00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash CS5.5 won't import sound!

1,878 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Flash CS5.5 won't import sound! 2014-04-13 23:34:35

First of all, i'm sorry for a long post, i'm just trying to make it as much details as possible....
So here's the deal: I have Flash CS5.5 and i record my sound with Soundbooth CS4 because my PC is stupid and can't run CS5 Soundbooth, it crashes, nor Audacity! It can, but it stops working in the same moment, sometimes it takes a few seconds and it stops, and in Soundboot when i press record, it crashes... But i have also Mixcraft 6 and the Windows Sound Record (And Soundbooth CS4), and when i try to import i got 2 messages, first one ''Couldn't import 'C:\User\<name>\Desktop\<Sound name.mp3 (or .wav)>.'', after i click OK, the second one says ''One or more files were not imported because there there were problems reading them.''
I read the ''solution'' of the problemon the web and i did what the people said, and that is:
Get Quicktime - Got it!
Get Soundbooth to save in Flash Compatible (44.1 kHz, 16 Bit) - Got it!
Save as MP3 or WAV - Did that also!
And i still can't import sound...
BUT! Sometimes it imports, and sometimes not, and i mean the same file... But in most cases it don't, on the net it just says to re-save the file a few times until it works... I mean, that's just a stupid ''solution'', i could do that maybe even a few hours and still doesn't work... I made my first animation, 3 seconds long, and i did manage to import sound (a slash sound, like a sword) with no problem, and i didn't knew about that sound import problem, i just drag-and-drop it, the problem started after my first animation, i even tried the from File\Import and does not work, and i tried as ActionScript 2.0, and 3.0...
Please help, i'm going crazy! :(

My PC Config is:
CPU: AMD Athelon(tm) II X2 250 Processor 3.00 GHz
RAM: 3GB
Graphic card: Forgot the name, but ih has 1GB

Response to Flash CS5.5 won't import sound! 2014-04-15 14:36:45

Ok so I am by no means an expert with computers or sounds but here are some ideas I came up with.

since your computer is glitching hard with audacity and soundbooth and such, maybe your soundcard is acting up on you. I'm not sure how new your computer is, but mine did some bullshit on me a few times and going to control panel,device manager, then searching for the sound and updating the driver might fix it.

assuming your computer isn't the problem it could also be the file itself. what if the file was corrupted and you are exporting it just into a new corrupted file? It could be flash being a prick though too... do other files work fine for you exporting?

I could test importing it for you if you don't mind uploading it to ng dump or something. I don't have flash 5.5 just CC and cs4 though...