00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Please review my art work

1,168 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Please review my art work 2014-04-15 18:08:38

This is my third post on forum on this subject and i can't delete the past ones sorry.
So here it is my best art work so far.
I am waiting your reviews.

Response to Please review my art work 2014-04-15 18:17:17

It's pretty okay actually, I recommended you.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Please review my art work 2014-04-15 19:14:57

Its pretty good for only using black. Did you originally draw this with multiple colors and then use a filter?

This post made possible by Plymouth58.

It's muh birthday. Where is my caik? 5/8/1994 - 5/8/2014

Beer next year!

BBS Signature

Response to Please review my art work 2014-04-16 05:42:40

At 4/15/14 07:14 PM, Plymouth58 wrote: Its pretty good for only using black. Did you originally draw this with multiple colors and then use a filter?

No, I just use black + background (withe). I didn't use any filter.
Can you give my a rating?

Response to Please review my art work 2014-04-16 05:44:53

At 4/15/14 06:17 PM, Slint wrote: It's pretty okay actually, I recommended you.

Can you give me a rating?

Response to Please review my art work 2014-04-17 22:51:44

At 4/15/14 07:14 PM, Plymouth58 wrote: Its pretty good for only using black. Did you originally draw this with multiple colors and then use a filter?

Is that not allowed or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Please review my art work 2014-06-08 22:53:50

I'll review your stuff in exchange for a review.

Response to Please review my art work 2014-06-09 01:02:25

At 6/8/14 10:53 PM, theclassybutler wrote: I'll review your stuff in exchange for a review.

This really rubs me the wrong way. If you're going to review his work then review it. Don't do this share for share, facebook/instagram/twitter crap. And especially don't post plugs to your art in another person's thread it feels very incorrect to me at least, personal threads are for the original artist's work only. If you want a review ask for one in your thread.
That being said...

I looked through your stuff, and I see some potential especially in the one that you posted in the thread, but right now all of it feels unrefined and could use a lot of sharpening and reworking.

I would say ditch this one all together. the main focus is on an image you didn't create or rework into an interesting concept in any capacity which is a huge minus. Past that the color choices are pretty awful the red crossing over the brown with the green and grey background to me are just gross looking.

This one is definitely your strongest piece but it's really messy and the lines and fills don't convey a grim reaper with a camera (with what looks like a rifle handle or something) as neatly and well as they could. It took a while to make out what it was. When you work with only two colors you have to be very smart about where the colors are in relation to each other to make the image. Right now the folds of the cloak are nonexistent in the bottom portion of the robes and the of the hood has a very sharp sudden fully black part that makes no sense. The more I look at it the pose seems awkward for working a camera, looks to be hunched over a bit. the perspective is sort of lost between the barrel/lens part of the camera/gun and the forward hand holding it too.

This one just isn't very appealing because of how little there is to it. You could without the background gradient, getting rid of that would be a good start. Also the inverted "Virus" is kind of pointless, a logo should be representative of what the product/channel/whatever is trying to be. Right now the Virus logo doesn't give any idea of it being a gaming channel or having anything to do with viruses or sickness. You should consider that and redo the logo to have a diseased looking videogame controller or some sort of clinical/medical videogame type thing.

I'm not into the graffiti scene at all but these can definitely use some work, right now there's very little feeling or emotion in them. When I see good graffiti (in LA there's no shortage) it has a lot of motion, a lot of feeling in it. The strokes go out and seem almost angry, the elongated letters have a sort of personality to them. These two are fairly uniform and fit nicely into those rectangles. The color choices aren't helping either You should look into using some more to accentuate certain parts of letters and downplay the spaces not occupied by letters.

This one could benefit a lot from a cropping right now all of that black space isn't adding anything to the picture so I'd take out all of the black space up to the edges of the spotlight at the bottom. Adding shading would be relatively easy since you have a very clear light source so you should look into that as well as brightening up that spotlight right now it's uniformly yellow but the top of it should be a little closer to white since it's closer to the source and would be brighter. Other than that there's not a ton I can say about this one.

What program are you using to make these by the way?

Response to Please review my art work 2014-06-09 01:39:54

But I did do a review. Besides, when I searched "review" in the forums tab, I didn't realize that this thread belonged to the art forum. I think that was my bad on my part. Sorry about that.