00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sk8er-Gaius15 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

First Game for iOS!

655 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

First Game for iOS! 2014-05-10 21:13:56

Hey guys,

After learning and tweaking my knowledge into iOS Development I finally released my first iOS game on AppStore.
If you could give it a try and give me suggestions on how to improve it I would be so grateful.

Search for "Meteo Rush" on AppStore, it is totally free.

Twitter: @MeteoRush
Regards,
TehFlash

Response to First Game for iOS! 2014-05-11 07:51:32

I was going to be annoyed if there was any ads in the game whatsoever because then I feel like you are just trying to gather traffic to increase profit....but you didn't have any, so:

I liked your game. For your first mobile game I think you did really well. It gets kinda old though after score of 100 but that increased drop of meteors does help alleviate this. Really loved the music in the game - it's what really kept me going. My only issue is that you can be hit by a meteor and then immediately be hit by another. Given that the meteors usually drop in groups this results instant game over if caught in one of the groups onscreen. I would suggest making it so that you are invincible for a brief period after getting hit to remedy this issue.

Keep up the good work.

Response to First Game for iOS! 2014-05-11 15:23:52

At 5/11/14 07:51 AM, Hero101 wrote: I was going to be annoyed if there was any ads in the game whatsoever because then I feel like you are just trying to gather traffic to increase profit....but you didn't have any, so:

I liked your game. For your first mobile game I think you did really well. It gets kinda old though after score of 100 but that increased drop of meteors does help alleviate this. Really loved the music in the game - it's what really kept me going. My only issue is that you can be hit by a meteor and then immediately be hit by another. Given that the meteors usually drop in groups this results instant game over if caught in one of the groups onscreen. I would suggest making it so that you are invincible for a brief period after getting hit to remedy this issue.

Keep up the good work.

I really appreciate your suggestions Hero101, since it is my first game on the iOS framework I decided not adding any ads until I've introduced new game modes. I'll take in mind your suggestion on my next update!

Thank you very much!

Response to First Game for iOS! 2014-05-11 17:38:40

I really appreciate your suggestions Hero101, since it is my first game on the iOS framework I decided not adding any ads until I've introduced new game modes. I'll take in mind your suggestion on my next update!

Thank you very much!

No problemo. I just released my first game here on newgrounds last month. Still have a lot more to learn (AS3) but I love it. Pretty soon going to start looking into how to make mobile games as well. I'll keep your game on my phone in case you update it :)

Best of luck to you.