the issues you are currently having and many of the aspects of your art that can use improvement are more or less the same as they were in the past so the pointers given in those old threads could probably help you a lot in your current work.

theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-29 23:04:37 Reply

At 5/29/14 09:59 PM, JackDCurleo wrote:
At 5/29/14 04:09 AM, theclassybutler wrote:
You could always go back and look at your past threads, there's enough pushing in those to get you to the moon and back a few times. But really though if I remember correctly a lot of the issues you are currently having and many of the aspects of your art that can use improvement are more or less the same as they were in the past so the pointers given in those old threads could probably help you a lot in your current work.

I have been applying those tips over time, though. I think I have improved, if a little bit over the last few months. But, I get what you're saying. Still, I would like some more comments on THIS thread.

theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Guess Who's Back?! 2014-05-30 01:43:14 Reply

Some Dead or Alive fan art. I really like playing as Kasumi, and I find her to be a very gorgeous female character. She's also strong and can kick ass with the best of em! >:)

Guess Who's Back?!