00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

switizuwu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread

7,982 Views | 191 Replies

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-25 19:55:40

Pacers suck and Thunder are screwed ever since Ibaka was out for the rest of the series. Spurs were going to be hard for the Thunder even with Ibaka playing, but now that Ibaka isn't playing I expect a lop-sided sweep for the Spurs.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-25 22:09:01

At 5/25/14 07:55 PM, TheKlown wrote: Pacers suck and Thunder are screwed ever since Ibaka was out for the rest of the series. Spurs were going to be hard for the Thunder even with Ibaka playing, but now that Ibaka isn't playing I expect a lop-sided sweep for the Spurs.

Except Ibaka is playing right now.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-26 22:55:00

So much for the Pacers, they were the only team that can keep up with the Heats but this time they're pretty much done for. Just hope the Pacers can win Game 5 but when it comes tot he series, unless they can pull off a semi-miracle, don't expect this to happen.

Guess our best hope is whoever wins the Western Conference.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-26 23:09:16

Pacers are trash and Spurs will finish the job against the Heat this time.

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-27 22:12:02

The team formerly known as...are now looking good so far in a game they needed at this time. If they can pull away from the Spurs further, they'll be in a good shape.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-28 01:36:37

I have been routing for the Heat since the beginning. They will beat the Pacers and then win the Championship again.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-28 16:58:58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyfdfbfPSXA

I like both OKC and Spurs because the players on those team seem like cool guys. However, I was rolling with the Spurs but with the way EDP acted over the game being 2-2 and the series up for grabs makes me want OKC to win it. He is crying that it's rigged... Really??? Shit ain't rigged, Ibaka came back at the right time. These are two very competitive teams and either can win it. Is he the only Spurs fan acting like this, or are others already calling it defeat?

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-28 17:26:29

Can you believe the uproar by the media over Mark Cuban's comment? They acted like he's the incarnation of Donald Sterling but if one knew what Cuban said, it's not remotely close to being racist.

In fact, what he said is something anyone can agree with.

Never mind the fact that the media even left out the fact that Cuban also said that he would avoid the while man with tattoos as well.

Do they hate Cuban that much?

He has nothing to apologize for.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-28 17:57:44

At 5/28/14 05:26 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Can you believe the uproar by the media over Mark Cuban's comment? They acted like he's the incarnation of Donald Sterling but if one knew what Cuban said, it's not remotely close to being racist.

In fact, what he said is something anyone can agree with.

Never mind the fact that the media even left out the fact that Cuban also said that he would avoid the while man with tattoos as well.

Do they hate Cuban that much?

He has nothing to apologize for.

The Liberal Media are the only ones criticizing him because Liberals are extremely racist themselves. FoxNews isn't criticizing him for it, because everything he said is the truth. People do have racist tendencies to stereotype each other and thats basically what Mark Cuban said.

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-28 22:41:06

Good that the Pacers took over for the time being.

If they can pull away further, this can enable them to live to fight for another game.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-28 23:05:44

Pacers delay the inevitable and find a way to win game 5. Heat probably finish the Pacers in the next game.

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-30 01:42:52

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-30 19:14:00

Does Miami Heat finish the Pacers today or in game 7 in Indy? I think today is the day Miami finishes the Pacers. What would shock me if if Pacers came back and won 2 in a row. I don't think thats likely tho. It seems Miami is fixed to win it all.

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-31 11:07:14

It wasn't much of a surprise that Miami won the East, I always knew that the Pacers were frauds and it was only a matter of time before they were put out of their misery.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-05-31 22:28:30

Wow, the ex-Sonics just fell apart in the third quarter, good grief.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-01 00:16:04

Good job going to the championship again Miami Heat. I never get tired of watching them win.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-02 11:41:34

Now that the Finals match up is all set, Yahoo Answers have flood with pro-Lebron questions by some crazy fantard while trashing Michael Jordan at the same time, showing the poster's "knowledge" of basketball history.

In the meantime, the Heat and the Spurs will be facing off in a rematch.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-02 11:46:30

I have Spurs in 6. I probably should go with the Heat since it's probably fixed to go the Heats way. Officiating usually tends to go Miami's way, whether that's coincidence or not, or STAR treament is another discussion.

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-05 23:24:58

The game have started and it's a back and forth affair right now.

Can the Spurs pull ahead of the Heat?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-06 11:37:24

And so the Spurs won the opener, but keep in mind, despite the result the game for the most part was pretty close. Also the Spurs won the opener last year as well, just hope this time the result will be different but as we all know, it won't be easy. The Heat may have weakened, at the same time the Spurs are an aging team which pretty much offsets the advantage one would have over the other so don't be surprised if this gets to seven games like last time.

Also some brain dead idiot in Yahoo Answers thinks Bosh is better than Duncan.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-06 16:16:42

At 6/6/14 11:37 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: And so the Spurs won the opener, but keep in mind, despite the result the game for the most part was pretty close. Also the Spurs won the opener last year as well, just hope this time the result will be different but as we all know, it won't be easy. The Heat may have weakened, at the same time the Spurs are an aging team which pretty much offsets the advantage one would have over the other so don't be surprised if this gets to seven games like last time.

History has told us that the Heat will bounce back, every time they go down in game 1, also, I doubt that the A/C and Lebron's cramps will act up again in Game 2. Kind of sad that some idiots are bashing Lebron for not playing through a cramp despite the fact that it's almost impossible to even play with, there are some injuries that no one can play through, no matter how tough or gifted they are.

People keep saying that the Spurs are better than last year's team, but I don't really see that at all. If anything, they are the Utah Jazz of the late 90's, aging stars giving it one last go against a once in a generation player/team, and we all knew how that ended. Of course the Spurs won 4 titles beforehand, but the similarities are virtually the same otherwise.

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-06 16:58:52

maybe the games are fixed but lebron james still is a BEAST

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-06 17:24:56

If Lebron James is able to play in game 2, than I believe he exaggerated his injury. The way Lebron was acting, makes me think this injury is really serious and that he probably won't play in game 2. Will see tho.

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-06 20:38:18

At 6/6/14 04:16 PM, orangebomb wrote:

People keep saying that the Spurs are better than last year's team, but I don't really see that at all. If anything, they are the Utah Jazz of the late 90's, aging stars giving it one last go against a once in a generation player/team, and we all knew how that ended. Of course the Spurs won 4 titles beforehand, but the similarities are virtually the same otherwise.

I say they're more closer to the Lakers of the late 1980s.

The Jazz didn't win so it's not even close.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-06 20:51:42

At 6/6/14 05:24 PM, TheKlown wrote: If Lebron James is able to play in game 2, than I believe he exaggerated his injury. The way Lebron was acting, makes me think this injury is really serious and that he probably won't play in game 2. Will see tho.

Actually, being that it is the big game, Lebron will at least try to play for it since I can't see him sitting this one out, even if he gets sick.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-08 22:50:50

Series is now tied at 1 game apiece going to Miami. I think Lebron's performance in this game will shut up the dumbasses who said that he couldn't play the rest of the game with a cramp last time, for now.

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-10 22:51:03

I wish the Spurs had won Game 2, that way they would have a shot of going up 3-0 rather than 2-1. Still, better to be up 2-1 than to be down 1-2, but as we all know, it doesn't mean a thing if you don't take advantage of it, remember last year.

At least we got ourselves a series in the end.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-10 22:56:12

Spurs are choking

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-10 23:03:46

Spurs suck ass, and choked a 21 point lead away. Now they ate only ahead by 9 points and Miami keeps scoring.

Response to 2014 Nba Playoffs Discussion Thread 2014-06-10 23:16:33

correction, it was a 25 point lead Spurs had which is now down to only a 10 point lead right now.