00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

General Discussion

379 Views | 7 Replies

General Discussion 2014-04-17 00:24:18

Well, this is General, after all.

So, let's discuss the general topics which seem pertinent to us.

Other threads, from a third-person; general themes of discussion or topic; users we do or do not really like, and WHY; what the hell is going on with the world; what the hell is going on in OUR worlds...

Bring up new topics, talk about ones already brought up.

Well, whatever. I will discuss my new job.

Working, going door-to-door not "selling," but might as well be, and convincing homeowners that my totally legit company is totally legit and we can help them deal with insurance agencies for home upgrades.

Hourly plus commission.

I hate selling, but it's worth it because the company's legitimate and I'm making good money.

Which threads have you disliked most?

Who are your favorite NGBBS users and why? (love 'em or hate 'em)

What do you think people operate on, and why?

/general is for general discussions let's see what happens...

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to General Discussion 2014-04-17 00:28:46

Hey Tom, just upgrade the chat. I don't even know what people talk about there.

Response to General Discussion 2014-04-17 00:32:49

So is this going to be like ng chat, except not as shitastic?

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to General Discussion 2014-04-17 00:35:36

At 4/17/14 12:32 AM, koopahermit wrote: So is this going to be like ng chat, except not as shitastic?

No, not quite, just better, and we can upgrade the thread by having references to posts and being more cohesive because we can think about what we say.

BBS Signature

Response to General Discussion 2014-04-17 00:45:12

I had a door-to-door job once. Trying to sell subscriptions to the Dallas Morning News, only making $10 per subscription signed. Sometimes I'd come home with nothing to show for the streets and streets I trekked in the Texan summer heat. I would never do it again.

Its how I developed my phobia for wasps and hornets. That would be the first thing I checked when I stepped up to a new porch, a quick look up for a nest check. You'd be amazed how big those those nests got.

One day, a bleary-eyed teenager who clearly just woke up answered the door. He started freaking out as he opened the door and his tiny black chihuahua got out and started bouncing around on between me and his owner, yapping away at me. I thought the dog was kinda cute, so I leaned down to let him sniff my hand...

...the little asshole jumped up, clamped down on my crotch and started shaking around like it was a tug of war rope. I screamed. I completely forgot that I had a clipboard in my hand to bludgeon the dog with, so I instead just clutched my own head in agony while this dog was STILL HANGING from my crotch, close-mawed. The kid leisurely said "Oh, jeez, sorry." slowly walked over like this kind of shit happens all the time, grabbed the dog by the body and pulled it off of me as hard as he could. The dog let go. I clutched my groin in agony, looked up at the dog in the teen's arms as the dog barked some more and licked his lips.

That fuckin' dog...

...I limped over to the curb in front of his house and just kinda sat on the curb for a while. Stared at the sky...wondering why I do this. What the fuck has my life become. I could hear the dog's muffled barks from inside the house as he yipped at me from the window. I got up and continued my route.

Not but five houses down, there was another fucking chihuahua...this one barking at me from the other side of a closed glass screen door. I was ready to kick the shit out of it when the door opened...thats probably why I didn't get that subscription either.

Not long after, I quit.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to General Discussion 2014-04-17 00:52:22

At 4/17/14 12:45 AM, Phobotech wrote: Not long after, I quit.

Well I've not had an experience quite like that, however a dog did escape and bolt up the block as a woman opened the door for me. Obviously didn't get that one.

Saw the dog a few hours later still bolting around the block... Oh, well.

At 4/17/14 12:46 AM, Piggler wrote:
At 4/17/14 12:35 AM, Lagerkapo wrote:
At 4/17/14 12:32 AM, koopahermit wrote: So is this going to be like ng chat, except not as shitastic?
No, not quite, just better, and we can upgrade the thread by having references to posts and being more cohesive because we can think about what we say.
Oh cool, because I fucking hate chat, and I also dislike being confined to discussing a single topic.

Chat is fucktarded (that's why I love it), and one topic is not the topic generality (of which there is none) of this thread :)

BBS Signature

Response to General Discussion 2014-04-17 00:52:54

Oh cool, because I fucking hate chat, and I also dislike being confined to discussing a single topic.

Ng chat has aids.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to General Discussion 2014-04-17 00:57:17

At 4/17/14 12:52 AM, koopahermit wrote:
Ng chat has aids.

AIDS*, and it's high on miracles, paroxysms of miscommunication and Crack Cocaine!

BBS Signature