00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Breakfast-Crow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My art thread! (and kinda new here)

3,776 Views | 42 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Well, here I am, and i wanna show off my art!
Most of the stuff I'll be posting is will be from my universe "Deep Space" (wich I'm also making a comic of) but there will also be some titbits of other things (I suppose)
So enjoy ^^
(lets start with my header...)

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-12 23:56:38

i say your headed in the right direction

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-13 06:17:52

At 4/12/14 11:56 PM, Shadaw wrote: i say your headed in the right direction

Thanks!
Here's another one, its a quite old by now picture from when I was still getting the hang of digital art. I still consider it as one of my best though. (if anybody wants any info about the characters or species or whatever I'm posting here do not be afraid to ask):

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-13 16:54:42

At 4/13/14 06:17 AM, Tattorack wrote:
At 4/12/14 11:56 PM, Shadaw wrote: i say your headed in the right direction
Thanks!
Here's another one, its a quite old by now picture from when I was still getting the hang of digital art. I still consider it as one of my best though. (if anybody wants any info about the characters or species or whatever I'm posting here do not be afraid to ask):

His power is too bright, should of been a lot darker. You see how the first image you posted you balanced the brightness and darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-13 20:22:58

At 4/13/14 04:54 PM, Shadaw wrote:
His power is too bright, should of been a lot darker. You see how the first image you posted you balanced the brightness and darkness.

Yeah, I know >.<
The energy should be pinker around the edges instead of being this pale.
Besides my skill not being so good at the time, there was also the computer monitor that hd a tad bit too much red in it...

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-14 06:31:04

Alrighties, some drones from the evil evil evil Evilguys in my universe:

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-14 06:34:09

And here bees type bee:

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-14 07:35:24

Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to more of your stuff!
I mean, robots and space people, what's not to love. :3

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-14 10:08:18

At 4/14/14 07:35 AM, 123mine123 wrote: Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to more of your stuff!
I mean, robots and space people, what's not to love. :3

Thanks!
There there bees plenty of alien-mutant-cyborg-space-people.
Here's the traitor high command general of those drones above:

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-14 10:13:01

I forgot to mention that the above picyure was made around the same time as the one with Annahlii Erixa in it, so my digital skills there don't reflect my current.
But now for some traditional.
Here's an original alien species from the Elex One galaxy:

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-14 16:17:21

At 4/14/14 06:34 AM, Tattorack wrote: And here bees type bee:

You should of put more of background on these, at least some more lines.

Here's an original alien species from the Elex One galaxy:

You should put tails on these characters.

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-14 17:05:12

At 4/14/14 06:34 AM, Tattorack wrote: And here bees type bee:

These guys kinda look like the Geth from the Mass Effect series

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-14 17:47:55

At 4/14/14 04:30 PM, Bigjonny13 wrote:

:These guys kinda look like the Geth from the Mass Effect series
Really? Thanks I guess ^^
(PSSSST! Secret; never played Mass Effect)

At 4/14/14 04:17 PM, Shadaw wrote: You should of put more of background on these, at least some more lines.

Well, the meaning of those images are meant to informative, and only about the drones.
Adding a background or more lines is totally irrelivent.

At 4/14/14 04:17 PM, Shadaw wrote: You should put tails on these characters.

But I don't want tails on these guys.
Besides, they're Humanoid; only Anamoid races have frequently tails.

Ok, here's another original species:

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-14 17:50:56

Here we have another drone type:

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-14 18:52:53

At 4/14/14 05:47 PM, Tattorack wrote:
Adding a background or more lines is totally irrelivent.

You're drawing Sci FI and and you think backgrounds are irrelevant, your attempts are in vain.

At 4/14/14 04:17 PM, Shadaw wrote: You should put tails on these characters.
But I don't want tails on these guys.
Besides, they're Humanoid; only Anamoid races have frequently tails.

Ok, here's another original species:

If you're going to plagiarize characters and pretend their original the least you could do is plagiarize correctly.

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-14 19:27:38

Mass effect also invented space, you can't have that setting without paying EA for the rights.

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-14 20:00:13

At 4/14/14 06:52 PM, Shadaw wrote: You're drawing Sci FI and and you think backgrounds are irrelevant, your attempts are in vain.

No, adding a background or extra lines in these data-sheets wont serve any purpose.
Also, these data-sheets are meant to look in the style of Terran consol interfaces.

At 4/14/14 06:52 PM, Shadaw wrote: If you're going to plagiarize characters and pretend their original the least you could do is plagiarize correctly.

What... am I exactly plagiarizing???

At 4/15/14 01:36 AM, Daverom wrote:

:Mass effect also invented space, you can't have that setting without paying EA for the rights.
So what, EA bought the rights from Gene Roddonberry? XD
That would be a serious bummer!

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-18 08:37:55

Here bees MOAR!!!
(people wanted tails right?)

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-18 08:57:46

The above picture was done quite some time ago.
Personally I still find it kinda charming, but here's a more recent one:
(and why not some more Bionicle? Haven't seen much of that on NG)

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-18 09:00:12

At 4/18/14 08:57 AM, Tattorack wrote: The above picture was done quite some time ago.
Personally I still find it kinda charming, but here's a more recent one:
(and why not some more Bionicle? Haven't seen much of that on NG)

Ok..... so apparently NG doesn't handle .png's with transparencies all too well.
You can see the original one here.

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-18 11:30:22

Why don't you try some easier concepts. You're trying like the hardest stuff. Did you draw in high school to develop technique?

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-18 14:50:18

At 4/18/14 11:30 AM, Shadaw wrote: Why don't you try some easier concepts. You're trying like the hardest stuff. Did you draw in high school to develop technique?

Hardest stuff? Not sure what you mean. I just draw what comes up in me. Or, very rarely, what is requested (like the Giant Jellyfish-Rahi above).
And I never went to a drawing class, everything I learned I discovered/taught/observed myself ^^

Anyway, an extract from my webcomic:

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-18 18:54:22

At 4/18/14 02:50 PM, Tattorack wrote:
At 4/18/14 11:30 AM, Shadaw wrote: Why don't you try some easier concepts. You're trying like the hardest stuff. Did you draw in high school to develop technique?
Hardest stuff? Not sure what you mean. I just draw what comes up in me. Or, very rarely, what is requested (like the Giant Jellyfish-Rahi above).

You're trying to draw at a high skill level, how can I be more clear.

And I never went to a drawing class, everything I learned I discovered/taught/observed myself ^^

That's not what I asked. I asked if you have previous experience drawing? How many years have you drawn, and was it consistent?

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-18 20:33:08

At 4/18/14 06:54 PM, Shadaw wrote: You're trying to draw at a high skill level, how can I be more clear.

Please explain how trying to do something difficult is a bad thing.

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-18 21:05:59

At 4/18/14 08:33 PM, Daverom wrote:
At 4/18/14 06:54 PM, Shadaw wrote: You're trying to draw at a high skill level, how can I be more clear.
Please explain how trying to do something difficult is a bad thing.

You can't just start drawing difficult things out of the blue. You need years of practice and repetition to develop technique. Every good artist started drawing at a early age, and they drew all the time.

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-18 23:53:59

At 4/18/14 09:05 PM, Shadaw wrote: You can't just start drawing difficult things out of the blue. You need years of practice and repetition to develop technique.

What a terrible attitude to have, being too afraid to fail something new is an incredibly destructive mindset for an artist; hell, for anyone.
There's literally nothing stopping someone from at least trying hard shit unless you are just absolutely crushed by minor disappointment. If you never try in the first place, you have no starting point, you don't improve.

Every good artist started drawing at a early age, and they drew all the time.

Apply this logic to any other skill or job. I hope that'll show how ridiculous it sounds.

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-19 00:11:33

At 4/18/14 11:53 PM, Daverom wrote:
At 4/18/14 09:05 PM, Shadaw wrote: You can't just start drawing difficult things out of the blue. You need years of practice and repetition to develop technique.
What a terrible attitude to have, being too afraid to fail something new is an incredibly destructive mindset for an artist; hell, for anyone.
There's literally nothing stopping someone from at least trying hard shit unless you are just absolutely crushed by minor disappointment. If you never try in the first place, you have no starting point, you don't improve.
Apply this logic to any other skill or job. I hope that'll show how ridiculous it sounds.

You know I don't know what you people are tying to do, but it's quite sad and I'm not sure I'm not the first person to come in here and say this.

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-19 00:26:45

At 4/19/14 12:11 AM, Shadaw wrote:
At 4/18/14 11:53 PM, Daverom wrote:
You know I don't know what you people are tying to do, but it's quite sad and I'm not sure I'm not the first person to come in here and say this.

Shadaw, chill man. I think it's great that the artist is trying new things and getting out of their comfort zone. If you don't set big goals for yourself and accept that you might fail, you'll never get better. Failure is how we learn, and I don't think this artist is failing. That's up for the artist to personally decide, and what they want to try next time.

I'm not sure how old you are, but judging by your comments you seem young. Art is personal and very subjective. Granted I think most people will believe there are basic techniques that should be mastered, especially when character design and anatomy come into play. However, you will NEVER get better unless you keep drawing, no matter how easy or difficult. Drawing ANYTHING is progress.

Kudos to the artist for trying, and I think he (or she) has some great potential, especially without formal training or classes (although that never hurts).

For the artist, I'd recommend to find some of your most inspirational shows/games/cartoons, and find out the artists of characters you like and that inspire you. They may have art pages on the internet with far more drawings and characters than you knew about. I'm personally a big fan of Glen Keane. I also recommend drawing tutorials on youtube like "Draw with Jazza". Art is nonstop practice. :D

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-19 00:38:35

I'm chilled. I've always stayed out of this part of the forum, but if some people want my attention so bad then there you have it. Have fun doing whatever you guys are doing.

BBS Signature

Response to My art thread! (and kinda new here) 2014-04-19 00:43:26

Apparently a discussion is a very foreign concept.
I can see this is going nowhere, I'll stop cluttering the thread.