00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dialusional just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Microsoft Surface for Animation?

1,187 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Microsoft Surface for Animation? 2014-05-10 20:54:47

So there are Wintab drivers available for the Microsoft surface, does this make it a liable drawing tablet? It'd be nice to animate wherever, plus a Surface Pro is roughly $500 USD while a Wacom 13HD is around $1000, would it be something decent to use?

Yea..Best Signature..Ever.

Response to Microsoft Surface for Animation? 2014-05-12 01:54:15

At 5/10/14 08:54 PM, Kixen wrote: So there are Wintab drivers available for the Microsoft surface, does this make it a liable drawing tablet? It'd be nice to animate wherever, plus a Surface Pro is roughly $500 USD while a Wacom 13HD is around $1000, would it be something decent to use?

It works good enough. I had a Samsung slate for a while, pretty much the same specs. The pressure sensitivity is good but it's a tiny screen to work on. I'd recommend getting a second hand Cintiq over a Surface personally. They're way better if you get a decent sized one and I honestly think touchscreens are more of a pain than they're worth. You need a keyboard if you want to do any real animating because there are several keys missing from the windows on-screen keyboard so the only real advantage is using the touch for zoom and rotate and a lot of animation programs (including Adobe software) don't support this feature and will glitch out hardcore. Also 90% of the time any buttons aretoo small for your fat hand to press so you have to always be using the stylus anyway. I've seen old 21UX's from as low as $500. I have a Cintiq Companion which is the same size as a 13HD, I used to have a 24HD which I had to sell unfortunately and if I could get another one I would.