00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

clionetiddies just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What do you think of my game?

303 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What do you think of my game? 2014-05-03 12:29:43

Hello everyone,

This is my first game ever and I'd appreciate some reviews. I initially uploaded a much poorer version of it and got some bad reviews and by the time I made updates that made it better, the game became old archive of NG already. Here it is:

Reviews and rates from everyone welcome!

Response to What do you think of my game? 2014-05-03 16:48:41

You should tweak the camera to be a bit more dynamic. It's good practice have your camera zoom out when it's moving quickly and centered ahead of your character so that most of the screen shows you what you're about to hit rather than what you've just passed.

You should also work on the colour scheme a bit more. It's difficult to tell which objects will hit you and which ones are just decoration. Generally you should fade all background, decorative and irrelevant objects towards a pastel colour like purple or turquoise or something so that the objects which matter to the player will stand out more.

And the level reset is a bit too sensitive, there were a couple of situations which I could have gotten out of but it reset me anyway. It would probably be better to have a timer and a reset button instead of trying to figure out when the player is stuck.

The physics and collision detection seem to work quite well.
You using Box2D?

Response to What do you think of my game? 2014-05-05 16:30:58

At 5/3/14 04:48 PM, AnteHero wrote:
The physics and collision detection seem to work quite well.
You using Box2D?

No, just using default Stencyl tools and my coding.