00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Un-published audio?

989 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Un-published audio? 2014-05-04 19:57:57

I've been uploading a few of my songs onto this site hoping for some constructive criticism. Most of my uploads are made with soundfonts from Castlevania cause I like how they sound and I'm trying to learn how to write a proper song before getting into realistic sounds with effects.

My latest upload was un-published though, and I'm not sure why. I get this message on the project page:
"This project has been un-published by the Newgrounds moderation team.
This is likely due to a violation of our terms of use (ie, copyright violation, maliscious content, etc..).
If you feel this submission was removed in error, please send a private message to WadeFulp and be sure to include the URL of this project for review."

Here's a link to the unpublished song

Is using a soundfont from a videogame a copyright violation? If so, pretty much all of my songs on this site should be un-published.

I messaged WadeFulp 2 days ago with no response, then I found some other threads of people with the same problem, their projects were re-published by other moderators so I figured I'd ask too.

I'd appreciate if a moderator could clarify this
Thanks

Response to Un-published audio? 2014-05-04 20:05:55

Using copyrighted audio, no matter how little is grounds for your audio to be unpublished (It's also grounds for a ban FYI).
There is no "Fair Use" here on NG. Doesn't matter what it is, or where it's from, if it's copyrighted, we do not allow it.

Also, if all of your audio uses copyrighted audio, I'd suggest removing it before we do.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Un-published audio? 2014-05-04 20:15:57

At 5/4/14 08:05 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Using copyrighted audio, no matter how little is grounds for your audio to be unpublished (It's also grounds for a ban FYI).
There is no "Fair Use" here on NG. Doesn't matter what it is, or where it's from, if it's copyrighted, we do not allow it.

Also, if all of your audio uses copyrighted audio, I'd suggest removing it before we do.

Thanks for the quick reply. i just wasn't sure if a soundfont was copyrighted

Response to Un-published audio? 2014-05-04 20:29:53

At 5/4/14 08:15 PM, ILG924 wrote:
At 5/4/14 08:05 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Using copyrighted audio, no matter how little is grounds for your audio to be unpublished (It's also grounds for a ban FYI).

Thanks for the quick reply. i just wasn't sure if a soundfont was copyrighted

If the sounds are ripped right from the original source (I.E. a Castlevania game), then yes, they are under copyright.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Un-published audio? 2014-05-05 10:33:55

At 5/4/14 10:41 PM, Conal wrote:
At 5/4/14 08:05 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Also, if all of your audio uses copyrighted audio, I'd suggest removing it before we do.
Is this allowed, senpai?
http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/view/767243
I didn't rip a MIDI into it, but it's obvious what this is based upon.

I can upload it elsewhere, it's not a problem.

I'm not at all familiar with MLP, but as far as I can tell, there aren't any samples from the show in there, so there isn't a problem.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Un-published audio? 2014-05-05 10:58:21

ehh, if you hadn't have said you got the sounds from a particular game nobody would've noticed! :v

p.s. i am gay