00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Movies that make you cry ?

1,629 Views | 37 Replies

Response to Movies that make you cry ? 2014-04-18 12:19:30

I also almost cried at the end of 12 years a slave... but those were more happy tears.

Response to Movies that make you cry ? 2014-04-18 18:22:10

At 4/18/14 11:50 AM, SithCorduroy wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdXfVjRZ0yU

When King Kong died in the 2005 movie.

I was hoping for a puff of dust or dirt to come up from the ground after it hit.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that make you cry ? 2014-04-18 19:16:36

Obviously. Toy Story 3

And also Instructions Not Included. Dat twist @ the end... You just can't see that movie without getting hit in the feels.

Movies that make you cry ?

Gonna open my bar on Glenside!

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that make you cry ? 2014-04-18 19:22:39

Cinema Paradiso sets me off.

I'm struggling to think of any films that destroy me more than the finale of Babylon 5, though. 45 minutes of continuous weeping.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that make you cry ? 2014-04-18 20:22:47

ikiru
the cove
martyrs
the pianist
enter the void
looking for mr. goodbar

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that make you cry ? 2014-04-18 20:45:30

The Downfall.

I cry for fuhrer every night

Response to Movies that make you cry ? 2014-04-18 21:28:38

There have been a bunch. When I cry over a movie it's usually more about it being touching than it being sad, if that makes sense. Examples.

The end of Kill Bill part 2. Where they're running off the cast and that triumphant music is playing. "Uma Thurman as Beatrix Kiddo, aka Black Mamba, aka the bride, aka Mommy." That gets me

The end of Chaplin. Where he's being honored at the oscars by a country and industry he thought forgot him, not to mention the powerful use of actual Charlie Chaplin films.

This one is one I use whenever there's a thread like this. I've seen the movie a hundred times and it still does this.
South Park: Bigger, longer and uncut.
Kenny makes that supreme sacrifice and is willing to go back to hell. He pulls off his hood and says goodbye. Then there's the rousing musical number that ends with Kenny flying up into heaven. THAT IS FUCKING TOUCHING.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S48x-W1ESYs (NSFW: cartoon titties)

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that make you cry ? 2014-04-18 21:38:14

This Thai Advert is almost guaranteed to make you cry.
Maybe I've exaggerated a little...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaWA2GbcnJU