00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Starting as a Flash programmer

517 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Starting as a Flash programmer 2014-05-11 11:57:23

Sup! I was wondering how to make a Sim Date game (I don't really like romantic stories, I was thinking about using Sim Date games' structure for making an RPG) with all of it's variables (money, HP, strenght, charm, intelligence, energy...) and different endings. The thing is that I have no clue of how to make even a simple Flash movie, so I came here to ask if any of you guys know a guide for starting as a Flash programmer, what specific program should I use or what should I do as a start.
--
Thanks for reading and/or replying!

I didn't farted

Response to Starting as a Flash programmer 2014-05-11 12:31:21

hi, starting a project is good but if you have no idea how to start i think you should think about something smaller...

first you should start by making some simple thing:
-making buttons
-menu
-learning how to use if/else
-clip mouvement
-how to import clip during the game (like missile for a shoot em up)
-how to use variable and condition

after that you can start doing things i think

on dit qu'un homme qui creuse son trou finis par tomber dedans...

Response to Starting as a Flash programmer 2014-05-11 12:34:22

starting AS2 is really easy AS3 is harder but more powerfull you can use adobe flash pro to do this kind of game with this langage

on dit qu'un homme qui creuse son trou finis par tomber dedans...

Response to Starting as a Flash programmer 2014-05-11 13:10:28

At 5/11/14 12:31 PM, babakar wrote: hi, starting a project is good but if you have no idea how to start i think you should think about something smaller...

first you should start by making some simple thing:
-making buttons
-menu
-learning how to use if/else
-clip mouvement
-how to import clip during the game (like missile for a shoot em up)
-how to use variable and condition

after that you can start doing things i think

Thanks for your help! I'll start practicing and watching/reading tutorials right away!

I didn't farted

Response to Starting as a Flash programmer 2014-05-11 21:11:36

Don't learn AS2. Learn AS3. Yes, it has a steeper learning curve but it is wayyy more efficient than AS2. Also like the other user stated - start small. Give up that dream of an RPG game.....for now. Make very small, basic games as you continue to learn new code. RPG's are crazy difficult yet every beginner wants to make one....until they start learning how hard it is to code. Start small and build from there.

In short: Learn AS3, don't give up, make small game demos/projects as you learn new code, and lastly - don't give up.

Best of luck to you.

Response to Starting as a Flash programmer 2014-05-12 19:34:26

First begin with something little and learn the basics of programming, and in some months (or years, that depends in you) you can start with the advanced programming, like I did, (pass for my channel if you want to see my movies and my game).
I begin making something really little, a demo, its really little, but when i did that game i was a begineer in programing, maybe you can take that game like an example.
If you have any question contact me.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And the universe I'm not sure." Albert Einstein.

BBS Signature