00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

jester want strange dreams

1,378 Views | 27 Replies

jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:06:45

Dear Newgrounds,

I want to have weird and vivid dreams that will make me wake up distressed and upset, but I don't know any surefire conditions to bring them about. If you'd be so kind, suggest shit that gives you dreams that haunt you to your psychological core.

Having a audible fan turned on in my room seems to work some of the time, but only if i'm lucky.

'elp me

XOXO,
Jester

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:09:32

i have a hard time going to sleep under a spinning overheard fan because i get scared that the wires will come loose and the whole thing will onto me and chop me up like a blender.

but i've had strange dreams before, too. they're boring now.

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:11:30

The only way I know how to wake up distressed and upset is by getting really drunk and passing out. Your whole night will feel like a strange dream after you wake up, I can guarantee that.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:18:07

I've tried doing this as well, but nothing has really made it work for me. It's really rare that I have dreams where I wake up in distress, covered in sweat, and paranoid.
Whenever it does happen though, I realize how much I've missed those "scary" dreams.
The other night, I did have one where a woman who was burnt alive started showing up in and around my home. She was clearly dead.
One part that scared the hell out of me, I was out in my backyard smoking a cigarette, when I saw her run across the street at a paranormal speed, carrying a flash light aimed directly at her torched face. It was terrifying, as if my eyes zoomed in on her and I had every detail of her burnt flesh right in front of me.

That dream bothered me, I woke up being paranoid, but nothing too extreme. I used to have very terrifying nightmares, where I'd wake up shaking and unable to sleep for hours. But, that was years back when I was a much younger kid. I miss those, though.

Hopefully tonight I can have a spooky one.

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:20:33

At 4/12/14 10:14 PM, Piggler wrote: Drink NyQuil and then put on your headphones and play dream-inducing binaural beats.

Guaranteed fucked up nocturnal experience.

I've heard a lot about binaural beats and listened to them while I was doing stuff, but I've never tried listening to them as I go to sleep. How well do you think they work?

I don't really try to give myself weird dreams, but if you feel strongly about something and think about it often, or have some sort of unshakable cognitive dissonance, it'll happen.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:22:23

At 4/12/14 10:09 PM, Natick wrote: i have a hard time going to sleep under a spinning overheard fan because i get scared that the wires will come loose and the whole thing will onto me and chop me up like a blender.

If a fan fell on you, you'd die from the impact, not some flimsy blades with a tiny bit of force behind them.

Sleep tight

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:22:54

At 4/12/14 10:18 PM, Luke wrote: That dream bothered me, I woke up being paranoid, but nothing too extreme. I used to have very terrifying nightmares, where I'd wake up shaking and unable to sleep for hours. But, that was years back when I was a much younger kid. I miss those, though.

I remember a few dreams that haunted me throughout my younger years, and I wonder why I haven't had anything even remotely close to that in a long while.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:24:11

At 4/12/14 10:09 PM, Natick wrote:

Just plain odd dreams aren't that great, but I occasionally have deep and profoundly vivid dreams with layers of psychological fuck that depress me for reasons I can't specify get stuck on my mind for days, and they're rad as fuck.

At 4/12/14 10:14 PM, Piggler wrote:
Drink NyQuil and then put on your headphones and play dream-inducing binaural beats.

Tried binuaral beats but couldn't fall asleep wearing headphones, but drinking NyQuil beforehand is an interesting idea. Might give it a try next time i'm feeling particularly brave.

At 4/12/14 10:11 PM, Vnzi wrote:
First, eat as much as you can before bed, like all the greasy shit and fattening. If you feel you are about to poop out the third antichrist then you are good to go.

well then the events of this day have indirectly prepared me for this night

At 4/12/14 10:18 PM, Luke wrote:
I've tried doing this as well, but nothing has really made it work for me. It's really rare that I have dreams where I wake up in distress, covered in sweat, and paranoid.
Whenever it does happen though, I realize how much I've missed those "scary" dreams.

My most disheveling dreams are never anything that makes sense to be afraid of and i'm not sure why they fuck me up so well. Most recent one was that I was living in some apartment complex/mall structure and kept running into a guy and his twin sister, and for no particular reason the two of them just mortified me. Most vivid and frightening dream I can remember ever having and it wasn't anything obviously significant at all.

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:24:30

At 4/12/14 10:22 PM, Scintillating wrote:
At 4/12/14 10:09 PM, Natick wrote: i have a hard time going to sleep under a spinning overheard fan because i get scared that the wires will come loose and the whole thing will onto me and chop me up like a blender.

If a fan fell on you, you'd die from the impact, not some flimsy blades with a tiny bit of force behind them.

Sleep tight

Not necessarily. If it's just a normal ceiling fan, not too heavy with fairly medium-large blades, it could hurt you but it won't kill you. It's not going to slice you either, unless you use knives for the blades, in which I suggest you see a therapist.

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:26:59

In my personal experience, if you stay up till you start to feel really tired, then sleep in the next day, the dreams you have while your room is illuminated by diffuse daylight are very vivid. I can't vouch for their 'weirdness', though.

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:31:37

At 4/12/14 10:24 PM, Jester wrote: Just plain odd dreams aren't that great, but I occasionally have deep and profoundly vivid dreams with layers of psychological fuck that depress me for reasons I can't specify get stuck on my mind for days, and they're rad as fuck.

the weirdest dreams i have are either near-death experiences or meeting people whom i haven't spoken too in ages in situations i haven't had to worry about for years. nothing existential or like what you described and i'm starting to miss those dreams.

At 4/12/14 10:24 PM, StorybookSeven wrote:
At 4/12/14 10:22 PM, Scintillating wrote: If a fan fell on you, you'd die from the impact, not some flimsy blades with a tiny bit of force behind them.

Sleep tight
Not necessarily. If it's just a normal ceiling fan, not too heavy with fairly medium-large blades, it could hurt you but it won't kill you. It's not going to slice you either, unless you use knives for the blades, in which I suggest you see a therapist.

but i already see a therapist, my imagination just goes wild whenever i try to go to sleep

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:36:07

At 4/12/14 10:34 PM, Satan wrote: Just self-induce sleep paralysis on yourself.

Now THAT is some truly horrifying shit.

Well, it'll definitely be something you remember.

Whether you want to or not.

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:43:59

At 4/12/14 10:24 PM, Jester wrote:
At 4/12/14 10:14 PM, Piggler wrote:
Drink NyQuil and then put on your headphones and play dream-inducing binaural beats.

Tried binuaral beats but couldn't fall asleep wearing headphones, but drinking NyQuil beforehand is an interesting idea. Might give it a try next time i'm feeling particularly brave.

If you're going to do it, use Delsym (not that I do it, just that it's safer), because the only active ingredient in it is DXM (Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide/Polystirex), and Nyquil/Vicks/etcetera have other shit which can hurt you in large enough doses for their (low) DXM content to actually affect you.

Delsym has 30 MG DXM per 5ml teaspoon, most others have 5-15, not to mention their other [unsafe] ingredients.

Also, take it in teaspoon/two-teaspoon doses over the course of an hour or two, every ten or fifteen minutes, or it will metabolize into DXO which will just put you down (spinning, passing out, feeling groggy for two days or more).

Just a fair warning from a fellow psychonaut who knows some people who know some people who know a few things about knowing a few things. :)

I don't use binaural beats, nor do I think this is designed for something like "I want strange and 'what the fuck' dreams, however I often go to sleep listening to this album, Dreaming into Being by BLUETECH (I only capitalized all of Bluetech because EVERYTHING else he makes is phenomenal). He actually worked with a Stanford professor who is studying lucid dreaming in order to try and create an album of music which is conducive to the experience, and I can say from personal experience that if put on a mid-low volume where you can hear it well but it's not too high, the "post-deep-sleep" experience of the early morning/late sleep cycle is often likely to be full of lucid/vivid and often quite memorable experiences.

I also tend to dream for several hours every morning (three-four hours of dreaming, often semi-lucid, and about 14% memorable), and have for about 18 months, but this album makes me roar.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:48:45

No kidding, I had a dream last night that I tongued my friend's asshole.

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:50:50

At 4/12/14 10:35 PM, Shauna wrote: Take Ambien. Most fucked up dreams you'll ever have

I'm really interested in Ambien, but I don't think I can legally get it and the odds of finding someone who would sell it to me are near nothing.

At 4/12/14 10:34 PM, Satan wrote:
Just self-induce sleep paralysis on yourself.

Now THAT is some truly horrifying shit.
At 4/12/14 10:37 PM, Vnzi wrote:
Sleep paralysis.

I've been curious to try it for awhile, but i'm not sure it's what i'm looking for. Seems like it just prompts hallucinations of horrifying imagery, from what I've heard.

At 4/12/14 10:38 PM, Shauna wrote:
Another way is to eat and drink caffeine right when you are getting tired. If you know you're going to bed withing the hour or two, you will begin to have fucked up dreams. Just do this consistently enough.

Guess i'll get some caffeine in me because why not

At 4/12/14 10:48 PM, MontosBonos wrote:
No kidding, I had a dream last night that I tongued my friend's asshole.

that was no dream

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:51:18

At 4/12/14 10:48 PM, MontosBonos wrote: No kidding, I had a dream last night that I tongued my friend's asshole.

Did you like it?

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:51:47

At 4/12/14 10:51 PM, Lagerkapo wrote:
At 4/12/14 10:48 PM, MontosBonos wrote: No kidding, I had a dream last night that I tongued my friend's asshole.
Did you like it?

Meh.. Kinda.

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:54:28

At 4/12/14 10:22 PM, StorybookSeven wrote:
At 4/12/14 10:18 PM, Luke wrote: That dream bothered me, I woke up being paranoid, but nothing too extreme. I used to have very terrifying nightmares, where I'd wake up shaking and unable to sleep for hours. But, that was years back when I was a much younger kid. I miss those, though.
I remember a few dreams that haunted me throughout my younger years, and I wonder why I haven't had anything even remotely close to that in a long while.

There were some dreams I had that seemed to repeat themselves, or it was like an episode one, episode two type thing.
But they'd occur within about a year or so between them.

One in particular took place at my grandfather's beach house. We were staying there, my family and I, and suddenly these vampires were attacking. They were scary fucking vampires too, not that human looking type. They were scary as fuck, and it was basically up to me to try killing them all.
It ended up being more of a hiding / survival type thing, but these dreams happened all the time, continuing from the previous.
I can't recall what happened in the end, but most of my family had died near it, and I don't think I ended up surviving either.

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:58:33

At 4/12/14 10:37 PM, Vnzi wrote: This shit is pretty dangerous too, or so I've heard. I would do this carefully if I was planning on doing this.

I've never heard of sleep paralysis being dangerous. I've experienced it before and while weird shit was going on, I was never in danger of physical harm. Your body doesn't move, hence the paralysis part.

If you mean emotional scarring or psychological trauma, you might have a case there.

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 22:58:37

There's two things I can suggest. Go to bed cold, No blankets, No pillow. Stay completely flat. Thing two, drink apple juice before going to bed. It can cause seritonin in your brain to become reactive and that can make your dreams a bit more vivid.

Although it should be noted, you don't want to overdo it because it can put a strain on your entire body through eventual sleep depravation. I wouldn't suggest you do this but whatever.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 23:05:15

At 4/12/14 10:54 PM, Luke wrote:
There were some dreams I had that seemed to repeat themselves, or it was like an episode one, episode two type thing.

That's another thing that stumps me, i'll have these dreams that I swear I've had before but I can't tell if that feeling is just a part of the dream. Tried keeping a dream journal for a time to fact check that shit, but that doesn't work real well when I have to get up for school.

At 4/12/14 10:43 PM, Lagerkapo wrote:
I don't use binaural beats, nor do I think this is designed for something like "I want strange and 'what the fuck' dreams, however I often go to sleep listening to this album, Dreaming into Being by BLUETECH (I only capitalized all of Bluetech because EVERYTHING else he makes is phenomenal).

I appreciate it, definitely trying this tonight. I take it I should leave it on loop?

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 23:08:39

sleep paralysis/drugs/sleep deprivation

gaydemocrat: i just found a seed in my dope

gaydemocrat: this is a fucking outrage

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 23:12:07

At 4/12/14 11:05 PM, Jester wrote:
At 4/12/14 10:54 PM, Luke wrote:

I had dreams like that, it's a really weird sensation. Also, repeating dreams usually means that something needs payed attention to. Once that is done and taken care of, they should resolve themselves or just stop.

That's another thing that stumps me, i'll have these dreams that I swear I've had before but I can't tell if that feeling is just a part of the dream. Tried keeping a dream journal for a time to fact check that shit, but that doesn't work real well when I have to get up for school.

I think I know exactly what you mean. I've had dreams before where I actually recall past dreams as memories and act based on those (similar to how you picture/remember memories in waking life when going about the day), as if it is its own life or universe. Sometimes I don't think I've actually had the dream I'm recalling, or at least I haven't written it in my loosely kept dream journal or remember it. It's all very odd, but interesting.

I don't use binaural beats, nor do I think this is designed for something like "I want strange and 'what the fuck' dreams, however I often go to sleep listening to this album, Dreaming into Being by BLUETECH (I only capitalized all of Bluetech because EVERYTHING else he makes is phenomenal).
I appreciate it, definitely trying this tonight. I take it I should leave it on loop?

I would leave it on a loop or at least long enough until it's playing into after you fall asleep.

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-12 23:50:35

At 4/12/14 11:05 PM, Jester wrote:

I leave it on loop;

The Dreams I have are almost always in the 3-am to 7-8-am slot, and if you go to sleep and don't loop it it will have been over by the time you get into the tail-end REM sleep period where your personal perspective of consciousness returns and you can come to being conscious of and therefore remember your otherworldly dreaminess.

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-13 00:05:53

Eat seafood, eat something questionable, dwell on painful memories, list back to sleep while imagining there are malicious ghosts in the room. Get a slight alcohol buzz going...don't get black-out drunk, otherwise you won't remember...but a little alcohol may go a long way...help loosen up your emotions.

In fact, spend the night at a haunted location...try those dreams out for size.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-13 01:49:46

watch some really disgusting shit and horror movies and eat before going to sleep,a good 2-4 hours should be good

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-13 01:51:56

i don't know about strange dreams but if you want to trigger sleep paralysis sleep on your back

Response to jester want strange dreams 2014-04-13 10:56:44

Reporting back with last night's results:

Drank some caffeiney beverages when I was pretty much ready to pass out, then crashed with Dreaming Into Being by Bluetech looping; unfortunately the MP3 client fucked up and got stuck on the last song of what I assume was the first play of the album. Nonetheless, I had some pretty clear and mildly upsetting dreams pertaining to a creepy and empty version of Disney World and locking my keys & phone inside a car that was then towed.

Makin' progress. Just have to make sure the album loop works properly tonight and i'll see how that plays out.

At 4/13/14 01:26 AM, Shauna wrote:
Your parents won't take you to a doctor? Just tell them you haven't slept right in a long time. No reason why the doctor can't give it to you.

I haven't been to a doctor in 9 years, my folks are very "walk it off" about most everything short of vaccinations and gaping wounds.